My wife rear-ended someone

936horn

Wife says she looked down for one second and rear-ended a 20-something girl in a parking lot this morning. No damage to my wife's car, only slight dent to the bumper of other girl's car. The girl was late for work so my wife took pics and gave the girl her number. I'd like to probably just pay her to either go away or repair it out of pocket instead of getting raped via insurance. Is there any way I can protect myself from this girl taking cash and getting it fixed and filing an insurance claim at the same time?

Also, no pics of wife, sorry.

26 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Would trying to pay cash and not go through insurance screw you 11 months from now if the girl decided she had some sort of health issue stemming from the collision?  

I believe it would.  So pay cash and keep the girl as part of your threesome for the next two years until the statute of limitations runs.

I rear ended someone once, did like $3000 in damage to my car and no idea how much to theirs.  Insurance rate didnt go up at all.  I'm guessing it won't unless you have had previous claims.  You can also call a few other insurance companies to get a quote, letting them know you have had an at fault claim to see what the going rate is.  

My theory certainty is that both women were staring at their phones, and neither has any clue why they collided. In fact, it's completely possible that the 20-something girl threw her own car into reverse and hit your wife. Get a hot female lawyer to sue the hell out of the girl, one who will accept payment of being allowed to spank them for being bad, bad, bad, oh so bad.

Edited by RDCanecutter
bad rd, bad bad bad.