Happy Thanksgiving to the Cloak Room. Say something nice.

Parliament

I’ll share something for which I’m not thankful: the absence of true and thoughtful conservative voices in the Cloak Room. 

There was a time many years ago when a reasonable amount of dialog was at least thoughtful and more balanced. Even amongst the usual political shitposting, there was for some a minimum standard to discourse and, more than occasionally, an exchange of beliefs as ideas. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I’ll share something for which I’m not thankful: the absence of true and thoughtful conservative voices in the Cloak Room. 

There was a time many years ago when a reasonable amount of dialog was at least thoughtful and more balanced. Even amongst the usual political shitposting, there was for some a minimum standard to discourse and, more than occasionally, an exchange of beliefs as ideas. 

Actually, I was going to congratulate the thoughtful conservatives who are forced to review how to use their votes to find appropriate voice for that philosophy. Many have had to embrace the cold for the moment, and that can't be easy.

I'll be happy when traditional GOPS find a new home. Maybe then we can refine the party of the left.

• Like 4

I came into the CR with a fairly neutral position and actually defended some of the more conservative posters for awhile. But over time it became absolutely clear that we are no longer dealing with a “both sides” problem anymore.

The Conservative party has lost its mind and is basically indefensible at this point. The nail in the coffin was the incredibly irresponsible tax cut that did not also have some sort of spending control. There can no longer be honest discourse with conservatives because the party is indefensible.
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, I was going to congratulate the thoughtful conservatives who are forced to review how to use their votes to find appropriate voice for that philosophy. Many have had to embrace the cold for the moment, and that can't be easy.

i agree with this... and i think the country should be grateful and hopefully better off for those conservatives that are able to step back from the 'party over country' absolute line and see the assault on our fundamental American values that's happening on all fronts and in plain sight. there is a long list of those individuals just here on this forum, they are not 'libtards', they are making arguments and opinions based on being American, and i still have some hope because of them.

something nice: i still believe in this country. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

There is no longer a rock on which to stand on as a conservative. Whatever conservatism pretended to be (the beliefs as ideas as you put it) was flushed down the shitter with Trump. It’s all been laid bare and it’s just ignorance and hate and it’s dangerous.

Fuck you, OP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I'm trying to post more.  To be fair whenever I get a political survey call I don't know how to answer the question "Do you consider yourself a conservative or a liberal?"

I'm fiscally conservative and socially tolerant.  Probably a libertarian but who knows.

I appreciate the ability to think and discuss topics here without it affecting my job or family relationships.

Happy Thanksgiving

• Like 3

Made it through T day so far with no politics. Other than Dallas Cowboys. Didn’t even have to use my AK. Thankful for the opportunity to watch my family do terrible karaoke in the living room at the in laws while I imbibe instead of having cluster bombs dropped on their head.

• Like 1

Made it through T day so far with no politics. Other than Dallas Cowboys. Didn’t even have to use my AK. Thankful for the opportunity to watch my family do terrible karaoke in the living room at the in laws while I imbibe instead of having cluster bombs dropped on their head.

That’s for gotdamned true.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There is no longer a rock on which to stand on as a conservative. Whatever conservatism pretended to be (the beliefs as ideas as you put it) was flushed down the shitter with Trump. It’s all been laid bare and it’s just ignorance and hate and it’s dangerous.

Fuck you, OP.

Strange because I feel exactly the same way about liberalism and the Democrat party.  It used to be that for whatever faults they had they were at least always for freedom of speech, anti-war, and anti-conformist.  Now they are a bunch of authoritarian goosesteppers who want to force feed their beliefs down everyone else's throat and consider anyone that disagrees with them to be godless heathens.  In other words they have turned into Jerry Falwell's Republican party in the 1990s with the Social Justice Warrior replacing the Baptist Church. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Our country will be a better place... once the trumpkin ideology is properly viewed as traitorous un-American child torturing pro-rape shit stains that they are, from the head of state to his common follower in bumblefuck, TX. So we have that going for us, which is nice 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. 

Imagine the ignorance it takes to type that and support Donald fucking Trump. 

Who are the people giving that idiot enough rep to not be kicked off this board? As dumb as he is I think anyone endorsing his views is infinitely dumber. 

25 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It’s so much worse than you can imagine.

Care to explain?  Life is good.  Still have your job.  Not censored for being against the emperor, free to opine.  Impeachment/investigations are moving forward clogging most R progress except possibly judge-ships from the Senate.  The continuation from 2018 is almost certain, unless the Dems screw it up.  What are you worried about?

Hug your partner, get online and shop to avoid your lesser-than-you citizens, drink some booze to celebrate your Federal Govt supplied largess, and plan your multiple vacations for the upcoming year.  You hit the jackpot.

7 hours ago, zork said:

Care to explain?  Life is good.  Still have your job.  Not censored for being against the emperor, free to opine.  Impeachment/investigations are moving forward clogging most R progress except possibly judge-ships from the Senate.  The continuation from 2018 is almost certain, unless the Dems screw it up.  What are you worried about?

Hug your partner, get online and shop to avoid your lesser-than-you citizens, drink some booze to celebrate your Federal Govt supplied largess, and plan your multiple vacations for the upcoming year.  You hit the jackpot.

Ok, Boomer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zork said:

This is basically gaslighting. Fuck you. You don’t get to tell anyone how to feel or what their situation is. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Strange because I feel exactly the same way about liberalism and the Democrat party.  It used to be that for whatever faults they had they were at least always for freedom of speech, anti-war, and anti-conformist.  Now they are a bunch of authoritarian goosesteppers who want to force feed their beliefs down everyone else's throat and consider anyone that disagrees with them to be godless heathens.  In other words they have turned into Jerry Falwell's Republican party in the 1990s with the Social Justice Warrior replacing the Baptist Church. 

This is a very common belief on texags where they routinely have threads about wiping "liberalism" and particularly "white liberals" (race traitors) off the face of the earth. 

This is a very common belief on texags where they routinely have threads about wiping "liberalism" and particularly "white liberals" (race traitors) off the face of the earth. 

The world was a better place when civil rights laws governed public spaces and accommodations prohibiting discrimination of protected classes based on religion and when corporations weren’t people with the right to withhold healthcare it’s owners deemed controversial (like birth control meds).

There is a fight but one side is claiming persecution and is advancing the right to discriminate in a secular society all the while claiming those standing up for the unfortunate or less privileged are extremists.

It’s a sad day in America when standing up for equality and the less privileged - once ideals of our Country - is an extreme position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

Blow me.  I disagree with you speech is not the same thing as hate speech.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1