How? How has it come to this?

NTVTXN

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

This. Oh, and don't forget we prioritize doing things with "class" so we never lose -- we always win the moral superiority contest vs. errbody.

This right here all the fucjing pussies who are against urban because their noses are up like they are too good for anything. Fuck them too this is the shit you get when you want to take the moral high ground 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Did we make a deal with the devil himself to go undefeated and win the ‘05 Ship?

I know I did that night, about 10 minutes before kickoff.

Swore I’d never, ever, bitch again, even if Texas, Cowboys, or Stars never won shit for the rest of my life.

Looks like my “prayer” was answered.....and I’m a man of my word.

It was worth it  \,,/

• Like 1

Just now, Rhinotx said:

I hear this said but never understood it. Winning programs sell more merchandise and get better deals. Not disagreeing just wanting to understand. 

Best comparison I can make is the Cowboys. Living off historical success. Just enough recent “success” to keep hope alive. Large fan base that buys lots and lots of merchandise. It’s a vicious cycle. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

I hear this said but never understood it. Winning programs sell more merchandise and get better deals. Not disagreeing just wanting to understand. 

Prioritizing $ = bringing Herman back because you won’t pay his buyout.

prioritizing winning = Herman is shitcanned and Urban is the new coach in 2020.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, former alkie said:

I know I did that night, about 10 minutes before kickoff.

Swore I’d never, ever, bitch again, even if Texas, Cowboys, or Stars never won shit for the rest of my life.

Looks like my “prayer” was answered.....and I’m a man of my word.

It was worth it  \,,/

Brother?

2 minutes ago, BradWilcox said:

Why do posters want to claim they're drunk we everyone here knows they aren't? If you were truthfully drunk you wouldn't be on the internet. 

Dumbfuck.

I was def drunk and not on the internet during the MNC in 2006.  Matter of fact, my wife had to talk me out of running down the street nude after the game.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

how much do they cost for a lifetime....

asking for a friend of course. 

We became empty nesters in July. Both kids are now in college. We replaced the 3 upstairs bedrooms with her sister, my 18 year old nephew and my 7 year old niece who all immigrated from Russia last month. This, of course, is “temporary”.

if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BradWilcox said:

Are you asking if Longhorn fans are stupid? I'll wait while you give that question lots of thought and once you figure it out get back to me with the result of your long thinking effort.

I think he was asking if you were stupid.  I'm pretty sure you don't need to answer for us to know.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This right here all the fucjing pussies who are against urban because their noses are up like they are too good for anything. Fuck them too this is the shit you get when you want to take the moral high ground 

There obviously is something to this.    All I could think of watching that game was how in the fuck no one was saying anything about how Baylor ended up at 1-11.   The announcers were all about how they had battled back from adversity and should be commended for doing so.  Not a single mention of the lenient treatment that institution got.  The real story here is that you can obviously get away with murder (Bliss) and rape and no one cares. 

Cheating in recruiting negative recruiting, scheduling patsies, allowing or aiding improprieties, nothing matters.   Not just football, but other sports as well.  KU and their basketball mess for example.

The NCAA is toothless and everyone knows it.   I don't like the idea of bending/breaking rules, but if no one else is going to be punished then why do we enter this gunfight with a knife?

But then, even if we did cheat ALOT, it wouldn't overcome the horrendous coaching we have endured for over a decade now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, Quagmire said:
Ship? Very gay.

THIS. That's very aggy. OP probably says natty as well.

Ok, forgive me “National Championship “. Is that better? For the love of Pete/ I have shit to do. Ship, Natty, The whole enchilada- whatever. 

At any rate, I’m not saying I’d trade the win.  I was there. I was in the USC Booster section (former boss was a big USC donor) / I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything.  I just want them to get their shit together. I’m just baffled at how the Leadership of what is a TOP University has seemingly screwed up 2 of the 3 major sports SO badly.  
Perhaps it’s what a lot of y’all have said, $$ over success/wins. 
Just very frustrating and hard to watch - and I yes, I know I’m not alone.

I

32 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

We became empty nesters in July. Both kids are now in college. We replaced the 3 upstairs bedrooms with her sister, my 18 year old nephew and my 7 year old niece who all immigrated from Russia last month. This, of course, is “temporary”.

if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

I mean the vodka bill alone...

38 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

And holy cow I was casually laughing at my Vol alum wife 2 months ago.  That is some quick karma.

This. Someone said it, on I think the “Fire Herman” thread...we’re quickly become Tennessee ...irrelevant....

• Like 1