The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I ran across this article about why people believe conspiracy theories this morning, thought I would share.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/bad-thinkers?utm_source=pocket-newtab

That's a lotta words to say "because they're fucking idiots."

And trust me, I know how to "a lotta words," so let me summarize: it's because they're fucking idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Don't you have a party to go throw for the rightful release of the patriots Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn?

Was a little too on the head for you?

Bad Thinkers

Why do some people believe conspiracy theories? It’s not just who or what they know. It’s a matter of intellectual character.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Was a little too on the head for you?

Bad Thinkers

Why do some people believe conspiracy theories? It’s not just who or what they know. It’s a matter of intellectual character.

Ah, another piss and cheerios morning for you. Happy monday!

John Oliver's segment last night was on conspiracy theories. I didn't catch all of it, but here is the link if anyone would like to watch:

One thing that gets discussed, but often brushed aside is the people behind Q.

Trolls on 4chan is the original bit that I had heard, but admittedly, I don't explore there, I don't care to delve deeply into Q beyond just running across them all over social media. One thing I did notice is that recent loyalty oath a couple of weeks ago? A bunch of them appeared to be challenging each other to take some sort of Q oath. That got me to musing about a conspiracy within a conspiracy w/o putting a whole lot of research or thought into it. Essentially, if a group wanted to run a subversion campaign, almost like a Counter-COINTELPRO wherein a group is infiltrated in order to organize them (instead of disrupt and cause chaos) and push them toward the government instead of away from it. Hence the Q people who have successfully gotten elected recently. It's hooey, but knowing that most folks think they are loopy gives it momentum in a rather Tea Partyish way. I'd like to see the crossover between folks that are Q followers and folks that support the Freedom Caucus candidates more than other candidates.

This isn't my area, so further examination would likely reveal that I just inadvertently placed myself within the group of people subject to believing conspiracy theories. Haha!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I have a hunch there might be a Q Anon angle to that shooting at the Deutsche Bank / Epstein judge's house....Or maybe that is what they want us to believe. 

well the suspect turns out to be an incel attorney who appears to have flown to russia and brought back a bride who left him, who specialized in "anti-feminist" cases. So I'm sure there's absolutely zero qanon bullshit going on

59 minutes ago, Captainant said:

well the suspect turns out to be an incel attorney who appears to have flown to russia and brought back a bride who left him, who specialized in "anti-feminist" cases. So I'm sure there's absolutely zero qanon bullshit going on

Yeah...sort of Q-adjacent but not quite true Q. 

Twitter good to its word:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-bans-7-000-qanon-accounts-limits-150-000-others-n1234541?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts, limits 150,000 others as part of broad crackdown
The company will classify QAnon as coordinated harmful activity in part because of a rise in harassment targeting high-profile critics of the president.

I'm relatively new to this game, but the aforementioned John Oliver episode (and one of my closest friends from high school going WAAAAY off the deep end lately) had me going down the rabbit hole on QAnon. 

My favorite subsection:  JFK Jr. is not only alive, but is a huge Trump supporter(?), and is planning on replacing Pence as VP before the election.  Not sure what excuses I've heard about him not showing up yet, but I'm sure it's on par with Trump "wishing well" to Ghislaine Maxwell today.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/qanon-jfk-jr-conspiracy-theory-854938/

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how much of this whole thing wraps in with Russian (or whoever has interfered at this point. I've lost track of everyone who has at this point) interference. I can't help but think that outside tampering at the very least escalated what should have stayed as a fringe idea. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much of this whole thing wraps in with Russian (or whoever has interfered at this point. I've lost track of everyone who has at this point) interference. I can't help but think that outside tampering at the very least escalated what should have stayed as a fringe idea. 

This bullshit is pure d from the Heartland Evangelical Big Rock Candy Mountain American-made bullshit. The Russian mind is as incapable of coming up with this as I am of writing the Brothers Karamozov. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dbecks said:

I'm relatively new to this game, but the aforementioned John Oliver episode (and one of my closest friends from high school going WAAAAY off the deep end lately) had me going down the rabbit hole on QAnon. 

My favorite subsection:  JFK Jr. is not only alive, but is a huge Trump supporter(?), and is planning on replacing Pence as VP before the election.  Not sure what excuses I've heard about him not showing up yet, but I'm sure it's on par with Trump "wishing well" to Ghislaine Maxwell today.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/qanon-jfk-jr-conspiracy-theory-854938/

That's just a semi-insane Q branch. The real good stuff is to be found in the alien and time travel Q multiverse.

That said, I've always had a soft spot for the John-John disciples.

If anyone wants to set off some Q followers (on the heels of yesterday's Maxwell Mention in the presser), send them this tweet so they can go nuts over the 5G reference. Combined with Maxwell's having citizenship from the UK, should keep them busy for awhile....

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously, how can we allow this to go on?  This is literally a propaganda attack on America from a foreign power through our own fucking media.

We have sooo much work to do to unfuck everything. Once Democrats take control of Congress and White House, reforms of our institutions and media laws or whatever. Free speech should not apply to foreign propaganda cloaked in a “news network”. 

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

We have sooo much work to do to unfuck everything. Once Democrats take control of Congress and White House, reforms of our institutions and media laws or whatever. Free speech should not apply to foreign propaganda cloaked in a “news network”. 

This.  We have literally enabled enemy propaganda and project it from our own house.  Foreign ownership/operation of media needs to be clearly and conspicuously displayed.