Soo. Do you enjoy football when Texas sucks

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

I pretty much have to have a rooting interest to have more than a passing interest in watching any sport.

When we're winning, I can generate rooting interests in other games.  When we're irrelevant, I can't and DGAF.

I will probably watch the playoff games and root against the OU and Alabamas of the world.  Guess it won't be long before I hate Clempson too.

• Like 2

I pretty much have to have a rooting interest to have more than a passing interest in watching any sport.
When we're winning, I can generate rooting interests in other games.  When we're irrelevant, I can't and DGAF.
I will probably watch the playoff games and root against the OU and Alabamas of the world.  Guess it won't be long before I hate Clempson too.

Pretty much where I am. Just can’t give a fuck to watch other teams have success when we aren’t relevant. All it does is piss me off about our shitty program. Seasons like this have me watching very little college football.

I am more of a baseball fan really. If my teams are garbage, well it is garbage football I am watching. I very rarely will sit down and watch a few other games if we suck. If we are great and there are some games of interest that might impact us I might watch them, but that hasn't happened much at all recently.

The only game a year I typically watch all the way through that does not involve the Redskins or Longhorns is the Super Bowl.

Edited by Valmy77

ever since i started watching soccer i havent been able to watch a full football/basketball/baseball game.........its the only sport u dont have to be invested in to enjoy...........the no ad breaks & continuous play make going back to try & watch american football boring.......cant wait for austin fc

Edited by smakashart
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Lulz.  We've sucked for 10 years now. Do we have any other choice but to try and enjoy really good football played by other teams.

Jesus.

Do what I did: get a masters degree or two. 

As of today my teams are a collective 14-18.  Texas is the best of the three. Let that sink in.

16 minutes ago, smakashart said:

ever since i started watching soccer i havent been able to watch a full football/basketball/baseball game.........its the only sport u dont have to be invested in to enjoy...........the no ad breaks & continuous play make going back to try & watch american football boring.......cant wait for austin fc

Did I mention I'm an Arsenal fan?

Edited by Bullneck

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

I went for a bike ride with the kids during the game in the first quarter. I’ll watch, but I am not missing a nerf battle to watch 4 hours of bullshit officiating and coaching that is subpar to Friday night tykes.

Yup

Big12 is unwatchable dogshit, especially bad when Texas is bad.

I've been loving watching Florida this year even though it's frustrating with the QB and injury situation.

I enjoy CFB but it would be a lot more enjoyable if the team I cared for was relevant. We have been irrelevant for a decade. Hopefully the 2020's are better but we'll see...I'm starting to fear that belmont doesn't care about wins/losses in football anymore

Edited by perfectchaos007

I watched all of Garrett Gilbert's games last Spring. Of course I love football, even when Texas sucks.

My favorite childhood memories are of playing Pop Warner games on Wednesday, watching junior high games on Thursday, high school on Friday, A&I on Saturday, and the Oilers on Sunday. I'd usually have to turn off Monday Night Football at halftime, but if the Oilers were playing, I'd stay up for that, too.

soccer is fun to play but it fucking blows to watch. boring as shit. nothing fucking happens. why do you think soccer hoolilgans pound the shit out of each other in the stands? they are bored and pissed off. why do you think thousands if soccer fans stampede and trample each other to death? cause they are enraged sheep forced to watch a fucking abortion of an exhibition put on by flopping wankers and it depresses them and they become suicidal. Ever since Pelé retired soccer players are pathetic.

If I want to watch guys run around in skimpy shorts I watch footy.

45badb1304250931756d2480ed61d4eb.jpg

fuck hermann

Nah, I quit planning weekends around Texas football several years ago when it became crystal clear that we are no longer a prestigious football program. Cocky - Yes. We can’t even land the best players in Texas, never mind future NFL players from around the country that don’t want anything to do with Texas ruining their chances in a total team effort.