The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure if Q related, but I'm starting to see more posts on Facebook that Covid is a hoax in the sense that it's not that big of a deal and the people that are dying are people that would basically die with their next cold anyway.

Those are garden variety Republicans at this point.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Matuka said:

A few Qnuts are starting to become disillusioned though.  Many were banking on last Friday as start of "The Great Awakening".  This included mass arrests of liberal politicians, media members, Hollywood types and anyone else who has dared to ridicule them.

For most, however, it just meant moving the goalpost...again.

Whose more gullible? The Q Annons that think every famous person in politics and entertainment they don't like are pedophile human traffickers who are about to go to guantanamo? Or suicide bombers who think they are going to get 72 virgins on the other side? Neither have that "if it sounds too good to be true it's probably not" critical thinking function working. 

I mean at least the terrorists have a perverse reading of religious texts to back them up, better than 4Chan. 

9 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Whose more gullible? The Q Annons that think every famous person in politics and entertainment they don't like are pedophile human traffickers who are about to go to guantanamo? Or suicide bombers who think they are going to get 72 virgins on the other side? Neither have that "if it sounds too good to be true it's probably not" critical thinking function working. 

I mean at least the terrorists have a perverse reading of religious texts to back them up, better than 4Chan. 

Gullibility knows no political, religious or other affiliation.  No argument here.

• Like 1

It's come to DFW... 

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article241960861.html

"A bizarre online conspiracy fantasy about President Donald Trump overthrowing a satanic global ring of child molesters is being promoted by some local public officials and candidates.  On April 6, Colleyville Mayor Pro Tem Bobby Lindamood used his Facebook page to post the giant red-white-and-blue “Q” symbol of the delirious “QAnon” online alternate-reality fairytale.  He added followers’ not-so-secret code message, “Some know.”

...Some QAnon content also includes the “Punisher’s skull” emblem from the Marvel Comics character, a militia symbol of defiance against authority."

For those who follow the Fox News thread, Hannity wears a Punisher skull pin on his lapel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some of her video after the fact.  She's more than your garden variety nutjob; it was uncomfortable to watch and I had to bail after skimming through it for about 5-6 minutes.  At one point she called Trump "brilliant" so you know she's fucked up.

But seriously folks, she's needs to spend some time in a psyche ward.  

• smokes dope all day, had a bong in her hand the whole trip from IL to NY (I think MJ should be legal, but jesus...)
  • said to authorities "I am the corona virus".
  • said that Trump was directly speaking to her from his press conferences.
  • 18 knives were found in her car.
  • Looking for Biden in NYC; he doesn't live there.
  • did I say she called Trump "brilliant"?

Edited by Matuka

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

27841376-8271071-image-a-101_15882522280

Apparently she's a 37 year old stripper. Must be taking longer to save up for grad school than she originally intended. 

The cray cray sex is probably pretty good.

• Like 2

Mental health care in our nation is just abysmal. Not enough practitioners, not enough support, it's really sad.

I had asked about the Q people and although I don't spend a lot of time examining their universe and if I understand correctly researchers have studied why some folks are attracted to conspiracy theories and the like. I kept thinking of how they reminded me of something and today the penny dropped when I caught this random tweet:

A simple picture by an infamous person. And in her words, "down the rabbit hole." It was then that it struck me how much this Quniverse reminds me of the Harry Potter fandom during the period that author Rowling was still writing and publishing the series. Before anyone knew how it was all going to end. People had plenty of theories about the conclusion and so on, but there were multiple websites and fandoms and proponents of this clue or that clue and the 'Snape is misunderstood' or "Severus Snape is evil" groups would battle each other for days. I followed it through my children who, although were too young to participate in such stuff, were reading and being read to from the series and shared in the anticipation of when the final book would be forthcoming.

All that to say, if it were to only a fictional account that the fans were devoting themselves it might be harmless, but the darker side of this are the real lives that are affected.

A final note. That rose has no black spot on its leaves, quite a lovely specimen. Comey, or someone in his family, is a solid gardener. I'm battling the fungus on one of my roses now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mark Fuckerberg releases statement: "We are committed to connecting people. When more people are connected, great things can happen. Clearly, we need to do a better job of screening hateful and dangerous content from our platform, and for that we are sorry."

On 5/12/2020 at 8:34 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Meanwhile, on Texags

I've been following since Jan '18 and have had MANY moments of frustration with waiting "IT" to happen. I've read and studied hundreds of hours since learning of Q and it blows my mind to realize that after all of that, I've likely still underestimated how deep this nauseating swamp really runs.

