the pirate

Hagbard Celine

Let me get this straight...everyone now rips  on Herman because he always drops a few games he shouldn't (and we should have seen that coming based on his record at Houston)......but now we should consider hiring Leach? That happens every fucking year with Leach. For christ sake, he lost a game to a winless UCLA squad this year blowing a f'n 32 point lead. Some of you guys must love punching yourself in the nuts repeatedly. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The whole argument for hiring him has always been that he’d be able to recruit a lot better than he has if he were at a place like Texas. There’s no actual proof that he would though. 

Dude, you could be hired as the HC of Texas and still be able to automatically recruit better than most of the teams in the conference.  Recruiting is not our problem - our problem is wasted recruits due to shitshow coaching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laga4 said:

The Leach to Texas fascination is one of the many things in life I just don't get. 

• He'd do better than Herman
  • Leach would tell Chip Brown to go fuck himself.  Maybe he wouldn't use as colorful language as say Augie Garrido, but he'd still do it.
  • It would piss off aggy
  • It would piss off Craig James

My standards aren't very high right now, as you can tell.

But yeah, as others have said, Leach is done coaching in Texas.

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

last year's coach of the year.

i'm sick of hearing excuses why he would never work here.

i've watched 50% of this board twist and convulse itself in to rationalizing meyer.

so fuck it.

Pirate to Texas.

fight me.

happy thanksgiving.

It's almost like Urban Meyer is a much, much, much, much better football coach than Mike Leach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Let me get this straight...everyone now rips  on Herman because he always drops a few games he shouldn't (and we should have seen that coming based on his record at Houston)......but now we should consider hiring Leach? That happens every fucking year with Leach. For christ sake, he lost a game to a winless UCLA squad this year blowing a f'n 32 point lead. Some of you guys must love punching yourself in the nuts repeatedly. 

For many, that’s the only way they can cum.

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

last year's coach of the year.

i'm sick of hearing excuses why he would never work here.

i've watched 50% of this board twist and convulse itself in to rationalizing meyer.

so fuck it.

Pirate to Texas.

fight me.

happy thanksgiving.

He's a fantastic coach but he's not consistent enough for people on this board. He has plenty of WTF losses, instead of losing Maryland openers he loses to FCS openers. He has had a ton of bad seasons, Wazzu currently have the same record as Texas right now. The cherry on top is he also gets ass raped by his rival on the regular, which keeps him from winning his conference. He's like pretty much every good coach outside of Dabo and Saban right now except with championship level press conferences. I honestly don't think he'd be a clear upgrade over our current coach.

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, which is it? 

There are like two veteran coaches that don't have plenty of WTF losses. Do you think there are only 2 good coaches in college football? What are your standards? I feel like people have the expectation where Texas finds the right coach and never loses another game after year 3. No one is going to recreate Saban's Bama dynasty at Texas. It's not going to happen. Bad seasons will occur no matter who the coach is.

5 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

There are like two veteran coaches that don't have plenty of WTF losses. Do you think there are only 2 good coaches in college football? What are your standards? I feel like people have the expectation where Texas finds the right coach and never loses another game after year 3. No one is going to recreate Saban's Bama dynasty at Texas. It's not going to happen. Bad seasons will occur no matter who the coach is.

Everyone has the occasional WTF loss. Leach has them with predictable regularity. 

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

He doesn’t win at a high level though. The whole argument for hiring him has always been that he’d be able to recruit a lot better than he has if he were at a place like Texas. There’s no actual proof that he would though. 

Keep hiring 'proven winners' LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! like Charlie and Tom then.

They're so personable in their post-loss pressers.

Texas only fucks 10's... only they wake up the next morning and they are 2's. Leach will never coach for UT, but the mentalities of the fanbase border insanity.

Edited by Iceman

I wonder if we can poach Les Mile’s from Kansas though?  Probably not.  But you gotta back up the Brinks trucks and make him say “no” before settling for the Pirate, right?  I mean, Miles has funny press conferences and he’s got a natty.

Not that the natty really means anything.

Actually, the more I think about it, the Pirate probably makes more funnies in press conferences than Miles does.  Not sure what their records are at winning the funnies in press conferences, but I bet the Pirate’s press conference funny record is way better than Miles’ PCF record.  Right?

I’ll google that stat later, but I can only think of like 2-3 funny press conference moments from Miles and I can think of like tons from the Pirate.  And that’s just off the top of my head.

