A Quiet Place - Krasinski & Blunt

Shenanigans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Watched it on prime this weekend and enjoyed it.  But of course, I have to be that guy and ask about a few giant plot holes that did annoy me as I was watching.

Spoiler

Corn is not a perennial so who the hell was silently planting that giant corn field?

If you can freely talk under a waterfall due to the ambient noise, seems the obvious choice is to have white noise all around your compound.  At the very least, when the monsters show up I'd have a rock concert scheduled for them and bug the hell out in the confusion. 

Seems these guys would be fairly easy to lead into a trap.  Yes, they did say they have armor that withstands bullets, but what's protecting them from fire or the concussive effects of a huge blast?  Rig a space shuttle toy to a shitload of C4 or a container of gasoline and detonate it remotely.  Note that the newspaper headlines intimate that they arrived on meteors so maybe they are immune to heat and impact, but that is stretching the laws of physics a bit far.

On a side note, most movies I watch in this genre, I figure I'd have a good chance if I make it through the first wave and understand the new rules.  Not this one.  They'd have my snoring ass within a week. 

Just now, Not a cat said:

Watched it on prime this weekend and enjoyed it.  But of course, I have to be that guy and ask about a few giant plot holes that did annoy me as I was watching.

Reveal hidden contents

Corn is not a perennial so who the hell was silently planting that giant corn field?

If you can freely talk under a waterfall due to the ambient noise, seems the obvious choice is to have white noise all around your compound.  At the very least, when the monsters show up I'd have a rock concert scheduled for them and bug the hell out in the confusion. 

Seems these guys would be fairly easy to lead into a trap.  Yes, they did say they have armor that withstands bullets, but what's protecting them from fire or the concussive effects of a huge blast?  Rig a space shuttle toy to a shitload of C4 or a container of gasoline and detonate it remotely.  Note that the newspaper headlines intimate that they arrived on meteors so maybe they are immune to heat and impact, but that is stretching the laws of physics a bit far.

On a side note, most movies I watch in this genre, I figure I'd have a good chance if I make it through the first wave and understand the new rules.  Not this one.  They'd have my snoring ass within a week. 

i'll answer your question:  its a stupid shit movie

hadn't seen it until this past weekend because we've got a newborn and I needed a silent movie to enjoy next to her in the nuna.  

I liked it.  Wasn't as gripping as many called it, but well done and enjoyable.  Took me watching the movie to finally realize the meaning of the title.  It's how the Aliens refer to our planet to their friends..."We found this 'Quiet Place', you'd like it there..."