Hunters: Al Pacino killin' Natzees

Parliament

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

So Hollywood and streaming services are finally realizing what The History Channel figured out decades ago: make a show whose premise is something, something, Hitler/Nazis, and people will come.

That or the Netflix model,  make a doc on every murder ever committed.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 4:04 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

Pacino has played the same character his entire career. Sometimes it was perfect, sometimes not so much.

He was great until after Scent of a Woman when he apparently decided every role needed a heavy dose of Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade 

Edited by mr. sunshine

I look forward to starting this series very soon to fill my void of alternative-history Nazi shows on streaming services now that "The Man in the HIgh Castle" has ended.  

However, I'm not sure I buy an 80-year old Italian midget as the head of an anti-Nazi crack-squad, unless the angle is his old country connections give him leads as to where some of the Nazis fled to because many of them did leave through Italy/Malta.  But production value looks great, so I'm in.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Perfect summation of the first two episodes.

I watched the first episode. Just don’t like the feel of the show. Of course it’s not based on a true story and the show runner has stated it’s wish fulfillment. 

I’ve already seen Inglorious Bastards. I’m out. I’ll report back if I hear Ted Mosby, Architect/Nazi Hunter does something really messed up. 

On 2/21/2020 at 7:30 PM, Dilligas said:

Holy shit don’t watch minutes 33-34. Unless you’re armybrat

Not sure what I think of this shit yet.

Come and knock on our door
We've been waiting for you
Where the kisses are hers and hers, and his
Three's company, too

Come and dance on on our floor
Take a step, that is new
We've a lovable space that needs your face
Three's company, too

You'll see that life... For you
Down at our rendezvous
Three's company, too

It's a big mess... tries too hard to be way to many things and doesn't really succeed at any.  Overkill with respect to stereotypes and forced Jew humor that reaches the point of habitability.   Comedy, drama and action forced into a cheese on fish type dish.  The gore is unnecessarily extreme is some spots.  A heavy amount of Tarantino imitation to the point of irritation.  Definitely some good actors, interesting scenes, and a large budget, but the product is an uncomfortable, "look how cool I am," kind of self indulgence.  Even the racial discrimination / anti-Semitic hammer-over-the-head messaging was ineffective...tried to be over-the-top funny and was just insulting to the iq of viewers.

• Like 2

Watched a few more and this show is just weird. It is like a mix of the movie Kick Ass, Defiance, Munich and Person of Interest with sprinkles of Scott Pilgrim vs the World directed by Tarantino's less talented cousin. It would be decent as a drama/action but it can really get dark which makes the comic book parts feel very inappropriate.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 8:43 AM, VinyVango said:

It's a big mess... tries too hard to be way to many things and doesn't really succeed at any.  Overkill with respect to stereotypes and forced Jew humor that reaches the point of habitability.   Comedy, drama and action forced into a cheese on fish type dish.  The gore is unnecessarily extreme is some spots.  A heavy amount of Tarantino imitation to the point of irritation.  Definitely some good actors, interesting scenes, and a large budget, but the product is an uncomfortable, "look how cool I am," kind of self indulgence.  Even the racial discrimination / anti-Semitic hammer-over-the-head messaging was ineffective...tried to be over-the-top funny and was just insulting to the iq of viewers.

I’ve made it through episode 8, in which they add “24” to the litany of things it tries to be.  Committed now, probably finish it tonight.  

On 2/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, F250 said:

Watched a few more and this show is just weird. It is like a mix of the movie Kick Ass, Defiance, Munich and Person of Interest with sprinkles of Scott Pilgrim vs the World directed by Tarantino's less talented cousin. It would be decent as a drama/action but it can really get dark which makes the comic book parts feel very inappropriate.

This.  I'm out.  Made it pretty far out of boredom/curiosity but the payoff is not there.  

On 2/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, F250 said:

If you had a movie criticism blog I would subscribe to it.

11 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am starting ep 10 now.  The show is a mess.  
And the age of Jonah makes no sense.  If he is 19 in 1977, he was born no later than 1958.  Which means his mom, presumably born after the war, was 13 when she had him?   How does that get out of the writer’s room?  

The grandparents were way older than they should have been as well. It seems an additional 20 years were added to the main characters that were not accounted for in the show's timeline.

Another time issue was anachronistic references throughout the show. The Kramer vs Kramer line stood out because the movie wasn't made yet. There were other cultural references that felt out of place. Krispy Kreme seemed misplaced, I don't remember 1977 but were Krispy Kreme donuts common in NYC back then? I thought it was just a Southern donut chain during that time period.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:35 AM, tx 3 putt said:

The only good nazi, is a dead nazi.

ive always been of the opinion that they got off light after the war. Every nazi officer, major and above should have got a bullet to their head  and thrown in a ditch 

Agree. They should have been treated like they treated those they murdered in the concentration camps. Starved, living with lice and working until they dropped, in 10 degree weather with no clothes. Then . . . 

Do we ever find out what happened to the black cop and his pregnant wife (and some other woman)?  I think I'm about half way through and that scene happened a few episodes back.   The only mention I recall was him taking leave to be with his pregnant wife.