11.25.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Fredo? How’s my boy doing? He was always a little on the slow side, but a good boy. I hope he’s getting along with Michael, my war hero! And poor Santino! 😢 

Well, it's like this.  Fredo was the older brother, and he was stepped over. He didn't care too much about the little brother taking care of him.  It's not the way he wanted it.  He says he can handle things.  He's smart. Not like everybody says, like dumb.  He's smart and he wants some respect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Tom: "J. Whittington in pain and we don't know why. " Maybe watching you spin your wheels and do a piss poor job is painful.

Maybe he's looking for a medical redshirt, goes into the portal, and has 5 years to play 4 elsewhere. Not sure that's even possible, but the way this fucked up year has been going it wouldnt surprise me. I pretty much only watch 2 things on tv, Longhorn football and news. I'm going to need some antidepressants the way this year's been going.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Maybe he's looking for a medical redshirt, goes into the portal, and has 5 years to play 4 elsewhere. Not sure that's even possible, but the way this fucked up year has been going it wouldnt surprise me. I pretty much only watch 2 things on tv, Longhorn football and news. I'm going to need some antidepressants the way this year's been going.

Maybe?

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

If Tom Herman was my client here are the talking points I would make him commit to memory or at least write down to stay on point.  He is failing at the most basic part of his job which is to be a salesman for the program.  It's especially more important when you are losing:

1.  We can get to 8 wins with a victory Friday and  a bowl win, right now that is our focus and our message to the team. We cant hit our goals obviously, but we can set the tone for the off-season starting Friday.  Friday is our most important game for many reasons.

2. This season has not played out like we wanted, obviously, but we have to keep driving and working hard

3. Injuries have played a major role, no doubt, but we every program has to deal with them, we cant sulk or make it an excuse; we have to overcome. That is why its critical we develop depth and make recruiting a priority.  Recruiting is on everybody; how we handle this last game and our bowl game will set the tone

4. We... everyone, fans, media, coaches have to stay positive and focused on the long term plan; we have a process and a plan and its going to take time; the last thing we need is division and apathy. I understand losing can create a negative vibe, but we're staying positive as an organization.

5. We have to instill discipline, no excuses for penalties and missed tackles; those are mental and physical errors that have to be fixed and that's what we're working on.  We've had critical errors at the worst possible times.  The guys need to fix it; the coaches need to fix it, it has to hurt to improve, and the team is hurting , but now is when we need to come together and get a victory.

6. We had 10 wins last year, and we can get to 8 this year; no its not where we want to be based on where we finished last year; but 8 wins is something to build on considering  we left at least 1 win on the field (ISU).

7 At Texas we expect to compete for Championships and we didnt get it done this year, but the future is bright; we have a lot coming back next year.

Tom needs to learn leadership 101.  Effective communication is, in order,  tone, body language  and then words. The public perception he is putting off is terrible.  He needs CDC to sit him down and talk about public speaking and the message he is putting off. To come that press conference and essentially wing it is off putting at best. He is not prepared and its obvious. I guess $5M a year makes him think he is bullet proof.

Is it that he is checked out himself? How does he not follow your suggestions above to the letter? This guy is a former shell of his bravado veiled persona that he tried to force to prove he was worthy of the position. It took some doing, but his true colors are showing and he has all but given into the fact that he is a failure at Texas and is just waiting for the shoe to drop. My concern now, is that CDC is not in a position to make a change or does not desire to do it this year, regardless of the glaring red flags being shown. My hope is that CDC is going to do the right thing and fire him and find "his" guy to lead the team. My head says, that CDC will not be that strong and will allow his heart to give Tom one more year provided there are changes.

The issue though, is going to be the same position that Charlie found himself in, in that, what coordinators are you going to be able to get, regardless of open pocketbook, to come to Texas for a 1 year chance? No one with the pedigree we would want, but rather some young person/people that have either been anointed the next big thing on O/D or some has been that needs another pay day. Watching the press conference and seeing him act like a dead man walking is just about the worst thing he could do for selling the program and for that he deserves to not make another dime off of the University. 

