Texas vs. bull doggin hoes like dem Georgetown Hoyas - 6pm ESPN2

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Nah, it was the typical early season surprise win, when the team has started the year hot, to make you think that maybe things are going to be different this year. Then things revert back to normal and we play like we are tonight before going .500 in Big 12 play. 

.500 In conference would be a revelation lol

8-10 at best 

That was an all time worst 20mts in collegiate basketball history.  Did we go from a 7 point favorite to a 16 point favorite?   A 23 point neutral site swing?  

and all that without their best player

for most Of the game. ?  

Fuxk this team 

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I do think GU has better players.  They are longer and know how to score around the basket.  That said, we just look like a mentally weak team.  now who’s fault is that?

No we just made them look that way by being stubborn as fuck. Continuing to stick with 4 guards and refusing to double team the post when they started to make their initial run was remarkably stupid. We were down 10 points before Shaka decided to play both Sims and Jones together. It was clear as day that they were dominating us down low from the start, but Matt Coleman's offensive start and rotating the ball on offense in the first half kept us in the game. As soon as we got down 8 points we stopped playing deliberately and tried to heroball our way to a win. And by that time they were playing confidently due to numerous paint touches where their bigs got the ball down low with a 6" to 7" advantage against one on one coverage. 

• Like 3

at the end of the game, maybe a minute left or something, Coleman sprints the ball up, heads straight to the paint, and does some sort of ridiculous up-and-under attempt that ends up clanging off the bottom of the basket for what amounts to a turnover. your classic "we're going to lose anyway so it doesn't matter what i do right now" play. Shaka has no reaction. when that happened i looked at my buddy and said, "do you know what Rick Barnes would do to him if he tried to pull that shit with Rick as his coach?" But of course Shaka is nothing like Rick, and that's not the great thing that so many people hoped it would be.

Everyone here knows all about Shaka's shortcomings as an x's and o's coach, but it's these little things like the lack of accountability on a play like that that make me feel like no matter how many badass assistant coaches we hire this program is being led by someone who has no clue what it takes to successfully lead a program, period. all of his players love him, because who doesn't love a hip young black dude who wants to be your pal and constantly tells you how much he loves you and who never punishes you for anything? if only liking your coach made you a better basketball player.

for four plus years now we've seen Shaka's players make the same dumb mistakes over and over only to never get punished, spoken to, or benched for it. then we have other guys who come off the bench with a fire lit under their ass and outplay their starting counterparts, only to find themselves back on the bench in a marginalized role before they know it. it's fucking stupid, and i am very much looking forward to whoever replaces this clown bringing some accountability back to the program. 

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nope. Our coaching is just that bad.

Their two bigs are better than our bigs.  That 7 footer will be a lottery pick.  LeBlanc is better than any player we have.  Their point is at least as good as Coleman.  Ramey physically did not belong on the court.  And we don’t have a reliable shooter who can also create his own shot like McClug.  We have some good raw talent with Williams, Liddel and Kai but we do not have any straight ballers until Andrew Jones is all the way back.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

at the end of the game, maybe a minute left or something, Coleman sprints the ball up, heads straight to the paint, and does some sort of ridiculous up-and-under attempt that ends up clanging off the bottom of the basket for what amounts to a turnover. your classic "we're going to lose anyway so it doesn't matter what i do right now" play. Shaka has no reaction. when that happened i looked at my buddy and said, "do you know what Rick Barnes would do to him if he tried to pull that shit with Rick as his coach?" But of course Shaka is nothing like Rick, and that's not the great thing that so many people hoped it would be.

Everyone here knows all about Shaka's shortcomings as an x's and o's coach, but it's these little things like the lack of accountability on a play like that that make me feel like no matter how many badass assistant coaches we hire this program is being led by someone who has no clue what it takes to successfully lead a program, period. all of his players love him, because who doesn't love a hip young black dude who wants to be your pal and constantly tells you how much he loves you and who never punishes you for anything? if only liking your coach made you a better basketball player.

for four plus years now we've seen Shaka's players make the same dumb mistakes over and over only to never get punished, spoken to, or benched for it. then we have other guys who come off the bench with a fire lit under their ass and outplay their starting counterparts, only to find themselves back on the bench in a marginalized role before they know it. it's fucking stupid, and i am very much looking forward to whoever replaces this clown bringing some accountability back to the program. 

Do you ever get embarrassed licking Rick Barnes balls all the time?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Prediction, which one of out three major men's sports will crack a .550 winning percentage this academic year?  I think football goes 7-6.  I think basketball probably makes a run at 18-16, with a combo of 3 post-season games (1-2 in conference tourney and/or 1-2 in NIT/CBI/CIT), for an overall ~.530 or so. I think baseball has probably the best chance given a somewhat down year in the Big XII and a respectable, but not overwhelming non-conf. schedule.  We could sniff .600 there given our pitching.  

But yeah, our 3 major revenue sports will likely combine this year to maybe hint around .540 as an overall sports program.  Sure we'll place high in those director's cup things because of so many other successful olympic sports...but our Big 3 are gonna be a fucking out and out embarrassment this year.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Prediction, which one of out three major men's sports will crack a .550 winning percentage this academic year?  I think football goes 7-6.  I think basketball probably makes a run at 18-16, with a combo of 3 post-season games (1-2 in conference tourney and/or 1-2 in NIT/CBI/CIT), for an overall ~.530 or so. I think baseball has probably the best chance given a somewhat down year in the Big XII and a respectable, but not overwhelming non-conf. schedule.  We could sniff .600 there given our pitching.  

But yeah, our 3 major revenue sports will likely combine this year to maybe hint around .540 as an overall sports program.  Sure we'll place high in those director's cup things because of so many other successful olympic sports...but our Big 3 are gonna be a fucking out and out embarrassment this year.  

"We're Texas!"

Coleman was great but our guards got out played physically, and he ran out of juice. Real plays would help on offense, not just 1/1 creating or chunkin shots, but it doesn’t appear to be coming any time soon.

Also, gtown has real depth and it showed. If that big man played more, it would have been so much worse.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Dakich rarely holds back.  What did he say?

he was just totally miffed that Shaka wasn't making any adjustments to what GTown was doing.  But he really went in on our offense, and how predictable and ineffectual it was. He (Dakich) was literally calling out what we were going to do before we did it, miffed that we were just doing the same unsuccessful things over and over again. he sounded like every Texas hoops fan when watching a game. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

they have us winning 19 overall, going 8-10 in league play. 

Tied for 2nd best regular season record under Shaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Considering we've won 19 games twice in the regular season but haven't yet hit our high water mark of 20 games in 2015-16.

Feel the Blah! 

• Like 1