Black Friday 2019

UT_OB1

Trying to furnish a rental. Bestbuy has a 65” TCL for $399, but I think you have to be in store to get it. Anyone know any online deals that are better than the standard 479 for the 65” Roku?  

I’m also trying to find a couple queen size sofa beds  

I got a SS fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher from homedepot for 1609. I thought it was a good deal. 

No, but apparently he really wants that TV, is going to "buy it for his rental", get a new TV for himself tax-free, and then hope the date of the receipt doesn't set off a huge red flag to the IRS.  Not many landlords do their shopping on Black Friday.  

49 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Landlords put TVs in for renters now?  

For AirBnB/VRBO, yes. Busting my ass after my day job trying to get the thing finished in time to have it listed for new years, but I think realistically it’s going to be January before it’s going. 

@Lobo you really don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 1

Was a fucking joke Barbara, calm down.  We can't crack wise before 7:00a?  

I'd try retailmenot or joinhoney.com for best online deals on Friday.  My neighbor swears by joinhoney.com and he works at retailmenot

22 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

For AirBnB/VRBO, yes. Busting my ass after my day job trying to get the thing finished in time to have it listed for new years, but I think realistically it’s going to be January before it’s going. 

@Lobo you really don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Oh. OK. 

I was imagining a garden variety rental down off Airbase Road by the Walmart.

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

Oh. OK. 

I was imagining a garden variety rental down off Airbase Road by the Walmart.

I'd happily rent one of those as well if it makes money, but this is in the beautiful beach destination city of Galveston...

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Was a fucking joke Barbara, calm down.  We can't crack wise before 7:00a?  

I'd try retailmenot or joinhoney.com for best online deals on Friday.  My neighbor swears by joinhoney.com and he works at retailmenot

Use the sarcasm font.  Thanks for those websites.  I'll keep an eye on them.  

The bad thing about looking through all these sales is that I've come very close to convincing myself I need a new laptop, tool set, and smoker.   

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

is 65" a must?

57 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

If you're weighing your options between a 55 and 65... get the 65.

We've got a few older model TCLs around work and now at our house and a rental, and the 4k picture looks good.  There is such a small difference in price between the 50/55 and the 65 that it is worth spending.

Well I was going to try to copy the best buy info in a picture but can't figure that out:

TCL 55" 5 Class - 399

TCL 65" 5 Class - 729

And I'd be happy with the 4 class quality at 479.  

Edited by UT_OB1

Walmart has some pretty cheap prices on Samsung 4K Smart TV’s (especially for Samsung), and if you don’t like the native hubs, you can always stick a Roku on it. I can understand the marketing power of a nice TV in a listing, but I’m not sure if a 50”, 55” or 65” will sway me one way or the other, especially if I’m on vacation and may only turn on the TV as we are getting ready in the morning. 

SAMSUNG 65" Class 4K UHD 2160p LED Smart TV with HDR UN65NU6900 $477.99

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-65-Class-4K-UHD-2160p-LED-Smart-TV-with-HDR-UN65NU6900/654638449

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Walmart has some pretty cheap prices on Samsung 4K Smart TV’s (especially for Samsung), and if you don’t like the native hubs, you can always stick a Roku on it. I can understand the marketing power of a nice TV in a listing, but I’m not sure if a 50”, 55” or 65” will sway me one way or the other, especially if I’m on vacation and may only turn on the TV as we are getting ready in the morning. 

SAMSUNG 65" Class 4K UHD 2160p LED Smart TV with HDR UN65NU6900 $477.99

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-65-Class-4K-UHD-2160p-LED-Smart-TV-with-HDR-UN65NU6900/654638449

Wow.  That seems like a good price for a Samsung.  I thought it would have been much more expensive.  That first non box TV i bought was a 40" Samsung 12 years ago that still works just fine today and has become the treadmill TV.  Its nice not having any maintenance issues that long.

I'm sure the TV size won't be the selling point for the ad, but the living room it is going in is very large, and I don't want to make it feel small with a smaller TV.  I'm happy to pay the extra ~100 to go from 55 to 65.