No wedding dress thread ???

smwhorn

Have had 6 family weddings in the past 4 years that the wife has helped out with and she is in the middle of helping with #7.

Price point is hard to pin down completely because a wedding in someone’s back yard and one  at the country club are in two different ballparks.  Assuming this is your general local (non destination) wedding at a venue with catered food I would say that the price point I would still depend on the girl but honestly it seems to depend on who is footing the bill.

If the bride/groom are paying or are on a limited budget they seem to get dresses as cheap as $400 to about $1200 but I’ve noticed when daddy paid for everything they don’t spend less than $2000 and up to $3500.

I can say that most of them (regardless of price point) ended up buying from Lulus (sp?) in Dallas.

6 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Have had 6 family weddings in the past 4 years that the wife has helped out with and she is in the middle of helping with #7.

Price point is hard to pin down completely because a wedding in someone’s back yard and one  at the country club are in two different ballparks.  Assuming this is your general local (non destination) wedding at a venue with catered food I would say that the price point I would still depend on the girl but honestly it seems to depend on who is footing the bill.

If the bride/groom are paying or are on a limited budget they seem to get dresses as cheap as $400 to about $1200 but I’ve noticed when daddy paid for everything they don’t spend less than $2000 and up to $3500.

I can say that most of them (regardless of price point) ended up buying from Lulus (sp?) in Dallas.

*She can't wear white.

8 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Wife and daughter (no pics, I'll fucking cut you man) are shopping for wedding dresses this week.  For those with any recent experience, what's the financial damage gonna be?  NOT asking for a friend.

Interesting, most people don't put a wedding dress on the town bicycle.

• Like 1

Go cheap, if you can talk them into it.

Expensive wedding dresses are a terrible waste of $$$$, given that they are only worn for a handful of hours before the horny groom peels it off. Mrs. Brat wore her $400 (in 1967 dollars) fancy dress exactly four hours before changing into her “going away”* outfit. Then it was sent to a cleaners to be wrapped in a plastic bag and placed in a sealed cardboard box for storage in the attic (where it has been for 52 years).

* Going away to get laid.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Go cheap, if you can talk them into it.

Expensive wedding dresses are a terrible waste of $$$$, given that they are only worn for a handful of hours before the horny groom peels it off. Mrs. Brat wore her $400 (in 1967 dollars) fancy dress exactly four hours before changing into her “going away”* outfit. Then it was sent to a cleaners to be wrapped in a plastic bag and placed in a sealed cardboard box for storage in the attic (where it has been for 52 years).

* Going away to get laid.

Listen to the man. 

Fat lot of good it will do, because she ain't gonna hear about it.