Cloud storage

So I had a laptop stolen. A cheap ass HP laptop. Most of the content was backed up. I hadn't done a backup in a couple months....so I lost anything that was not recently backed up to other drives. A couple months worth of family pictures and videos, some diary entries, a few random funny pictures, etc.

I have another laptop, and a couple external drives. But I would like to know where I can store, upload, download, and manage several up to several terabytes worth of files.

Oh one other thing. My crappy hp laptop is password protected. How likely is it for something to hack through that?

Several terabytes might be expensive. I like and use google drive and you can get 2 TB for about $8 a month. But I just kind of defaulted to google, I've never shopped around on what else is out there. 

I would however recommend paying more for a more reputable provider. Not the type of thing you want to discount shop for. 

You could also just buy some 1 TB HDDs and get something like this https://www.newegg.com/vantec-nst-d428s3-bk-dock/p/N82E16817392099?item=N82E16817392099&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-external+enclosure-_-N82E16817392099&gclid=CjwKCAiAzuPuBRAIEiwAkkmOSFNSwlAyaduWXuU1lCj1n8v6qIvrQzuhQW3DoLPfgkn2qWn1305OkRoC0_0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Less convenient but cheaper and much more secure. 

Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc aren't really marketed towards personal backups. What you're seeking is something like Backblaze or Carbonite. Just checked Backblaze and it's $60/year for unlimited storage.

As far as someone hacking into your laptop, I'd think it's very unlikely unless you were targeted specifically. If this was a typical crime of opportunity, like you left it sitting in a coffee shop and someone snatched it, that kind of thief doesn't have the time or knowhow to break in, nor do they probably give a shit to try.