British food

spystud13

I grew up eating all of that stuff and loving all of it. Kippers are really an acquired taste but i love them. How do more people not like beef Wellington??? It's a beef roast in breading with mushroom sauce in between. Black pudding is something I crave.

• Like 1

What are their kippers like? Dig these a couple times a year. 
0c90002a-8c8d-4a73-b58b-80f215538691-1-fc5b3e221f3f4788776e025e8db27712.jpg

Kippers are a lot more pungent than that canned stuff. I used to eat that canned stuff with ramen. Real kippers are pungent to the point of clearing out a room when you open them up to cook.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I like fish & chips & bacon sandwiches, never had faggots. 

EKFJ3-Z-Ws-AAx9b7-format-jpg-name-large.

best food:  tikka masala (and yes its fine they claimed it, it was invented there)

good food:  sunday roast

decent food: meat pies, liver anything

shit food:  the rest of that list

the brits do not own the rights to bacon sandwich.  give me a break.

50 minutes ago, elfenix said:

how the fuck is beef wellington on the low tier?

That's one of the stupidest things that I have seen.  Fucking tenderloin slathered in mushrooms and wrapped in flaky pastry.  Fuck off with that low tier bullshit.  Almost everything else on that poster is however garbage.  

Oh, and the only things on that list I HAVEN'T had: Lancashire hotpot, steak and kidney pudding, laver bread, and jellied eels (although I have had eels several different ways).  And most of the rest of the stuff on that list, I really like.  There's a couple that I'm just okay on, but the rest, I genuinely like.

It goes without saying that if you've had that food here, but not in England, then you haven't really had it...  much like if this was a ranking of TexMex according to people in Albania.  You may very well be right on some of the things, and you may actually even have someone there that can make a few of them, but overall ... ya gotta go there to get the authentic stuff.

Pub grub in an actual British pub with a proper pint is heaven on earth.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF?  Full English, fish and chips, pasty, Tikka Masala....are garbage?  WTF?

Those foods are not garbage, but their presentation on that poster is. I don't think that a fried egg, bacon and toast or fried fish is "God Tier".  That bacon sandwich looks sad. I would put tikka masala in "top tier" at a minimum. 

7 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

It goes without saying that if you've had that food here, but not in England, then you haven't really had it...  much like if this was a ranking of TexMex according to people in Albania.  You may very well be right on some of the things, and you may actually even have someone there that can make a few of them, but overall ... ya gotta go there to get the authentic stuff.

Pub grub in an actual British pub with a proper pint is heaven on earth.  

Quoted for truth.  I'm quite fond of the food I've had in England.  Granted I've spent maybe a combined 14-18 days there in my life, but I liked it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Leftover roast beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage mixed together and fried...usually in bacon grease. It’s glorious.

Sounds like the graphic designer who created that poster inverted the rankings for at least god through low tier. 

ETA: I missed that fact earlier that these are results of a public poll.  That explains some of the dumbassery.  

Edited by Anastasis

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Those foods are not garbage, but their presentation on that poster is. I don't think that a fried egg, bacon and toast or fried fish is "God Tier".  That bacon sandwich looks sad. I would put tikka masala in "top tier" at a minimum. 

there's not much better than a full english.  

back bacon (not our streaky bacon)

bangers

fried tomatoes

fried mushrooms

baked beans in tomato sauce

2 eggs, sunny side up

toast

I had haggis, and loved it. It's like boudin for inherently violent people.

Yep. My whole family loves it. My kids are Mexican Coonass Scots, so they were destined to love it.

My daughter visited Edinburgh solo when looking at colleges. She waited at the World’s End to be seated for a dinner of haggis, neeps and tatties, and sticky toffee pudding. She got much respek from the bar staff.
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Leftover roast beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage mixed together and fried...usually in bacon grease. It’s glorious.

It normally doesn't have the roast beef, or at least not when I have had it (lived in the UK for 7+ years).  It's essentially the vegetable leftovers from a Sunday roast, fried up as you mention.

I've never been a fan, but maybe the roast beef would make the dish for me.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. My whole family loves it. My kids are Mexican Coonass Scots, so they were destined to love it.

My daughter visited Edinburgh solo when looking at colleges. She waited at the World’s End to be seated for a dinner of haggis, neeps and tatties, and sticky toffee pudding. She got much respek from the bar staff.

Pics of neeps and tatties?

• Like 1