KState @ Texas Tech

NowThis

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

He dropped it when he hit the ground.  You have to maintain possession.

when you cross the plane it's a TD... unless it isn't.

LOlz.  This fucking crew.

If Tech doesn't make the stop on the subsequent drive, it's a moot point, anyhoo.

Go fucking score, Raiders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doze said:

I guess you guys have never watched college football, you have to control the ball all the way thru the touchdown.  I don't like the rule, but that's way it's been for a few years.

100% incomplete as per the rules.

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

when you cross the plane it's a TD... unless it isn't.

LOlz.  This fucking crew.

If Tech doesn't make the stop on the subsequent drive, it's a moot point, anyhoo.

Go fucking score, Raiders.

I think Iceman has it right.  When the ball breaks the plane -- the front edge of the white line -- it's a TD.  What happens afterward doesn't matter.  

14 minutes ago, Doze said:

I guess you guys have never watched college football, you have to control the ball all the way thru the touchdown.  I don't like the rule, but that's way it's been for a few years.

100% incomplete as per the rules.

He has control. He was in bounds. He crossed the plane of the goal line after controlling the ball. Ball didn’t pop out until AFTER he hit th ground out of bounds. Which was well after he had control and crosses the plane of the goal line. That was a catch and a TD. 

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

He has control. He was in bounds. He crossed the plain. Ball didn’t pop out until AFTER he hit ground out of bounds. Which was well after he had control and crosses the plane of the goal line. That was a catch and a TD. 

He did not have control all the way thru the catch.  You have to control the ball even if you land out of bounds and the ball pops out..  It seems like a BS rule, but it most definetly is the rule and not a catch.  The commentators are idiots for not knowing this.

giphy.gif

Edited by Doze
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doze said:

He did not have control all the way thru the catch.  You have to control the ball even if you land out of bounds and the ball pops out..  It seems like a BS rule, but it most definetly is the rule and not a catch.  The commentators are idiots for not knowing this.

giphy.gif

Not if you have already established control and crossed the plane. Which he did. He didn’t lose the ball until after he hit the ground out of bounds well after. He has control and made a football move and crosses the plane. 

Edited by Uncle Nate

2 hours ago, Doze said:

giphy.gif

It's not the rule. 

Did he go to the ground to make the catch? Or did he go to the ground because of contact with the defender?

The catch was made standing up.

Touchdown.

The maintaining control all the way to the ground rule was mis-applied.