The actor/actress with the most screen time in ONE role

Parliament

Not the number of movies, not a character played by multiple actors over time. One person, one character, most minutes. My suggestions.

Robert Downy Jr: Three standalones, 4 ensemble's, several movies as a secondary character.

Sean Connery: The main character in 6? Bond movies.

Hugh Jackman: 5? ensembles, 3 standalones.

What you got?

My film nerd response:

Shintaro Katau as the blind swordsman Zatoichi in numerous Japanese films and a TV show.

cab12d39a306d49db1087ab2d26bda7a.jpg

From Wikipedia:

He played the role of blind masseur Zatoichi in a series of 25 films between 1962 and 1973, in 100 episodes across a four season television series from 1974 to 1979, and in a 26th and final film in 1989, which he also directed.

They used to show these in the 2000s early Saturday mornings on IFC (when it actually used to be an Independent Film Channel).

• Like 1

Both mentioned earlier, but it would have to be someone off Gunsmoke (Matt/ Festus/Kitty) or L&O SVU (Olivia/Tutuola) that had leading roles. There are several soap actors that had recurring roles into their 80's but their screen time was very restricted in the later years.

Clint Eastwood, in every one of the over fifty films in which he has appeared, except that godawful Every Which Way But Loose and the Bronco Billy dreck show.  I mean, it's the same squint, raspy voice and take no bullshit guy every time.  Not the same role?  Okay, never mind.  Here's one - Donald Trump getting up 1,000 days in a row acting like a president - . . .  naah, he's not acting presidential at all.  I apologize to OP.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Probably some soap opera star that had a role for 50 years. 

Yeah my first thought was ...

Susan Lucci (Erica Kane on All My Children for 42 years).

ETA: Poke beat me to it. I don't see how anyone can beat her screen time. 

Edited by wood