Messed Up Lyrics

Jerry Callo

The Blinded By The Light thread in the Movies & TV forum had several examples of screwed up lyrics.  Instead of continuing to derail that thread, I thought I'd make a specific messed up lyrics thread over here in the Music forum.  I searched, but didn't find one.  (if there is one delete thread/ban user)

In 1980, 10 year old me would listen to Uncle Johnny in the Box on Q107.  It took a friend and I several weeks to figure out the lyrics for a newly released Alan Parsons Project Song.  At first we were convinced it was "Dead people play you take it or you leave it . . . "  but after listening a few more weeks we decided that made no sense and realized it was ". . . Gay people play in the middle of the night."

• Like 1

I learned this morning when driving to work via my car's display that the Indigo Girls' biggest hit is actually titled 'Closer to Fine' and not 'Closer, I'm Blind' as I'd always thought. I shared this with Mrs Ghost over lunch & she about lost her shit with laughter. Thirty fucking years I've had it wrong.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I learned this morning when driving to work via my car's display that the Indigo Girls' biggest hit is actually titled 'Closer to Fine' and not 'Closer, I'm Blind' as I'd always thought. I shared this with Mrs Ghost over lunch & she about lost her shit with laughter. Thirty fucking years I've had it wrong.

Closer to Deaf more like it.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Appropo of this post -- my SIL (you do not want pics, trust me) thought for a long time that Huey Lewis was singing "I want a new truck" instead of "I want a new drug." 

I want a new truck, one that won't make me sick? 

What kind of bad luck did that guy have with Fords or Chevys? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

spacer.png

I thought REO Speedwagon was singing “Light in the stormhouse.”

I didn’t know what a stormhouse was, but the fact that a light had come on... that seemed ominous. 

I was disappointed to learn the actual lyric.  

I also thought The Who were singing “Neeeew Orleans, hoo hoo, hoo hoo.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...