Longhorns @ Rapists - FS1/Surly Discord 2:30 Central

Surly Bevo

So now that I'm slightly more sober, I wanted to ask-- what happened on those two personal fouls/unsportsmanlike and fake ejection?  If the TV showed it, I must have missed it.  Which isn't surprising, you know, 'cause all of the booze.  And the crying.  Which may or may not have been coming from me...

So what was the initial personal foul, and then the unsporsmanlike on Braun that resulted in the fake ejection? 

And why would the official ask for a player to be taken out for a play?  I'm not sure I've ever heard of that, and not sure I've ever seen a rule in the rule book that would support it?  That was all so strange...

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

OU sucks, but they will beat you by 28 in the Big 12 Championship.  Then you will lose the Sugar Bowl in humiliating fashion.  Then Rhule will take an NFL job and you’ll hire Chad Morris or something and slip back to nothingness.  And you’ll continue to pretend the awful rape scandal was made up to make yourself feel better about your supposed Bible college being a cesspool of human scum and villainy.

Other than that, the future is bright in Waco.  

They have Chili's now!!! Chili's!!!

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey @gmr548

You sticking with your opinion that all of current Texas football staff is returning??

giphy.gif

I don't say that because I think it's the right move or because I want it to happen or whatever. Herman has made it painfully obvious - he will not adjust. He will not change. Even when it becomes obvious that opponents have him completely figured out.

He will make every excuse under the sun before blaming the coaching staff, because in some sense that is blaming himself and admitting he did something wrong. I have a hard time believing that happens. The offense is a group of his hand picked guys. The defense has the excuse of injuries and youth, which will likely be validated in his mind with somewhat better performances the past two weeks.

I will say that as the wheels have come 100 percent off, CDC looks to have no choice but to force changes if Herman won't make them. So, I guess, short answer is that I don't thin anything will come from Herman. We'll see how much the AD wants to get involved.

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

So now that I'm slightly more sober, I wanted to ask-- what happened on those two personal fouls/unsportsmanlike and fake ejection?  If the TV showed it, I must have missed it.  Which isn't surprising, you know, 'cause all of the booze.  And the crying.  Which may or may not have been coming from me...

So what was the initial personal foul, and then the unsporsmanlike on Braun that resulted in the fake ejection? 

And why would the official ask for a player to be taken out for a play?  I'm not sure I've ever heard of that, and not sure I've ever seen a rule in the rule book that would support it?  That was all so strange...

They did not show any of the fouls in replay.  Maybe the first one was visible in the live feed but I was way too bummed out at that point to rewind.  I mean 2 unsportsmanlike on the same fucking play you'd think that would be of some interest to the viewer right?  And then another like the very next play?  Or two plays whatever it was.

I read that the first flag was Shack laying on a dude too long.  Also read the Baylor player took a swing at him after that.  Braun was yelling at the ref about that, presumably, and MFed him or something along those lines.  Last one was Kerstetter?  No idea what he did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hozz said:

They did not show any of the fouls in replay.  Maybe the first one was visible in the live feed but I was way too bummed out at that point to rewind.  I mean 2 unsportsmanlike on the same fucking play you'd think that would be of some interest to the viewer right?  And then another like the very next play?  Or two plays whatever it was.

I read that the first flag was Shack laying on a dude too long.  Also read the Baylor player took a swing at him after that.  Braun was yelling at the ref about that, presumably, and MFed him or something along those lines.  Last one was Kerstetter?  No idea what he did.

Thanks.  That's all I saw too, and it seemed really odd to me that, with 3 PF/Unsportmanlike in a row, the TV didn't replay any of them.  I thought I'd just missed it.  Sure seems like something they'd replay a few times under normal circumstances.