Juwan Mitchell

Fondren & Main

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I didn't realize Jay Hartzell is the interim prez.  He's the nicest, most open and accommodating prof I knew at McCombs.  I actually didn't think he had a stern enough personality to be dean, let alone president.  I can't believe someone would call him a dick.

Jay Hartzell is awesome.  Very nice, humble, but throws in the occasional jab, but always appropriate (and funny).  I was with him in a group of four at the TX/OU game and had a blast.  He's a great dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Virttue signaling..,.ok. What does that mean?

It is like when a big corporation releases a big advertising campaign showing how much they care about some social issue it actually doesn't care about. It is like some photo op a politician will do to show how much they care about something. 

That kind of thing. With the age of the internet now common everyday people get to do the same thing. Get the credit for being virtous without actually doing anything virtous.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Ahhh but you neglected to note the Virtual Virtue Signaler. That's when a Virtue Signaler uses another group's or individual's Virtue Signaling to Virtue Signal.

Example: When a person virtue singals by pointing out a conference announcement, a conference that gives no fucks about black rights and only about winning, claims they won't host Championship games in a state where no Championship games are ever held until they change their racist flag. Particularly when that person claims to be a fan of a school in a different conference than the one noted above.

You seem like the type of person that would put someone on double secret probation.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...