Plus “The Pirate” is a way funnier nickname than “Leslie”.  Are you kidding me?  That’s not even debatable.  So, huge advantage there.

Fuck it...give me the Pirate.  Imagine Kansas’ reaction.  They will shit their pants.  Oh.  My.  God.

With our press conference resources.  And the LHN.  Can you imagine?  Holy shit it would be awesome!  We’d dominate every press conference and it wouldn’t even be close.

21 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Texas only fucks 10's... only they wake up the next morning and they are 2's. Leach will never coach for UT, but the mentalities of the fanbase border insanity.

Nobody gives a shit what a Tech fan thinks about winning football. If we ever discuss methodologies to ensure a pizza delivery arrives piping hot, feel free to chime in. Until that time, shut the fuck up and  keep beating your herpes ridden dick over Leach's career 58% big xii record and coach Bro's glorious abs.

Or post in the basketball board where  Texas fans cant say shit. 

It’s been a decade bro. It’s not just bad seasons.

The point is a place like Texas should be striving to get to the level that Bama and Clemson are currently at. Instead we will just grab our dicks and talk about wanting to get to that level instead of doing what has to be done to get to that level.

Money > wins

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Mack was the only proven winner we’ve hired in my lifetime. Mensa was always a predictable disaster. Leach would be the worst possible hire. 

Shut the fuck up Slorch, absolute worst decade of football for Texas in ages and we will either finish it 8-2 or 7-3 against your band of retards.  Oh by the way we were 8-2 the decade before.  If you were an OU fan or hell even a TCU fan you could sit at the big boy table and talk all the shit your heart desired but on this one why don't you sit it out and go stock some groceries or something.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 3

On 11/28/2019 at 1:32 PM, GTNY said:

I dont understand how people are repping this post. Leach having the same winning percentage at shitty schools vs Hermans at Texas shows hes been relatively more successful and is a better coach... Look at whats happened to Tech since he left. Look at WSU's record before he got there. He does more with less. (Also he's 6-5 this year but has average >9 wins over the four years prior)

@Bill Lumbergh is asking the right questions. I'm not saying Leach is the answer but gmr's post is actually showing the opposite of what hes trying to say. If Leach wasn't such a weird person, he would 100% have been given a chance at a "tier 1" job already. 

Using your own logic: Look at Houston since Herman and Texas before he got here. Delivered one of Houston's best seasons ever and the best season at Texas in a decade. The same way Herman is living off of two seasons as a HC, that's essentially Leach's resume at Tech and WSU, two seasons; the latter for WSU being in a historically awful year in the Pac, and still could not even win his own division. Otherwise it's a lot of 6-9 win seasons, inclusive of bowls, with three losing seasons at WSU and quite possibly a fourth this year.

Also, what is one of, if not the worst team Chris Petersen's fielded at Washington is currently completing its fifth consecutive manhandling of Leach's Washington State team. Not fifth straight win, fifth straight domination. Leach has not come close to beating Washington with Petersen there and is about to about to go 1-6 vs Washington, with the lone win being the last game of his first 3-9 season in what was essentially their nothing-to-lose super bowl. I understand there's a talent gap but a coach that consistently gets crushed by its biggest rival is a non-stater at Texas. If he can't find a way to even compete with Washington, which he objectively cannot, he will not conquer Oklahoma.

Edited by gmr548
Got my years wrong for Apple Cup, point still stands.
  • Like 1

Texas already has problems with OU going 7-14 in that series the last two decades. It would make perfect sense to hire a guy that has dropped 7 consecutive games to his rival to buck that trend. I like Mike Leach, I really do. He's made two shitty schools competitive consistently, but he's only delivered two out of the ordinary seasons his entire 18 year coaching career precisely a decade apart from each other. Any of y'all that are pining for Leach to coach Texas should refrain from taking PCP and posting.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, Blotto said:

Fucking this. Our dipshit has never won anything of significance, so let’s replace him with another dipshit who hasn’t won anything in two decades of coaching.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, atomheartbevo said:
  • He'd do better than Herman
  • Leach would tell Chip Brown to go fuck himself.  Maybe he wouldn't use as colorful language as say Augie Garrido, but he'd still do it.
  • It would piss off aggy
  • It would piss off Craig James

My standards aren't very high right now, as you can tell.

But yeah, as others have said, Leach is done coaching in Texas.

Only one of those points leads, even indirectly, to Texas winning games, and that point is pure speculation.