The Eyes of Texas

LTtxfan

10 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Disney recently revamped Snow White’s Scary Adventure ride at DW to make it more kid friendly so as to not “scare” then and make it more relevant. People are still pissed about the ride in saying that Disney still missed the mark because the Prince kissed a sleeping Snow White without her permission! “It teaches sexual aggression against women” they say. It i a statement. I hope that they stick by their words.

Not to get too off topic, but I remember only the basics of the story. She was put under an evil spell that would have her be in a form of suspended animation and only the kiss of the prince could save her right?  How was he to get permission for this kiss? It would have been better for her to have not been saved than to have a kiss without permission?  If I’m standing on a subway platform and I see a person trip and fall seemingly towards the path of an on coming train; I might be able to grasp her and save her but that would require incidental, not sexual contact with her tit, should I not try to save her because consent was not given?  It makes no sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Not to get too off topic, but I remember only the basics of the story. She was put under an evil spell that would have her be in a form of suspended animation and only the kiss of the prince could save her right?  How was he to get permission for this kiss? It would have been better for her to have not been saved than to have a kiss without permission?  If I’m standing on a subway platform and I see a person trip and fall seemingly towards the path of an on coming train; I might be able to grasp her and save her but that would require incidental, not sexual contact with her tit, should I not try to save her because consent was not given?  It makes no sense. 

Sorry context doesn't matter these days

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

5 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Sorry context doesn't matter these days

https://www.foxnews.com/world/indian-man-to-sue-his-parents-for-giving-birth-to-him-without-his-consent-wants-to-be-paid-for-his-life

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Now that I think of it, the dwarves didn’t consent to having their shit get cleaned up. Snow White deprived them of their agency as slobs. Smdh oppressive bitch. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I heard Excalibur is planning on suing King Arthur for pulling him out of the stone without prior consent. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/9/2021 at 12:27 AM, mininghorn88 said:

People are still pissed about the ride in saying that Disney still missed the mark because the Prince kissed a sleeping Snow White without her permission! “It teaches sexual aggression against women” they say.

I always assumed she was dead. 

Clearly woke band dorks are the most courageous of all the dorks.  I for one am so thankful that they are here to correct all past injustices real or perceived.  We are lucky to be blessed with these protectors.  Also Disney won’t know what hit them once the band dorks hear about the sexual aggression thing.  

Edited by stork642
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just got an email saying Scott Hannah is retiring from the Director of LHB on May 31st. The new director will be Cliff Croomes, most recently the Assistant Director of Bands at Louisiana State University, Assistant Director of the Tiger Band and the Music Director and Principal Conductor of the Civic Orchestra of Baton Rouge. He earned his Bachelor of Music Studies degree from UT Austin and both his Master of Music and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees from LSU. Prior to his time in Baton Rouge, Dr. Croomes served as the Director of Bands at Georgetown High School in Georgetown, Texas.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Yep, I'm assuming he's comfortable with directing the band to play The Eyes. Maybe having a black man directing the LHB will help those that feel strongly against the song come around on the idea? No clue. All I hope is that he does a great job and takes the band in a good direction, no pun intended. I was tired of the way Hannah was doing things.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

I was tired of the way Hannah was doing things.

Hanna was very much part of the group that kept pushing the shitty short tunes like the wolf of wallstreet chest thump. And he was one of the dumbasses who insisted on playing Strong Eyes on 3rd down, only for the defense to crumble and give up the 3rd down - rather than playing it after a big 3rd down stop.

Here's hoping Dr. Croomes brings a much-needed fresh perspective and new ideas to LHB, and hopefully some better fucking halftime shows than the UIL curly-Q bullshit that Hanna loves so much

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hanna was very much part of the group that kept pushing the shitty short tunes like the wolf of wallstreet chest thump. And he was one of the dumbasses who insisted on playing Strong Eyes on 3rd down, only for the defense to crumble and give up the 3rd down - rather than playing it after a big 3rd down stop.

Here's hoping Dr. Croomes brings a much-needed fresh perspective and new ideas to LHB, and hopefully some better fucking halftime shows than the UIL curly-Q bullshit that Hanna loves so much

Hanna fucking sucked and had no idea when to play certain music, like The Eyes after a 3rd down stop. Glad he’s gone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I am glad there are actual terms for this, and that someone also recognized it and was unhappy about the change.

What was the new "post third down stop" music anyway? I kinda liked it, but it seemed to pop out of nowhere. 

Side note: It was funny to watch cheer members not participate in the eyes but when strong eyes and any other eyes adjacent song played, they were gung ho.

• Hook 'Em 1

Surely one of you assholes was blowing your horn while he was banging his drum back in the day.  Is this a good hire or not?  Seems like it is.  

Cliff is a good dude, at least he was when I knew him back in the day. Best of luck to him … it will be a challenging transition and I’m hopeful he enjoys it and succeeds.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, MadTrapper said:

Just want to go on the record saying Hanna was a terrible leader even before the Eyes fiasco. Glad he's gone.

Still: the guy had one job, and failed miserably at it in 2020. That “we don’t know the long term impact of Covid-19 on marching bands” BS was the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard a eunuch use.

Good riddance.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Just got an email saying Scott Hannah is retiring from the Director of LHB on May 31st. The new director will be Cliff Croomes, most recently the Assistant Director of Bands at Louisiana State University, Assistant Director of the Tiger Band and the Music Director and Principal Conductor of the Civic Orchestra of Baton Rouge. He earned his Bachelor of Music Studies degree from UT Austin and both his Master of Music and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees from LSU. Prior to his time in Baton Rouge, Dr. Croomes served as the Director of Bands at Georgetown High School in Georgetown, Texas.

spacer.png

Your avatar seems quite appropriate given the information in this post.

Yep, I'm assuming he's comfortable with directing the band to play The Eyes. Maybe having a black man directing the LHB will help those that feel strongly against the song come around on the idea? No clue. All I hope is that he does a great job and takes the band in a good direction, no pun intended. I was tired of the way Hannah was doing things.

• Haha 3