November 22, 1963

tx 3 putt

56 years ago JFK and Jackie O were making the rounds in Houston. Jackie O even gave a speech in spanish. Some great picures in the link below.

They left the bayou city for FW that evening. Little did anyone know that it was all ending the next day. 

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/56-years-later-JFK-visits-Houston-14852008.php

Alt History - Oswalt misses and JFK gets his two terms. Is LBJ still around to run in 68 ? LBJ / RFK 1968 ? or does RFK go it alone in 68 ? who would have been his VP ?

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Is LBJ still around to run in 68 ? LBJ / RFK 1968 ? or does RFK go it alone in 68 ? who would have been his VP ?

I am way too young to know for sure, but I was under the distinct impression that Bobby ran in '68 to help complete his brother's legacy (well that, and the Democrats were falling apart that year because LBJ decided not to run at the last minute).

if Kennedy isnt killed, and actually gets re-elected (remember, he was visiting Texas to shore up support).  Revisionist history lists him as great President, but before Nov 22nd he was pissing off a lot of people and the re-election wasnt certain.  But assuming he completes his 2 terms, I dont see Bobby trying to be president until at least 8 years down the line, maybe even 16 years on (much like Hillary made her run 16 years after Bill left).    There is actually a good chance we still get Nixon in 1968- especially if we were still in Vietnam.

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I walked around Dealey Plaza for the first time the day before Texas OU last month. I’ve heard people say this before, but it’s amazing how small the area is when you’re standing in it. That was not a difficult shot.

indeed.  there was a very clear line of sight from the grassy knoll. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I walked around Dealey Plaza for the first time the day before Texas OU last month. I’ve heard people say this before, but it’s amazing how small the area is when you’re standing in it. That was not a difficult shot.

Back in 2000 or so I took one of my nephews who was in town visiting. Nephew was ~ 20 yo and all he knew of JFK was what he'd learned watching Oliver Stone's movie. Yikes.

i tried to take my kids to the 6th floor museum on a sunday last month and the line to get in was insane.  i never remember seeing it like that.  can't imagine they have anything new.  we just walked around the plaza instead.

also 11/22/63 is my favorite stephen king book.

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

i tried to take my kids to the 6th floor museum on a sunday last month and the line to get in was insane.  i never remember seeing it like that.  can't imagine they have anything new.  we just walked around the plaza instead.

Went in August for the first time since the mid to late 90s and it is a lot different in terms of being able to walk up and get in and also the presentation of the actual museum. It is very thorough and very well done. Highly recommend buying tickets in advance and showing your kids around the place. 

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

56 years ago JFK and Jackie O were making the rounds in Houston. Jackie O even gave a speech in spanish. Some great picures in the link below.

They left the bayou city for FW that evening. Little did anyone know that it was all ending the next day. 

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/56-years-later-JFK-visits-Houston-14852008.php

Alt History - Oswalt misses and JFK gets his two terms. Is LBJ still around to run in 68 ? LBJ / RFK 1968 ? or does RFK go it alone in 68 ? who would have been his VP ?

Ok, boomer.

9 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Went in August for the first time since the mid to late 90s and it is a lot different in terms of being able to walk up and get in and also the presentation of the actual museum. It is very thorough and very well done. Highly recommend buying tickets in advance and showing your kids around the place. 

my 11yo was bummed.  we'll try next time we're in dallas. i haven't been since hs either.

49 minutes ago, futureman said:

there’s no conspiracy. 

That is exactly what the consipirasts want you to believe.

I can believe that Oswald was the lone gunman, I find it hard to believe he acted completely alone; part of that is due to it being harder to believe that Ruby showed up at just the right time to gun down Oswald and that Ruby acted alone. 

But all that being said - maybe it was just that and nothing more

Now can you explain why all the activity in Roswell from people coming and going to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio?

The sustaining conspiracy theories that still float around about his death continue to amaze me.  People will believe the craziest shit about what really happened to JFK, when the truth was staring the country right in the face for the 5 years afterwards.  Johnson had Kennedy killed, plain and simple.  

