Cowboys vs Bills: Turkey Day Edition

Vic Mackey

Just now, LonghornJudas said:

Seriously, just be a good CEO/Owner of this great franchise for once. March down, tell Garrett he's fired, and let Richard finish the season. It's not an overreaction. He's had more than enough chances.

Then they'll win a couple of games, and Jones will go cheap and make Richard the next HC for the next fucking twenty years. Fuck that. We need Roman.

2 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Seriously, just be a good CEO/Owner of this great franchise for once. March down, tell Garrett he's fired, and let Richard finish the season. It's not an overreaction. He's had more than enough chances.

But Jason knows where Jerry buried the bodies of all the male prostitutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

That cunt Brad sham on the radio call was trying to say the Cowboys lost this because they were tired. 

Bitch, the bills played on Sunday too. Everything about this organization is soft and made for excuses

Tired of shitty coaching.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:
14 minutes ago, DougO said:
Garrett is gone (likely at the end of the year, but definitely gonzo). You can't lose this many games at home, following losses you need to rebound from, and still call yourself a viable NFL head coach with a decently talented team.
Especially getting blown out by such a vanilla team.

I've said that a bunch. He will be back because jerry knows nobody will work for him.

I've been pulling for Garrett for ages. I really like him and his demeanor, and I believe the players played for him. He has just reached, even surpassed, his level of usefulness in the NFL with the talent he has. He has proven beyond any doubt that the team can no longer progress any further under Garrett, even to Jerry Jones. So take heart, he's gone after this year, if not earlier.

He's still probably the best coach the Cowboys have had in a couple of decades, but that's a shitshow sample of coaching. Time to do better. I uust fear the next Jerry hire, as I always do.  But at least Garrett was likeable.

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke had only 12carries. Doesn't have that many against the Pats. Unacceptable. We spend all this money on OL and Zeke and we don't use it.

Also, OL was fucking terrible tonight. They aren't when close to worth their money.

They did what they always do. They quit running at the very first sign of stress, when they need to run the most.

And yes, the Cowboys spend more money and draft capital on offensive line than any team in NFL history, yet every week it seems like they suffer from OL breakdowns, or one little minor injury sends the whole thing in the dumpster.

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

He wasn't anywhere near a winner, but hey, he was likeable 

He was near. He was 83-64 with 2 playoff wins. The two playoff wins are one more than the previous four Cowboys head coaches combined.

Edited by DougO

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

And I don't want to see boy genius OC Kellen Moore anywhere near a headset in 2020. What a fraud.

I actually feel bad for him. He’s 31 and he was put in an impossible spot, saving Garrett’s job. All things considered, for a first year OC, he’s done a damn good job. It’s not his fault our defense was a fluke last year, and the Oline is a shell of its former self. He’s been so much better than Linehan, but when you have a lame duck head coach, it doesn’t matter if your offense has drastically improved from last year. He’ll have an NFL OC job next year, and rightfully so. He’s a lot better than you’re giving him credit for. He is the least of our problems.

Not sure where the Cowboys go from here, aside from jettisoning the ginger.

Are they really going to give Dak $40 million a year to pair with Zeke (who looks like he's on the back 9 of his career already)?  Oh yeah, and that "best OL in the league" is getting worked this season more than I've seen in several years.  Tyron Smith looks washed up.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I actually feel bad for him. He’s 31 and he was put in an impossible spot, saving Garrett’s job.

The thing that made it an impossible spot is that it was a totally absurd hire of a favorite mascot that clearly wasn't qualified for the job.

I've been pulling for Garrett for ages. I really like him and his demeanor, and I believe the players played for him. He has just reached, even surpassed, his level of usefulness in the NFL with the talent he has. He has proven beyond any doubt that the team can no longer progress any further under Garrett, even to Jerry Jones. So take heart, he's gone after this year, if not earlier.
He's still probably the best coach the Cowboys have had in a couple of decades, but that's a shitshow sample of coaching. Time to do better. I uust fear the next Jerry hire, as I always do.  But at least Garrett was likeable.
I agree with the likeability, that's not debatable. I also hope you are right about a change. Lincoln or matt rhule, please accept the job.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I actually feel bad for him. He’s 31 and he was put in an impossible spot, saving Garrett’s job. All things considered, for a first year OC, he’s done a damn good job. It’s not his fault our defense was a fluke last year, and the Oline is a shell of its former self. He’s been so much better than Linehan, but when you have a lame duck head coach, it doesn’t matter if your offense has drastically improved from last year. He’ll have an NFL OC job next year, and rightfully so. He’s a lot better than you’re giving him credit for. He is the least of our problems.

I think Garrett’s fingerprints are all over the offense. He’s in a shitty position for sure.

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Well that makes it fucking better. Geez. 

I'm not saying he was Tom Landry, or defending his lack of talent as a legitimate NFL head coach. I'm just pointing out the fact that he was somewhat an improvement over the previous several shitshow administrations. You may have forgotten what it was like to not even be in serious conversation for playoff spots year after year for so long. Garrett's run at least provided some tiny shred of hope from time to time, and even came with some semi-serious expectations. That time has now almost certainly come to a close.

Garrett's regime was not successful, but it was far preferable to the purgatory of complete loserdom that preceded for so long.

• Like 1

Gonorrhea is somewhat of an improvement over syphilis. 

1 minute ago, DougO said:

I'm not saying he was Tom Landry, or defending his lack of talent as a legitimate NFL head coach. I'm just pointing out the fact that he was somewhat an improvement over the previous several shitshow administrations. You may have forgotten what it was like to not even be in serious conversation for playoff spots year after year for so long. Garrett's run at least provided some tiny shred of hope from time to time, and even came with some semi-serious expectations. That time has now almost certainly come to a close.

Garrett's regime was not successful, but it was far preferable to the purgatory of complete loserdom that preceded for so long.

Gonorrhea is somewhat of an improvement over syphilis. 

2 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

I think Garrett’s fingerprints are all over the offense. He’s in a shitty position for sure.

No question. It’s an impossible spot, and he’s done pretty damn good for a 31 year old first year OC. Questioning whether or not he was qualified before the season was warranted. Questioning it now, after seeing how much our offense has improved from last year is just laughable. Garrett is going to get fired, and Moore will get let go along with him, but he will absolutely have another OC job in the nfl within the next 2-3 years. And rightfully so. People were saying Dak couldn’t even throw more than 10 yards down field. Now he leads the league in yards per attempt and is clearly having his best season. Again, not his fault that the Oline and the defense regressed as much as they have. He’s the least of our problems IMO, and I’m talking about every coach on our roster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougO said:

I think Chan Gailey would have a near identical record. Wade would likely have a better one. The problem is Jerruh demands a puppet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Jerry backs Garrett: 'Zero chance' of Super Bowl run without HC
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1880840

Jerry doesnt care.

Jerry can't face the thought of the press conference, and how he will get absolutely fucking shredded also...he doesn't know what to do next, because if it's obvious the next guy is just another puppet yes man the fans really start to go away

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Wait, wut?

Because it’s essentially the same thing and fans here would understand the reference. 

fuck me.  I’m drunk and forgot sb 2.  Was thinking redskins.  

Edited by SDG

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
8 minutes ago, SDG said:
Rypian didn’t play so why not include G Gilbert instead.  

Hey, there is another guy who future man thinks is better than dan Marino.

Sorry I fucked up the reference.  He didn’t play in his first sb.  my bad.