Texas opens as a 10.5 point favorite v Texas Tech

TexasMan

3 minutes ago, Xian said:

I haven’t watched a tech game all year. Are they that bad?

We needed a last second TD to score more than 3 on Baylor.  Every other team, including SFA, Rice, UTSA and Kansas, has scored more than 10 on Baylor.  

Tech scored 30 on Baylor.

We scored 10.

We are seriously that bad.  It doesn't matter how bad the other team is - their weakness will be a strength and we will continue to buttfuck ourselves offensively. 

From what I've seen Tech is serviceable up front but terrible on the back end.  Meanwhile, I'm guessing Ingram, Johnson, Whittington, and Angilau will continue to be out on offense.  You are taking a giant and unwarranted leap of faith imo if you think we are all of a sudden going to be able to run the ball.  Not having CJ and Angilau has been a killer for this offense.  It's not that Angilau is better than Kerstetter, but we do not have a decent tackle to replace Kerstetter.  And not having CJ means completing a pass to someone not named Duvernay requires them to be wide open and the pass to be perfect...which isn't going to happen a lot now that teams have a book on our route tree and our QB has less protection.  I think we score around 30 if Ehlinger does the unusual and connects on one or two deep balls.   Otherwise I see another abysmal performance.

On defense, Orlando's defense has not been able to deal with the nightclub fighter Jett Duffey either of the two previous times we've played him.  Tech is going to score on us.  I think this will be either a close, toss up type game or - if our QB continues his recent trend of not connecting on deep passes -  an embarrassing multi-score loss to a shitty team that lost to Kansas.

23 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

From what I've seen Tech is serviceable up front but terrible on the back end.  Meanwhile, I'm guessing Ingram, Johnson, Whittington, and Angilau will continue to be out on offense.  You are taking a giant and unwarranted leap of faith imo if you think we are all of a sudden going to be able to run the ball.  Not having CJ and Angilau has been a killer for this offense.  It's not that Angilau is better than Kerstetter, but we do not have a decent tackle to replace Kerstetter.  And not having CJ means completing a pass to someone not named Duvernay requires them to be wide open and the pass to be perfect...which isn't going to happen a lot now that teams have a book on our route tree and our QB has less protection.  I think we score around 30 if Ehlinger does the unusual and connects on one or two deep balls.   Otherwise I see another abysmal performance.

On defense, Orlando's defense has not been able to deal with the nightclub fighter Jett Duffey either of the two previous times we've played him.  Tech is going to score on us.  I think this will be either a close, toss up type game or - if our QB continues his recent trend of not connecting on deep passes -  an embarrassing multi-score loss to a shitty team that lost to Kansas.

What are you talking about?  Texas just ran the ball fairly effectively against a team with a much better defense against the run than Tech's.   

Just now, 6th Street said:

Ran it effectively to the tune of 3 points up until the garbage time TD

That's because we were fucked every time we got behind the chains, not because we couldn't run the ball on standard downs.  Okafor at tackle was a disaster.  

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

What are you talking about?  Texas just ran the ball fairly effectively against a team with a much better defense against the run than Tech's.   

Yeah, but 68 of those yards came on one play when Baylor blew an assignment.

• Like 1

I have four sweet tickets for the game sitting on my bar (given to me)

I had someone else call on Saturday to offer two more.

I'm trying to figure out if we're even going to use the ones we have.  I have no desire to expend an ounce of time or energy in support of this team/program.  And I sure as shit don't want to watch us lose to Tech, which we will.  I don't care how sucky Tech is, y'all don't truly understand the depths to which this team has sunk.  They aren't in this anymore.  At all.

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm trying to figure out if we're even going to use the ones we have.  I have no desire to expend an ounce of time or energy in support of this team/program.  And I sure as shit don't want to watch us lose to Tech, which we will.  I don't care how sucky Tech is, y'all don't truly understand the depths to which this team has sunk.  They aren't in this anymore.  At all.

Donate them to some place so someone who can’t afford can go (though admittedly I’m not sure that’s even a thing). 

...or throw them away. Vote with your attendance and wallet  

I’m not wishing for a loss, but I hope we win 3-2 and the game generally sucks. 

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I didn't watch the Baylor game. I'll probably watch the Tech game just because I'll be with family.

As shitty as we are, losing to Tech is never a good look. And at this point in the season a win isn't saving Herman's job or changing perceptions about his future. I firmly beleive he coaches out next year win or lose on Friday. 

I really wonder what Vegas knows that we don't know when they came up with that +10.5. Tech's margin of losses this year:

1. @Arizona - 14 points
2. @OU - 39 points
3. @Baylor - 3 points
4. Iowa State - 10 points
5. @Kansas - 3 points
6. TCU - 2 points
7. Kansas State - 3 points

They didn't know much on Baylor. I think even Vegas is having trouble understanding how shitty and checked out we are.

33 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
19 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:
I really wonder what Vegas knows that we don't know when they came up with that +10.5. Tech's margin of losses this year:

1. @Arizona - 14 points
2. @OU - 39 points
3. @Baylor - 3 points
4. Iowa State - 10 points
5. @Kansas - 3 points
6. TCU - 2 points
7. Kansas State - 3 points

Read more  

They didn't know much on Baylor. I think even Vegas is having trouble understanding how shitty and checked out we are.

Do they not watch the games?  Watching these games is like that scene in Saving Private Ryan where the guy stands, paralyzed, at the bottom of the stairs while his fellow soldier gets slowly overpowered and killed by the Herman, I mean, German solder.  You feel that powerless watching this team.  

Edited by stork642

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I predict a lot of expensive suites will be dark/empty

If anyone wasn't around in 1997 for that freezing cold Senior Day game against Kansas when it was already decided that Mackovic was out and there was nothing to play for, there was maybe 40,000 in the stands. I'm curious if we get 60,000 in the stands on Friday. Our record is better than 1997 but the sense of nothing to play for is definitely there. 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:28 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, they're bad.

Not +10.5 vs Texas bad, but bad.

I'm shocked at that line.  we are fucking horrible and Tech has played a bunch of close games.  Our D will have to win this game and that is a 50/50 proposition at best.  This is a pick 'em game at a neutral site IMO.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, BradWilcox said:

Tech has an upcoming QB but for now he isn't as good as he'll be later on. But if he gets on a roll it might be another UT loss just waiting to happen. And Tom can't afford any more negs.

I don't know why you got banned but "upcoming QB" is uphauling.