I wish we could have had Robert Kennedy as president.  His older brother was nothing special, a closeted supply-sider who didn't like minorities, he just had striking charisma.  His younger brother gets some sympathy from me because the heavy legacy of such a powerful family fell to such an average man.  The rest of the kids in politics are fucking worthless.  But RFK Had both the vision and the intelligence to truly transform the nation.  We'd be 20 years ahead of where we are right now had he gotten his 8 years in the White House.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The sustaining conspiracy theories that still float around about his death continue to amaze me.  People will believe the craziest shit about what really happened to JFK, when the truth was staring the country right in the face for the 5 years afterwards.  Johnson had Kennedy killed, plain and simple.  

I wish we could have had Robert Kennedy as president.  His older brother was nothing special, a closeted supply-sider who didn't like minorities, he just had striking charisma.  His younger brother gets some sympathy from me because the heavy legacy of such a powerful family fell to such an average man.  The rest of the kids in politics are fucking worthless.  But RFK Had both the vision and the intelligence to truly transform the nation.  We'd be 20 years ahead of where we are right now had he gotten his 8 years in the White House.  

that’s gold, jerry.bania

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Soon....

lbj-jfk-death-stare-783x1024.jpg

Edited by El Diablo

27 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Soon....

lbj-jfk-death-stare-783x1024.jpg

LBJ's stone cold phone call to Bobby Kennedy right after his brothers murder was particularly brazen.  "Hey Robert...I could call any number of White House counsels, the GC to Capitol Hill, or one of 9 Supreme Court Justices...but wanted to call you to get some lucid advice on how this whole Oath of Office thing should transpire.  Who better to call for practical, sober advice than a guy who's brother I just had killed here in Texas.  You're judgement is probably state of the art right now, right Bobby?  Anywho, let me know your thoughts on how this should all go down.  And your sister-in-law is standing next to me with little bits of brain on her jacket.  Gross-o...hope that doesn't stain my new airplane.  What's that?  Air Force Two?  Nope, I'm riding home on this big bird with your brother's half a loaf down below in cargo.  We'll see you soon Bobby, thanks for your help with all this."  

i double-dog-dare all of you to collapse your reality tunnels.  this is more damaging to the consensus psyche then videos of building 7 in free fall.

https://www.amazon.com/Prayer-Man-Shadows-Into-Light/dp/1944205012/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=prayer+man+oswald&qid=1574467260&sr=8-4

This book scientifically proves Oswald was on the front steps.  Have fun storming the castle.

Who are you Mr. Miller?

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i double-dog-dare all of you to collapse your reality tunnels.  this is more damaging to the consensus psyche then videos of building 7 in free fall.

https://www.amazon.com/Prayer-Man-Shadows-Into-Light/dp/1944205012/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=prayer+man+oswald&qid=1574467260&sr=8-4

This book scientifically proves Oswald was on the front steps.  Have fun storming the castle.

Who are you Mr. Miller?

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Who are you Mr. Miller?

The stupid.  It hurts.

You joke, but I was standing on the grassy knoll looking from there to the kill shot, and... well let's not start one of those threads. 

For fun times we would discreetly drop shell casings there and watch the tourists reactions when they found them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, Lobo said:

Johnson didn’t have Kennedy killed but its likely he knew or at least suspected it was gonna go down.

People who needed Johnson to be the president so they could either stay out of jail and/or make or prevent them from losing a while shitload of money, had Kennedy killed. 

Fear is the biggest motivator of all. Hell if making Johnson the president would keep me out of jail I’d at least think about it. 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ths71 said:

For fun times we would discreetly drop shell casings there and watch the tourists reactions when they found them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there is an entire book about a shell casing that was found behind the fence, James Files claimed to be the assassin and that definitely was his casing ...come to think of it,  there has been an entire book about every random person, shadow, sound, and blade grass that was in dealey plaza that day and they were all in on it 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:08 PM, Incredulity said:

On yeah, well what happened on Nov, 5th 1955?

Mom turned 18 (npa)

I took my son by Dealey Sunday.  I'd taken him before but he was too young to understand the impact.  13 now, he was way more into the history and alternate possibilities of it happening/not happening.  

I think the thing that always get me about it is, there is a group of businesses in Dealey that exist because a man got half is head blown off.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, Lobo said:

How did the bullet change directions like it did?

59 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Same way Jeffrey Epstein hung himself.

Is that Horchak

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Same way Jeffrey Epstein hung himself.

The dude from Welcome Back Kotter? I think he died from a heart attack not autoerotic asphyxiation. What were we talking about?