SFA beats #1 Duke

Mossyhorn

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

How does SFA end up on Duke’s schedule even? Lol. This is pretty amazing, SFA must have got better at basketball since the last time I paid attention to them when one of my friends played for them 20 years ago.  He wasn’t that good..

Uh, yeah. They’ve won the Southland and made the tourney 4 of the last 6 seasons.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

How does SFA end up on Duke’s schedule even? Lol. This is pretty amazing, SFA must have got better at basketball since the last time I paid attention to them when one of my friends played for them 20 years ago.  He wasn’t that good..

They play at least 1 (maybe more) P5 team each year. Not uncommon for southland schools to go to a P5 to get $$$$. 

Alabama played at SFA last year. 

32 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They beat the shit out of WVU in the tourney and should’ve beat ND to go to the sweet 16 (fuck that no foul call at the buzzer). Almost beat Texas Tech two years ago in the tourney. 

Had a horrible season last year due to injuries. They’re pretty legit and have been for a while now.

• Like 2

The same way rice ends up on Texas' schedule for football? Duke isnt going to nacogdoches. It was a pay me game to get your teeth kicked in and it backfired.

Sfa in 16 beat WV and lost in the last seconds to Notre dame for the sweet 16. They aren't shitty.

They beat the shit out of WVU in the tourney and should’ve beat ND to go to the sweet 16 (fuck that no foul call at the buzzer). Almost beat Texas Tech two years ago in the tourney. 
Had a horrible season last year due to injuries. They’re pretty legit and have been for a while now.
Apparently I was confirming what you said.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Thats so bad ass. This and umbc over Virginia have to be neck to neck in biggest upsets in the last few decades

Not even close. SFA has been a tournament team more years than not lately. Hell, this wasn’t even the biggest upset this season.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

The same way rice ends up on Texas' schedule for football? Duke isnt going to nacogdoches. It was a pay me game to get your teeth kicked in and it backfired.

Sfa in 16 beat WV and lost in the last seconds to Notre dame for the sweet 16. They aren't shitty.

Excep that you just explained why it makes no sense that Duke scheduled them. If you’re looking to schedule cupcakes, SFA shouldn’t be on the list.

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The last time Duke lost at home to an unranked mid-major the three point shot and the shot clock had not been adopted in college basketball.

Not Cameron Indoor, but Eric Maynor, and VCU did it in the NCAA in 2007.  We lost our shit that day I can tell you.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not even close. SFA has been a tournament team more years than not lately. Hell, this wasn’t even the biggest upset this season.

Excep that you just explained why it makes no sense that Duke scheduled them. If you’re looking to schedule cupcakes, SFA shouldn’t be on the list.

From a spread perspective, 27.5, it was bigger than both Evansville (24ish) and UMBC (21ish).

• Like 2

Nothing beats Chaminade upsetting Virginia back in the 80's .  College basketball was so much fun to watch during that era.  

Oh, and they beat the Horns in 2012 in their tourney.  Go figure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaminade_Silverswords#:~:targetText=Chaminade hosts one of the,tournaments%2C the Maui Invitational Tournament.&targetText=As of 2017%2C the Silverswords,24-point win over California.

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Like 1