As with Charlie, here we are in year 3 with a lot more questions than answers and some serious re-org on the staff scheduled/promised. This band-aid needs to be ripped off and addressed to stem infection and disease. But, instead of removing the band-aid and cleaning the dressing we will get another band-aid with the promise of medicinal properties to get the issue resolved and back up to full strength. The truth is, we are delaying the inevitable and will need serious attention after next year, which is lining up to be just as difficult a climb to any chance of a conference championship, or playing in the game itself. 

Here's to beating Tech and winning the bowl game, but more importantly, here's to getting Texas back on track and trending up.

On a side note, I'd like to tell all of the worthless, motherfuckers talking shit non-stop about the Longhorns, that we are going to get this shit turned around and your sorry ass teams that are enjoying this shitshow will once again be put back into your place as fodder for our team's success. Don't mind the Horns down, but the bullshit fanfare of Texas being done, openly mocked and relegated to the bottom of this shit conference in perpetuity is misguided and wrong. Fuck your "is Texas back?" bullshit question and shove it down your grandmother's throat before Thanksgiving dinner. Eat shit and bark at the moon, you worthless, miserable assholes!

• Like 3

Well, it's like this.  Fredo was the older brother, and he was stepped over. He didn't care too much about the little brother taking care of him.  It's not the way he wanted it.  He says he can handle things.  He's smart. Not like everybody says, like dumb.  He's smart and he wants some respect.

But that's the way Pop wanted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Is it that he is checked out himself? How does he not follow your suggestions above to the letter? This guy is a former shell of his bravado veiled persona that he tried to force to prove he was worthy of the position. It took some doing, but his true colors are showing and he has all but given into the fact that he is a failure at Texas and is just waiting for the shoe to drop. My concern now, is that CDC is not in a position to make a change or does not desire to do it this year, regardless of the glaring red flags being shown. My hope is that CDC is going to do the right thing and fire him and find "his" guy to lead the team. My head says, that CDC will not be that strong and will allow his heart to give Tom one more year provided there are changes.

The issue though, is going to be the same position that Charlie found himself in, in that, what coordinators are you going to be able to get, regardless of open pocketbook, to come to Texas for a 1 year chance? No one with the pedigree we would want, but rather some young person/people that have either been anointed the next big thing on O/D or some has been that needs another pay day. Watching the press conference and seeing him act like a dead man walking is just about the worst thing he could do for selling the program and for that he deserves to not make another dime off of the University. 

As with Charlie, here we are in year 3 with a lot more questions than answers and some serious re-org on the staff scheduled/promised. This band-aid needs to be ripped off and addressed to stem infection and disease. But, instead of removing the band-aid and cleaning the dressing we will get another band-aid with the promise of medicinal properties to get the issue resolved and back up to full strength. The truth is, we are delaying the inevitable and will need serious attention after next year, which is lining up to be just as difficult a climb to any chance of a conference championship, or playing in the game itself. 

Here's to beating Tech and winning the bowl game, but more importantly, here's to getting Texas back on track and trending up.

On a side note, I'd like to tell all of the worthless, motherfuckers talking shit non-stop about the Longhorns, that we are going to get this shit turned around and your sorry ass teams that are enjoying this shitshow will once again be put back into your place as fodder for our team's success. Don't mind the Horns down, but the bullshit fanfare of Texas being done, openly mocked and relegated to the bottom of this shit conference in perpetuity is misguided and wrong. Fuck your "is Texas back?" bullshit question and shove it down your grandmother's throat before Thanksgiving dinner. Eat shit and bark at the moon, you worthless, miserable assholes!

You must be new around here.

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

He said that? Wow! Denial is just not a River in Egypt.

If I were CDC I’d fire him by 1:00PM just for making that idiotic statement. I hope it burns up the internets and social media.

On ESPNU 84 whoever the 2 guys were said "Herman is your worst nightmare."  And then talked briefly about the head butting before having one of those long, raucous laughs that ends in tears and a complete hahahaha..ahhhhh moment.  They think he is funny as shit, and not in a good way. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Swear to God, if Surly could get credentialed, I'd show up on Surly's behalf to a PC and throw a fucking shoe at Coach Fuckface while screaming obscenities. Or I'd ask whatever Andy Kaufman-esque questions we voted on that week, and just keep pumping them at him until forcibly removed from the building.

