Affordable Watches

GottaB

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 7:28 PM, GottaB said:

Arrived today. Its a good feeling watch. I like it. I would buy again. I did like the fact that the bracelet has screws for link adjustment and they included the screwdriver needed. I’m still pissed I have ditched OEM bracelets on my Seiko Monster as the pin came out of the collar at the worst time more than once.
a1095bc7610184b448684f90e750f37a.jpg
1b389e2e6a2f67a20a5a7ccaa6fa2205.jpg
83f21d444fe9f256c7ba426c510fc082.jpg

I like the looks except for the back. Just guessing all those groves and stuff will catch a lot of dirt and sweat

Posted (edited)

I received an email from AnOrdain this week for a show in Atlanta.  My email said the event was free entrance, but I had to RSVP.  If you get email from AnOrdain, you want to check it if you are in the area.  If it were in the HTX, I'd figure out a way to go. I find the Arcanaut brand is piquing my interest.  Here's the link.

Atlanta — Intersect (intersectwatchshow.com)

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Like 1

I received an email from AnOrdain this week for a show in Atlanta.  My email said the event was free entrance, but I had to RSVP.  If you get email from AnOrdain, you want to check it if you are in the area.  If it were in the HTX, I'd figure out a way to go. I find the Arcanaut brand is piquing my interest.  Here's the link.
Atlanta — Intersect (intersectwatchshow.com)
I'll be at the Atlanta show and I'm going to talk with them about having a show in Houston in the future. Several great independent brands at the Atlanta show including anOrdain, Arcanaut, Vortic, and Fears. Great microbrands as well. The Dallas show last year was good but only microbrands. I know the guy who runs the Atlanta Watch Society and he really busts his ass for that group.

I didn't have a Vortic, but I want one. Not inexpensive though. Here's the other three though.

2024_0310_00090400.jpg2024_0225_08344000.jpg2024_0208_15361400 (1).jpg

Finally got my watch back from the manufacturer who centered the bezel for me after two watch repair shops refused. Looking much better.

4e097f1b4408efcb2160494d5d116d05.jpg

Couldn’t resist. Really like the look of this watch and had to order one for myself. Should be here in 4-8 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I know almost nothing about watches, so I need some help.  I'm looking for a replacement for this watch, which has been my go-to for out door activities / farm work the last several years.

TimexWatch.thumb.webp.d15dd5745658b46823e91d799258c46f.webp

Of late it's been very unreliable despite a battery replacement, and I'm heading to Africa in a few months and I need something damned dependable.

I don't want to spend a fortune since the watch will be for outdoor use, travel, and it's Africa.

What I'm looking for:

-Analog as I find that beneficial for tracking time and general sense of time

-Colors in earth tones, drab, etc - I like that look

-Need a divers bezel; I use it all the time

-I greatly prefer something that can be backlit so that my sucky old-ass eyes can see the time in the dark (e.g. Indiglo or Illuminator)

-Prefer to avoid shiny metal bezel, case, strap

-Water resistance a must for rain and slight immersion - I'm not diving with it.

I've perused Timex and Casio websites.  There's a lot of love for G-Shock in this space, but those don't seem to employ divers bezels.  I feel like I'm missing other brands, and perhaps y'all can point me in the right direction.  

TIA.

I was critical of Jack Mason before. They were basically a mall brand. But they have recently been really working to reform the company. A few people I know have been very impressed with the Strat-O-Timer GMT and I was able to check that out along with the new Ellum last weekend. While neither is for me for different reasons, they are impressive. The linen dial on the Ellum is excellent.

Credit where credit is due.

Screenshot_20240328_193431_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20240328_193513_Firefox.jpg

10 hours ago, solamente73 said:

I know almost nothing about watches, so I need some help.  I'm looking for a replacement for this watch, which has been my go-to for out door activities / farm work the last several years.

TimexWatch.thumb.webp.d15dd5745658b46823e91d799258c46f.webp

Of late it's been very unreliable despite a battery replacement, and I'm heading to Africa in a few months and I need something damned dependable.

I don't want to spend a fortune since the watch will be for outdoor use, travel, and it's Africa.

What I'm looking for:

-Analog as I find that beneficial for tracking time and general sense of time

-Colors in earth tones, drab, etc - I like that look

-Need a divers bezel; I use it all the time

-I greatly prefer something that can be backlit so that my sucky old-ass eyes can see the time in the dark (e.g. Indiglo or Illuminator)

-Prefer to avoid shiny metal bezel, case, strap

-Water resistance a must for rain and slight immersion - I'm not diving with it.

I've perused Timex and Casio websites.  There's a lot of love for G-Shock in this space, but those don't seem to employ divers bezels.  I feel like I'm missing other brands, and perhaps y'all can point me in the right direction.  

TIA.

Recommend the Luminox Navy Seal. Analog quartz, black with durable Carbonox bezel and case, Tritium hands and markers so it's always illuminated, 100m of water resistance (200m on the pricier models), and unidirectional rotating diver's bezel. Comes in different variants and prices (the one below is $230 and change on Amazon). Only thing is they're usually black.

711cLX+LomL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1