Hunters: Al Pacino killin' Natzees

Parliament

4 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Do we ever find out what happened to the black cop and his pregnant wife (and some other woman)?  I think I'm about half way through and that scene happened a few episodes back.   The only mention I recall was him taking leave to be with his pregnant wife.  

I don't think they say, but you know damn well what happened to them 

On 3/2/2020 at 4:49 AM, RPM said:

The story was all over the place like an aggy trying to find a sheep it hadn't fucked.

The black lesbian FBI agent and her dying mom storyline seemed totally unnecessary. In fact, I found her character fairly annoying.

the show was entertaining but not spectacular. Could’ve done a lot more with the premise.

13 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The black lesbian FBI agent and her dying mom storyline seemed totally unnecessary. In fact, I found her character fairly annoying.

Yeah, that was a terrible attempt at trying to give her character depth. It just felt like a random and incomplete storyline.

7 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Do we ever find out what happened to the black cop and his pregnant wife (and some other woman)?  I think I'm about half way through and that scene happened a few episodes back.   The only mention I recall was him taking leave to be with his pregnant wife.  

tenor.gif

I don’t remember the episode but Millie and her boss mentioned the murders of the Florida detective and his family in relation to the Nazi plot and I think she tells Jonah and Murray about it when she starts working with them.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, fhetw said:

Sounds like 5 seasons have been planned by the creator, but they haven't been renewed for season 2 yet.

The group that runs Auschwitz came out pretty strongly against it, particularly around the idea that the creators made up atrocities at the camps (e.g. the chess game).  There is not a ton of goodwill with the show either.  It wanted to be silly violent like The Boys at times (the opening scene), then tried to be very serious  (see the Simon Wiesenthal scene and a lot of the flashbacks to Auschwitz).  I don't think it can be both.  

It was entertaining enough.  But they also still need to explain the age of the lead vis a vis his grandparents. 

Spoiler

I am sure that they are going to try to get some big star like Alan Arkin to play his real grandfather (he's really alive!) after the reveal at the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 11:30 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

I am starting ep 10 now.  The show is a mess.  
And the age of Jonah makes no sense.  If he is 19 in 1977, he was born no later than 1958.  Which means his mom, presumably born after the war, was 13 when she had him?   How does that get out of the writer’s room?  

finished the season (watched the first Ep back in Feb and something seemed off) didnt start watching again until this weekend, but again something was telling me things didnt add up. I wasnt able to figure out what was wrong until i started doing the same math you did and it gets ugly. 

the age issue is even worse when you think about it. The absolute earliest his mother could have been born assuming Meyer and Ruth bumped uglies the moment they were liberated would be  Jan 1946.   and as you pointed out the absolute latest date for him to be 19 in July of 1977 would mean he was born in May/June of 1958.  making his mother 12.5  years old when she had him, which if you consider the 40 week gestation period, takes you to an even younger age for her to be when pregnant.....   plus the story tells us she bled out at his death... i guess thats the only thing that makes some sense if she was that young.  But christ, the story is dark enough already, now you have me doing the math of how a kid is 19 years old in 1977 yet his mother was born in 1946....    barf. 

complete and total fuckup by the writers there.  It like they somehow added a decade to the storyline in their brains and completely overlooked basic math