"You've got shifty, little eyes and they're kinda close together.  Like, too close together.  What do you think that says about you?"

"Why would you bother to protect this culture and why haven't you begun the first steps to completely decimate it?"

"Two parter here, Coach.  Heh heh,  I know, sorry.  Casey Horny hasn't gone on Twitter to share his sympathy for Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy.  Do you attribute that pace of character development to your guidance and can you visualize someone, anyone, worse or less equipped to teach special teams?"

"Thanks, Coach.  Uh, there are many types of cheeses -- especially in Europe.  If the curds of this program were drained and it was fully coagulated and dried, what kind of cheese would this program be and what would it smell like?"

"You mentioned Greg Davis as a mentor.  Was his notion of a running game applied to you with an enema?"

"What kind of toast do you think you deserve?"

"When you consider that you and Matt Rhule started at the same time, do you scream into the pillow or bite it?"   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Tom needs to learn leadership 101.  Effective communication is, in order,  tone, body language  and then words. The public perception he is putting off is terrible.  He needs CDC to sit him down and talk about public speaking and the message he is putting off. To come that press conference and essentially wing it is off putting at best. He is not prepared and its obvious. I guess $5M a year makes him think he is bullet proof.

CDC needs to sit him down and talk and tell him to not let the door hit his ass on the way out.

8 hours ago, Chooky said:

Herman:  Any advice, Mack?

Mack:  Detonate the recruiting class on your way out.  Set the program back as far as you can as you leave while they still have to pay you.  Be spiteful and petty and sulk and always remember that it's about you, not them.  Maybe stop slamming your head into stuff.  That won't inspire anyone.  It just makes you look stupid.

And mention you're out here killing yourself 

If we are headed down memory lane of killing yourself on the recruiting trail in south Florida, you might remember it was RB Dalvin Cook who Mack Brown was chasing. Turns out he’s pretty good.

From wiki page on his recruitment:

Regarded as a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, Cook was ranked as the second best all-purpose back in his class.[7] Before he signed with Florida State in January 2014, he had already taken the summer and night classes necessary to graduate high school early and enroll in the spring. Cook originally committed to Clemson University, then flipped to the University of Florida under coach Will Muschamp in the spring of 2013.[8][9] However, after Florida’s 4–8 season that year, the 5-star running back began wavering on his pledge—privately. Despite officially visiting other schools, Cook claimed he was "100 percent" committed to the University of Florida in every interview.[citation needed] During the week of the Under Armour All-America Game, he did the Gator Chomp on social media and posed for a pictures with Florida commits after one of the practices.[10] On January 1, 2014, Cook flipped to Florida State University.[11]

I’m a ravioli guy.  I mean, you look over there at Linguini and it just scares you to death.  Penne is hard.  Not as hard as winning but it’s hard.  It’s just a hard pasta to chew thru.  

17 hours ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

I wonder what Urban Meyer’s favorite Thanksgiving food is? If I had to guess, he would say whatever the vending machine has, while he is burning an all nighter at the office, game planning and prepping , looking for tendencies in his opponent  which he can exploit. 

He eats nails. 

4 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

If Bianco had any sense he would wipe the video of that PC off the internet before our rivals get ahold of it. The only redeemable thing about this program right now is our recruiting class so I really don't want this fucktard to ruin that too with his awkward sulky BS. 

I still remember Tom's first PC at Texas. Towards the end Bianco said something like "last question," and Tom immediately snapped at him. He said, "I will tell you when it's time for the last question" or something like that. We have come a long way from that.

there is a way to be humble yet still have conviction and not look like a pouty teenager.  He hasn't lived how difficult this is going to be and I'm pretty damn sure he's not prepared to handle it. 

Yeah times were tough when he was a GA and not making any money. You were the smartest guy in the room but no one knew it yet and you couldn't say so.  It is very hard to fail at the highest level so early in your career and have the ability to understand it is all downhill from here if you don't ask for some serious help and check your ego at the door.