I will be there.

927 E. 41st

Good for you. We gave up our season tickets in 2016 after having them since we were students in 1996. I really haven't missed it. I still watch all the games but now we go over to mdleast's house and have BBQ and beer every game. If you enjoy going to games still then more power to you. Just make sure to hook em high, like the eagle soars. 

Edited by mdmost

I started going in 1957. Dad had season tickets, "the good seats" and I sat in the knot hole section, the north end zone. Later in life I got my own season tix in "the good seats". I saw lots of good times and lots of bad times, but I still got tears in my eyes when the band marched in before games. I would tell my wife, "This is what I do." Then, after 60 years, in Charlies second year, I couldn't justify spending $5,000+ per year for shit football.

Truth be told, as much as the shit football, the "atmosphere", mostly the deafening jumbotron, ran me off. I came to watch football but more and more got bread and circuses. I love football, but now it's all some variation of jet pack man. 

I'm happy for those of you who can ignore the bread and circuses and still see the football...I simply lost my ability to do that. 

• Like 2

We picked this game to take the kids at the beginning of the season. It’s going to be cold and rainy, the horns suck (fuck you Tom Herman), and I’ve been sick for a week. But at the end of the day, the kids have been looking forward to it all season and don’t give a damn that the horns suck. Hook ‘em.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

We picked this game to take the kids at the beginning of the season. It’s going to be cold and rainy, the horns suck (fuck you Tom Herman), and I’ve been sick for a week. But at the end of the day, the kids have been looking forward to it all season and don’t give a damn that the horns suck. Hook ‘em.

It’ll be 75 by the second half. 

55 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Ok, so just rainy

Endured KSU in the rain at DKR a few years ago. No wind, and not cold, so it wasn’t awful. The best part was most of the females literally just wearing shorts and bikini tops. I put on gym shorts, T-shirt, and flip flops and by halftime you forgot it was even raining. 

I’ll be there with my daughter. She’s a die hard fan and doesn’t care how bad they suck. We’ll try and talk two other family members to go with us, but I don’t think we’ll be successful. Actually,I’m looking forward to the relative peace and quiet of having godzillatron blare annoying ads at me

• Like 2

This will be my 146th Longhorn game inside the state of Texas (home game/away games inside the state/OU games) in a row

I wouldnt miss these for the world, but its becoming much more of a bore/chore to go to these days.

that being said, i hope all u motherfuckers cancel ur season tickets so i can move down/even closer to the 50 this year

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This will be my 146th Longhorn game inside the state of Texas (home game/away games inside the state/OU games) in a row

I wouldnt miss these for the world, but its becoming much more of a bore/chore to go to these days.

that being said, i hope all u motherfuckers cancel ur season tickets so i can move down/even closer to the 50 this year

Maybe I have you confused with somebody else but are you going to the games and then sitting there and posting on the Internet the whole time? 

• Like 1

Have fun, 927 E. 41st, be loud & proud!

I had season tix for 12 years, first in old section 12, row 12, seats 3 & 4. I loved the last original part of the stadium, they tore it down, then I moved to Section 7, row 7. I had some great times.

i still love the Horns, but 4 years ago, all my family & friends gave up theirs, so I gave mine up. 100 miles one way on game day was getting old. Hook ‘em! 

43 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Well Tom's going nowhere so you might as well get used to 4+ losses every year until he's gone. We might be right there with you once Burrow is gone.

What’s the LSU qb pipeline look like? I’d imagine you can find some guys from Texas used to the system and be ok longer term.