Juwan Mitchell

Fondren & Main

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

8 people liked this.

Amazing - a black player speaks their mind and get sent straight to the shit pile by Texas "fans" 

Tom wasn't wrong - some people only support them for 3 hours for 12 Saturdays in the fall and DGAF about them the rest of the week

Meh. Pretty sure it’s because of the specific player, not his race. He’s a repeated, visible malcontent.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xian said:

Lol. Like how they pick the shitty state. Did they forget that Georgia also has a confederate based flag?  Guess $$ is still king 

Georgia changed its flag from the confederate battle design back in 2001. But it still resembles the confederate states flag 

Edited by EuroHorn

27 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Georgia changed its flag from the confederate battle design back in 2001. But it still resembles the confederate states flag 

Yeah the other Confederate Flag. The Stars and Bars. It also resembles our flag a bit too much for my taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Lol. Like how they pick the shitty state. Did they forget that Georgia also has a confederate based flag?  Guess $$ is still king 

The largest city in Mississippi (Jackson) has a population of 170K, the next largest city (Gulfport) is around 70K. They could change the state flag to a portrait of Malcom X  and they still won't be hosting SEC championships in MS. At least not for the sport that anybody gives a shit about.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

8 people liked this.

Amazing - a black player speaks their mind and get sent straight to the shit pile by Texas "fans" 

Tom wasn't wrong - some people only support them for 3 hours for 12 Saturdays in the fall and DGAF about them the rest of the week

You can care about them the same as you care about any other non-celebrity human being. Just because you don’t view them or their opinions as special doesn’t mean you see them as less than a normal person. 

• Like 6

On 6/18/2020 at 7:48 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Hartzell might be a dick but he's been very progressive with changes when it comes to racial issues. 

He got rid of several racially insensitive decorations/statues in the business school, he's the reason they added a diversity and inclusion committee/program in McCombs, and he's been vocal about adding more diversity through immigration programs. 

He's pretty damn progressive when it comes to this stuff. 

Shit, I didn't realize Jay Hartzell is the interim prez.  He's the nicest, most open and accommodating prof I knew at McCombs.  I actually didn't think he had a stern enough personality to be dean, let alone president.  I can't believe someone would call him a dick.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I didn't realize Jay Hartzell is the interim prez.  He's the nicest, most open and accommodating prof I knew at McCombs.  I actually didn't think he had a stern enough personality to be dean, let alone president.  I can't believe someone would call him a dick.

Yeah, based on what I've heard about Hartzell I think the description above is way off base. 

Maybe there are others that can chime in but from what I've heard everyone loved him in the business school. He was also very good at handling this type stuff in the business school but it seems like this is a situation that's going to be hard to control and manage. 

18 hours ago, Apex73 said:

Its definitely not consistent but Ive never had a problem with cracker.  I mean it's kind of hilarious actually.  Then again I think words matter less than almost anything so I don't know why people get so upset about them.

Preach on, peckerwood!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

The largest city in Mississippi (Jackson) has a population of 170K, the next largest city (Gulfport) is around 70K. They could change the state flag to a portrait of Malcom X  and they still won't be hosting SEC championships in MS. At least not for the sport that anybody gives a shit about.  

That was my first thought.  When was the last time an SEC Championship event was held in Mississippi?

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

May 31, 2019 when the first game of the Oxford regional started

Nope. The SEC Championship in baseball is separate from the NCAA playoffs. The SEC championship in baseball  has been hosted in Birmingham AL since 1998. The SEC was basically trying to pretend to give a shit by delivering a threat with no teeth. They already don't host championships in MS. It was pretty obvious what they were doing, so this quickly followed on the heels of the SEC announcement

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/06/18/athletes-ask-ncaa-to-ban-college-baseball-regionals-in-mississippi-until-lawmakers-change-state-flag/?fbclid=IwAR0Lt4MIbnIBpYIcUupEkx9RnOevEkgc60qwrPMibrzrluGFMUaOWSR758c 

Edited by Blotto

15 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I really DGAF about Tom Herman or any whitey associated with any Texas athletic program the rest of the week.

What about us whom are not associated with any Texas athletic program?  You still care about me right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Nope. The SEC Championship in baseball is separate from the NCAA playoffs. The SEC championship in baseball  has been hosted in Birmingham AL since 1998. The SEC was basically trying to pretend to give a shit by delivering a threat with no teeth. They already don't host championships in MS. It was pretty obvious what they were doing, so this quickly followed on the heels of the SEC announcement

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/06/18/athletes-ask-ncaa-to-ban-college-baseball-regionals-in-mississippi-until-lawmakers-change-state-flag/?fbclid=IwAR0Lt4MIbnIBpYIcUupEkx9RnOevEkgc60qwrPMibrzrluGFMUaOWSR758c 

*Hoover

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My bad, but it's kind of a moot point since the NCAA put the same ban in place today.

I don't think it's a moot point.  The SEC announcement is completely meaningless.  It's them pretending they care.  They care about one thing--winning.

If they really cared, they'd say the Mississippi schools are banned from SEC postseason play until the flag changes.