Bad songs on otherwise great albums

qwertyu1234

respectfully disagree on "Thank You"...it's hard to say it doesn't fit on that album because that album is so scattered and eclectic.  But would in that vein, would like to add, "The Crunge" from "Houses of the Holy"  

Edited by Lobo

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

respectfully disagree on "Thank You"...it's hard to say it doesn't fit on that album because that album is so scattered and eclectic.  But would in that vein, would like to add, "The Crunge" from "Houses of the Holy"  

Zeppelin's genre venturing had some giant swing-and-misses:

Funk: The Crunge; Country: Hot Dog; 

But more often they hit the mark, e.g., basically all their folk stuff.

I think D'yer M'aker is a fine song, but it's not really true reggae. That's probably what saves it. Also, the opening drum fill was inspired by the one on this song, which I love:

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Disagree.  That whole record is a beautiful train wreck where each car matters.  

That's where most people are on the subject, but I skip that one every single time.  I've warmed up to "Turd on the Run", but I almost included it in my original post.

19 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

As a bass guitarist, i love that bass line and vehemently disagree with this, but to each their own i guess. 

As the dad of a drummer, I respect your disagreement and will listen to the album for the . . . millionth time with the beauty of the baseline in mind. Thank you. Love that album. 

• Like 1

"Anything Goes" on Appetite for Destruction.  I can't prove it, but it's like Los Lonely Boys went back in time and cut that shitty track for what is one of the 10 greatest hard rock albums of all time.