Handheld Sirius XM receiver?

Is there such a thing? Their website is mostly useless, and I'm having a hard time finding the answer independently online. 

I would like to be able to basically just buy a portable radio that plays Sirius XM without having to connect an external speaker, connect to WiFi, etc. 

My four year old is addicted to Ozzy's Boneyard on the TV via the Dish Network. He also watches a fair amount of heavy metal stuff on YouTube, but that requires a lot more parental supervision to avoid the live performances (often with "Cleveland - FUCK YEAH!!!" or similar before and after), heavier shit than we necessarily want him listening to (the bleaker stuff by Slayer, doom/death metal Cookie Monster-vocals type shit, etc.) that the algorithm eventually suggests based on all the Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, etc. we feed it. 

I would like to be able to get him a device that he can just use independently without much assistance, but I don't want to get him a tablet, etc., for the aforementioned reasons, but also because he's illiterate and will eventually find himself at some sort of user experience impasse. 

*I'm a complete dinosaur with respect to music accessibility these days - refused to abandon CDs for as long as I could, and now have all my shit on an iPod that's becoming increasingly inconvenient to use, etc. So please keep in mind that I don't know anything about this shit. 

The portable was called the 'Stiletto" IIRC, and it was made obsolete by the app.

Four is a little young for a phone.  If you get an Alexa device, which I think can be had for under 50 bucks, you can hook that to sirius via the app.  Then your kid can just say "Hey Alexa, play me some motherfucking Ozzy on Sirius XM".  It's not portable, but it may be a solution for you. 

BTW, you may have the coolest 4 yo on the planet.    Fucking Motorhead.  I love it. 

Edited by Gil Bang

Hmm. I'll see if the Stilletto is a viable option. I suppose I could maybe just give him an old phone of mine that has been wiped of everything (would need to figure out how to delete or otherwise block access to the Play Store...) and allow him to connect to the app over the house WiFi?  I'm trying to avoid having any sort of always-listening digital assistant in our house for as long as I can - the whole thing doesn't sit very well with me... 

Edit-the Stiletto 2 is unavailable on the Sirius website but is available for $593.99 (& free shipping!) on Amazon. Nope!!! 

~~~~~

Yeah, he's a character. We went to a private screening of Frozen 2 this past Saturday morning (sponsored by our realtor) and about 10 minutes in, he wanted to leave because it was too loud. But upon leaving, he asked for me to take him to lunch at a heavy metal-themed restaurant that is always loud as shit ( https://kumascorner.com/ ).

We got there just as they were opening for lunch, and he charmed all the women working - had the hostess swooning when he asked for "Seasons of the Habyss by Slayer," then told our server that he didn't like some song by St. Vitus because it was too quiet, and then rattled off a request list of Motorhead songs that he finds sufficiently loud and fast. 

20190926_111100.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

8 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

The Stilletto (and 2) was released in 2007 or so. Very outdated. I had one and the reception sucked. Like everyone else mentioned, use the app. XM had one too before they bought out Sirius.

I have the XM version, actual two.  One was a Pioneer Inno and the other was exactly the same but made by Samsung.  I used it in my '69 pickup up until this year and then removed it because I was tired of paying for the subscription.  Doesn't work very well as a portable, though.