Texas vs Cooler Than A Cal Bear's Toenails

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Positives: effort on the defensive end, taking much better care of the ball, lots of assists, more than half of our attempts aren't from deep, Febres actually hitting his looks, and rebounds about even (hey, for us, that's a positive).

Negatives: still too many threes attempted, not driving to the hoop, not getting to the charity stripe, no semblance of an offensive scheme, and suddenly (already) a very short bench (only three subs used so far).

The short bench kills us every year. Shaka starts out playing everyone but quickly whittles it to two or three primary subs and everyone else collects dust on the pine.

Oh, and I left out the biggest positive: a win.

I think not getting humiliated by Duke is the biggest positive.

• Like 5

Our offensive movement is so pointless. We set shitty screens, guys cutting from the baseline are just doing it robotically, not even looking for the ball and our offense goes completely flat if one of our guards isn’t having a great night because we rely on them to make everything happen. Our offensive system never gets guys open or puts any stress on the defense whatsoever. Been that way for four fucking years. 

Tl;dr shaka sucks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Our offensive movement is so pointless. We set shitty screens, guys cutting from the baseline are just doing it robotically, not even looking for the ball and our offense goes completely flat if one of our guards isn’t having a great night because we rely on them to make everything happen. Our offensive system never gets guys open or puts any stress on the defense whatsoever. Been that way for four fucking years. 

Tl;dr shaka sucks.

Agree... has to improve, but Ramey and AJ are poorly developed as drive and penetrate guards and take too many poor shots.

Febres is too inconsistent shooting, and a terrible defender.  Hope some of the younger guys keep developing because there is some raw talent there...

Edited by LTtxfan

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Tl;dr shaka sucks.

This. 

We blew out a shitty team we were supposed to blow out.  That win tells us nothing about this team other than we are still on pace to go 19-12--if that. 

16 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

he's the latest Jordan Barnett/James Banks. 

Seems like would have been a good game for him to get some minutes and don’t get why he didn’t.  He’ was recruited for his offensive skills which we need badly.

Edited by Horn80

13 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Seems like would have been a good game for him to get some minutes and don’t get why he didn’t.  He’ was recruited for his offensive skills which we need badly.

I'm afraid that with Yaklich's new emphasis on being able to guard your man with absolutely no expectation of help side defense Hepa is getting lost in the shuffle. 

17 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm afraid that with Yaklich's new emphasis on being able to guard your man with absolutely no expectation of help side defense Hepa is getting lost in the shuffle. 

If not now, then when?   Zero minutes this game ?  Give me a fucking break.

Edited by Horn80

I purposely didn't watch in hopes it would guide our team to a win. We won, so hell yeah! Now let's hope Dook doesn't do unholy things to this team. I don't expect a win, but I'd like to see us keep it respectable. 

Edit: just checked and apparently I went full Spider. We don't play Dook, do we since we lost to Georgetown? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana