let's have a big, paranoid, malignant round of applause...

TwiceHorn

If you leave, it’s just Barry and me in a room and I’m trying to explain what the hell it is I do around here.  

That movie has effected my professional life very profoundly.  Although I am considerably less attractive than George Clooney.  

29 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

And Kent from Real Genius plays a hit man.

the whole sequence when they kill arthur is one of the more disturbing murder scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie.  something about it was so damn unsettling.  arthur’s face when they’re carrying him into the apartment. 

found it

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1

wouldn't the taser have left a mark on his chest through that high quality cashmere sweater?  I mean, my people tell me that's not a great opening salvo because if you do that first, the victim would be shocked and shake a bit and leave a bit of a "burn mark" that the police would see.  On the average dipshit, they wouldn't look.  But a high profile victim like that living in a place like that, they're gonna assume murder before overdose (or at least overdose by bills, not needles).  So they're gonna check for that, that's a giveaway.  Nobody tases themselves before OD'ing on pills or shots or lines.  Like I said, this movie influenced my career tract.  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

the whole sequence when they kill arthur is one of the more disturbing murder scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie.  something about it was so damn unsettling.  arthur’s face when they’re carrying him into the apartment. 

found it

I don't think a taser/prod would leave a mark through clothes, if at all.  What did they put in his mouth right after?

I look up and Marty's standing in my office with a bottle of champagne - he tells me we just hit thirty thousand billable hours on U-North and he wants to celebrate. An hour later, I'm in a whorehouse in Chelsea and two Lithuanian redheads are taking turns sucking on my cock. I'm laying there, I'm trying not to come, I'm trying to make it last, right? So I start doing the math - thirty thousand hours, what is that? Twenty-four times thirty - seven hundred twenty hours in a month, eight thousand seven hundred and sixty hours per year...

Arthur...

Wait! Because it's YEARS! It's lives! And the numbers are making me dizzy, and now I'm not just trying not to come, I'm trying not to THINK! But I can't stop. Is that me? Am I just some freak organism that's been put here to eat and sleep and spend my days defending this one horrific chain of carcinogenic molecules? Is this my place?

Tom Wilkinson was genius in that movie.

• Like 1

I... I... I realized Michael, that I had emerged not from the doors of Kenner, Bach, and Ledeen, not through the portals of our vast and powerful law firm, but from the asshole of an organism whose sole function is to excrete the... the... the poison, the ammo, the defoliant necessary for other, larger, more powerful organisms to destroy the miracle of humanity. And that I had been coated in this patina of shit for the best part of my life. 

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

I look up and Marty's standing in my office with a bottle of champagne - he tells me we just hit thirty thousand billable hours on U-North and he wants to celebrate. An hour later, I'm in a whorehouse in Chelsea and two Lithuanian redheads are taking turns sucking on my cock. I'm laying there, I'm trying not to come, I'm trying to make it last, right? So I start doing the math - thirty thousand hours, what is that? Twenty-four times thirty - seven hundred twenty hours in a month, eight thousand seven hundred and sixty hours per year...

Arthur...

Wait! Because it's YEARS! It's lives! And the numbers are making me dizzy, and now I'm not just trying not to come, I'm trying not to THINK! But I can't stop. Is that me? Am I just some freak organism that's been put here to eat and sleep and spend my days defending this one horrific chain of carcinogenic molecules? Is this my place?

Tom Wilkinson was genius in that movie.

He was indeed.  He remains one of my favorite actors, but it took Michael Clayton to make me realize it.

And you left off one of the better parts.

Is that it, Michael? Is that my grail? Two Lithuanian mouths on my cock? Is that the correct answer to the multiple choice of me?

So much great dialog.  And the business of law is so well depicted, although a few of the legal scenes fall really flat (the deposition where Anna's lawyer is doing the talking sitting next to her and "jurisdictional relevance" among others).

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He remains one of my favorite actors, but it took Michael Clayton to make me realize it.

I became a huge fan of Wilkinson when I saw In The Bedroom back in 2001. 

He was also really great as James Baker in the HBO movie Recount about the Bush v. Gore election battle in Florida.

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He was indeed.  He remains one of my favorite actors, but it took Michael Clayton to make me realize it.

And you left off one of the better parts.

So much great dialog.  And the business of law is so well depicted, although a few of the legal scenes fall really flat (the deposition where Anna's lawyer is doing the talking sitting next to her and "jurisdictional relevance" among others).

The actual depiction of litigation tactics is dumb but the overall theme and the business of litigation is spot on. Its actually kind of weird how right the movie is on that then messes up the small things for no good reason. Overall it really doesn’t matter though. Great movie.