A Quiet Place - Krasinski & Blunt

Shenanigans

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Hmmm a friend, albeit a girl, said it wasn't that good and had too many holes in story. I was intrigued after watching the trailers, then on the fence after talking to her, now falling off of the fence after reading this thread. What to do?

RdBnytj.gif

I thought it was great. Yes there are a few plot holes here and there but I believe that can be said about almost all movies these days. Runs a very lean and tense 90 minutes. Watching a move that quiet in long stretches is also a very unique theatrical experience.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:39 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Great for a directorial debut but a little overrated. Still enjoyed it bigly

Alien looks great. Movie should have been R instead of PG 13

You think? (Regarding the R rating) It's definitely intense, but no sex, violence, or really any gore. My 10-yo is dying to see it and I think he could handle it.

This movie was what Signs wanted to be. The acting was really outstanding, and I think we can expect lots of greatness from John Krasinski as a director.

1 hour ago, austingirl said:

You think? (Regarding the R rating) It's definitely intense, but no sex, violence, or really any gore. My 10-yo is dying to see it and I think he could handle it.

This movie was what Signs wanted to be. The acting was really outstanding, and I think we can expect lots of greatness from John Krasinski as a director.

Agree with everything here. It's quite possibly the most tension I've had sitting through a movie since Saving Private Ryan, even more so. Really enjoyed it. Don't know if I would call it great. Will like to see it at home and see if it still holds up.

2 hours ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

Reveal hidden contents

Enjoyed it. Deaf daughter really knew her way around the equipment in the basement she was forbidden to enter.

So why was she forbidden from entering the basement? Maybe I missed it, but there didn't seem to be a clear reason.

On 4/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, MissingInAction said:

The dicknose to my left was constantly digging in a sandwich bag for jerky. 

Fat Albert came into the movie five minutes after it started, reclined his seat, and was asleep snoring ten minutes later.  Fortunately being the first show of the day, there were plenty of seats available which we took advantage of.  Damn good flick.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, zman13 said:

Hide contents

So why was she forbidden from entering the basement? Maybe I missed it, but there didn't seem to be a clear reason.

Spoiler

I guess it was because he was working with a ton of frequencies for her hearing aid and didn't want it to hurt her or mess anything up.

My 10-yo loved it. The worst part for him was

Spoiler

When she steps on the nail and then pulls her foot off of it.

saw it last night.  I did find it very entertaining and enjoyed the characters.  and emily blunt is so fucking hot even while toting a kid around in her belly.  but

Spoiler

anyone else get frustrated by how decimated the world was due to these things?  it seems like you could set up an alarm clock to go off next to a pile of C4 in a field.  you sit in a bird’s nest 100 yards away and trigger the thing to explode via remote control whenever those fuckers run up.  or any number of ways other than that.  they weren’t without weaknesses and yet they somehow destroyed civilization.  I mean they were blind for fuck’s sake.

and who kept the power plants operational?

On 4/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, MissingInAction said:

The dicknose to my left was constantly digging in a sandwich bag for jerky. 

Not a quiet place...

Maybe it had a hole in the bottom.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:36 AM, Matt In The Hat said:

Saw it last night. I left with more popcorn than I ever had at a movie. I was too afraid of making noise chewing it. 

I will never pass up movie theater popcorn... Good movie, will be interested if there are plans for a sequel...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 10:43 PM, futureman said:

saw it last night.  I did find it very entertaining and enjoyed the characters.  and emily blunt is so fucking hot even while toting a kid around in her belly.  but

Reveal hidden contents

anyone else get frustrated by how decimated the world was due to these things?  it seems like you could set up an alarm clock to go off next to a pile of C4 in a field.  you sit in a bird’s nest 100 yards away and trigger the thing to explode via remote control whenever those fuckers run up.  or any number of ways other than that.  they weren’t without weaknesses and yet they somehow destroyed civilization.  I mean they were blind for fuck’s sake.

and who kept the power plants operational?

Spoiler

im an engineer and i can rig up home-made hearing implants , but wiring a distant loudspeaker is too difficult so our failsafe plan to create an auditory distraction is literally to set off fireworks that has to be lit by hand........... 

Liked it. Kudos to Krasinski for producing/directing. Dude's career is hot.

Holes, yes, but what movie can't be second guessed? I'm still waiting for the giant grub worms from that Rock movie I  just saw.

I yearn for a monster that doesn't make me think I'm watching Alien again.

Saw it in a very small theatre.  It was dead quiet the whole time.  Didnt necessarily make the experience better, because I couldnt help but chuckle at the outlandishness of the thing...

Spoiler

Hey, by this river we can talk all we like, and next to this waterfall we can literally scream at each other.  But let's take refuge inside a house where we have to be careful of walking on the floorboards, and prepared to stuff Baby in coffin with a ventilator mask

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched it. Good not great movie. Unique though.

Spoiler: The family should be ashamed of themselves for not coming up with better emergency distraction sounds out in the fields. And they could be killed by guns? And the idea of having a baby in those circumstances is plain regarded.

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Baby was probably an accident. Hard to get a morning after pill during the apocalypse. 

Good point, but isn't a pull-out/belly shot much quieter than an internal nut?  Haven't seen it, but I'm assuming the conception comes after the initial "wave of sonar aliens"?