Texas vs Cooler Than A Cal Bear's Toenails

Goo Punch

I actually liked the player rotation last night. Except Ramey was shit and counter productive, needs to have way less minutes.  The hustle and effort by most of the rest of the squad was pretty high despite the second half offensive drought.  Hoyas brought the tough D 2nd half and their center made a yuge difference then as well despite limited minutes due to foul trouble.

The tall freshman wing for Texas, 22 I think, shows a lot of potential if he can get his feet under him and play slightly more under control from the wing.  He could be really good(can't teach that length).

Lots of players to rotate that can contribute and grow as the season wears on.  

That first half was actually enjoyable to watch.

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The score shouldn't be this close. 

It shouldn’t be but we waisted several possessions standing around. When the announcers, who can’t even figure out Coleman’s first, start talking about it you should probably adjust.

8 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Texas hasn't shot a single free throw in 2 of the last 3 halves of basketball.  Texas has 10 total free throws in the last 3 halves of basketball.

As I said last night--we won't shoot many free throws if the majority of our offense is 3-point shooting. 

If you want to go to the FT, drive the damn ball to the basket. 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

As I said last night--we won't shoot many free throws if the majority of our offense is 3-point shooting. 

If you want to go to the FT, drive the damn ball to the basket. 

That FACT seems to have escaped the understanding of a few posters who sought to blame the officiating for last night’s loss. Being out-rebounded while shooting a cool 37% might be a greater factor. 

• Like 2

Positives: effort on the defensive end, taking much better care of the ball, lots of assists, more than half of our attempts aren't from deep, Febres actually hitting his looks, and rebounds about even (hey, for us, that's a positive).

Negatives: still too many threes attempted, not driving to the hoop, not getting to the charity stripe, no semblance of an offensive scheme, and suddenly (already) a very short bench (only three subs used so far).

The short bench kills us every year. Shaka starts out playing everyone but quickly whittles it to two or three primary subs and everyone else collects dust on the pine.

Oh, and I left out the biggest positive: a win.

• Like 2