I pray there are heads on pikes in the end and not just some 5-10 year prison sentences thrown out.

2zo1ki.jpg

• Haha 1

A thorough explanation of the origins of the QAnon cult...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_term=2020-05-14T04%3A00%3A25

If you were an adherent, no one would be able to tell. You would look like any other American. You could be a mother, picking leftovers off your toddler’s plate. You could be the young man in headphones across the street. You could be a bookkeeper, a dentist, a grandmother icing cupcakes in her kitchen. You may well have an affiliation with an evangelical church. But you are hard to identify just from the way you look—which is good, because someday soon dark forces may try to track you down. You understand this sounds crazy, but you don’t care. You know that a small group of manipulators, operating in the shadows, pull the planet’s strings. You know that they are powerful enough to abuse children without fear of retribution. You know that the mainstream media are their handmaidens, in partnership with Hillary Clinton and the secretive denizens of the deep state. You know that only Donald Trump stands between you and a damned and ravaged world. You see plague and pestilence sweeping the planet, and understand that they are part of the plan. You know that a clash between good and evil cannot be avoided, and you yearn for the Great Awakening that is coming. And so you must be on guard at all times. You must shield your ears from the scorn of the ignorant. You must find those who are like you. And you must be prepared to fight.

You know all this because you believe in Q.

Edited by Matuka

41 minutes ago, Matuka said:

A thorough explanation of the origins of Q Anon cult...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_term=2020-05-14T04%3A00%3A25

If you were an adherent, no one would be able to tell. You would look like any other American. You could be a mother, picking leftovers off your toddler’s plate. You could be the young man in headphones across the street. You could be a bookkeeper, a dentist, a grandmother icing cupcakes in her kitchen. You may well have an affiliation with an evangelical church. But you are hard to identify just from the way you look—which is good, because someday soon dark forces may try to track you down. You understand this sounds crazy, but you don’t care. You know that a small group of manipulators, operating in the shadows, pull the planet’s strings. You know that they are powerful enough to abuse children without fear of retribution. You know that the mainstream media are their handmaidens, in partnership with Hillary Clinton and the secretive denizens of the deep state. You know that only Donald Trump stands between you and a damned and ravaged world. You see plague and pestilence sweeping the planet, and understand that they are part of the plan. You know that a clash between good and evil cannot be avoided, and you yearn for the Great Awakening that is coming. And so you must be on guard at all times. You must shield your ears from the scorn of the ignorant. You must find those who are like you. And you must be prepared to fight.

You know all this because you believe in Q.

Shadowland on The Atlantic was a great entire set of works. That lady from Ohio is the perfect Qtard. Holy hell are we screwed all because people are too lazy to pay attention to proper source vetting in high school english and history classes.

"A final, unforeseen and particularly astounding finding emerged only after the participants had been debriefed. A full 25 per cent of the sample continued to retain beliefs in the made-up smoke detector conspiracy even after they had been told that the theory was false and had been made up by the researchers for the sole purpose of the study."

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/09/01/believing-widely-doubted-conspiracy-theories-makes-some-people-feel-special/

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"A final, unforeseen and particularly astounding finding emerged only after the participants had been debriefed. A full 25 per cent of the sample continued to retain beliefs in the made-up smoke detector conspiracy even after they had been told that the theory was false and had been made up by the researchers for the sole purpose of the study."

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/09/01/believing-widely-doubted-conspiracy-theories-makes-some-people-feel-special/

That’s 25% of the people who had only been exposed to this made up conspiracy for a short time period and weren’t spoon fed it over and over on 24 hour news for years. Add another 10 points to that and there’s the Dotard base. They are broken humans. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a way to have your Twitter account auto-block anyone with certain shit in their profile, like #WWG1WGA? Sorry, but checked my settings before and couldn't figure it out. I'm actually proud to admit I am only semi-literate in twittersphereshit.

You can block specific users but not preemptively based on their bio and you can go into your account settings and “mute” words and hashtags.

So, those QAnon hashtags they all use -#WGWTFLOLBBQ or whatever - go into your muted words and copy and paste it there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You know, sometimes I wonder if Fox Mulder was a bad influence on a generation of television watchers. I mean, people, come on. The truth IS out there. But it's a lot more mundane normal, 'sciency' and random than this. And shooting the truth with your pew pew rifle doesn't help you any either.