The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I have a...theory...on why the mods are shutting it down - so they don't take up the mantle from Tiger Droppings as the #1 go-to laughingstock Q zone. People were starting to quote shit and tweet it out, etc. 

no, no, Slocum's Razor man. they probably just don't want to have the Feds asking em questions

• Hook 'Em 1

I had forgotten that years ago I learned that the sovereign citizens believe that you can write some sort of script in place of a license plate.  It’s like they are asking for the cops to give them shit. 

The cops get so frustrated with them that they probably head over to a minority neighborhood and assault some black folks or Hispanics to blow off steam. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

texags is shutting down their q thread.  

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/1367

incredible reading follows...the grievances of being censored.  the most amusing ones are the "i don't really believe this q stuff (despite having hundreds of posts on it), but this is censorship."  

owner is like we let 1,300 pages of "speech" occur on this topic.  instead of that being a moment of holy shit, we have 1300 pages of horseshit that never came true that we bought into, it is "that's a lot of advertising dollars."

They went from “booms are happening in August, wait...happening in Sept, umm ....happening in Oct, happening in Nov, buckle up for December, just wait for January 100% sleepy Joe will never take office!!!!” to “I never said anything was going to happen, I’m just asking questions.”

11 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

They went from “booms are happening in August, wait...happening in Sept, umm ....happening in Oct, happening in Nov, buckle up for December, just wait for January 100% sleepy Joe will never take office!!!!” to “I never said anything was going to happen, I’m just asking questions.”

That's ok.  They'll just put a "Q-Anon National Championship 2020" sign up on Kyle Field, and call it a win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Pretty good article from BBC. Seems there's some hope that the Qtards will slowly come out of their spell.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-55746304

Parts of the article made me say "WTF, I MEAN WTF?"

Some influential accounts told followers to keep the faith and not give up so easily.

One popular Telegram channel reassured its 130,000 subscribers that Mr Trump and the "Q" team were still in control behind the scenes, and the "evil deeds" of the deep state would be exposed "over the next four years".

Some doubled down, criticising those who in their view had rushed to judgement.

One claimed Mr Biden was running his administration as an inmate inside a military compound, but he "doesn't know it yet".

I wandered into the Texags Q thread, and they were dissecting pictures of the carpet in the real Oval Office, against pictures of of a fake Oval Office from a LA movie set. These people are fucking insane.

Spoiler

Biden inauguration leaves QAnon believers in disarray

By Shayan Sardarizadeh and Olga Robinson
BBC Monitoring

Published
6 hours ago
A Trump supporter wears face paint at a protest in Washington, DCIMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionInfluential QAnon figures were among those who joined the Capitol riots

Followers of the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory are divided after Joe Biden's inauguration confounded their predictions that Donald Trump would remain president in order to punish his enemies in the "deep state".

Many reacted with shock and despair as Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th US president.

"I just want to throw up," said one in a popular chat on the Telegram messaging app. "I'm so sick of all the disinformation and false hope."

Others insisted "the plan" had not failed, finding new theories to latch on to.

For weeks, QAnon followers had been promoting 20 January as a day of reckoning, when prominent Democrats and other elite "Satanic paedophiles" would be arrested and executed on the orders of President Trump.

But, as Mr Biden took his oath and no arrests were made, some in the QAnon community had an uncomfortable meeting with reality.

"It's done and we were played," wrote another.

Joe Biden is sworn inIMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionJoe Biden's inauguration passed off without major incident, dashing the hopes of Q followers

In the hours that followed, thousands more made similar comments on platforms like Gab, Telegram and other online forums where believers go to discuss the conspiracy, after being kicked off mainstream social media in the wake of the Capitol riots.

Doubt even seeped into posts by some of the biggest influencers of the movement, as some started to question the phrase "Trust the plan" - a key QAnon slogan that has been used by "Q", an anonymous figure whom followers believe to be an influential government insider.

"This is a very difficult day for all of us," said one influencer whose Twitter account with 200,000 followers was recently suspended.

"Today's inauguration makes no sense to the Christian patriots and we thought 'the plan' was the way we would take this country back."

One woman whose husband is a QAnon follower told the BBC that inauguration day had been "the most disappointing" of his life.

She's hopeful Wednesday's events may have shaken his faith in the conspiracy, but fears what comes next.

"I'm not a told-you-so kind of person and never seek to belittle or humiliate," she said, adding that his beliefs had put a strain on their marriage in recent months.

media captionA historic inauguration in unusual times

The QAnon community "risks fracturing", said another influencer on Gab, a right-wing social media platform, adding that "real friendships might be irreparably damaged because people are angry".

The widely accepted belief within the movement was that at some point before Joe Biden stepped on the stage to take the presidential oath, members of the military - on the orders of Mr Trump - would intervene to arrest Mr Biden and his wife along with Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Barack and Michelle Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton, George and Laura Bush and other members of "the deep state".

A number of extremist and neo-Nazi Telegram channels have already tried to capitalise on the chaos in the QAnon community, asking their members to seek out and convert distraught followers.

Screenshots of a post by a QAnon influencer saying: "I will continue speaking truth. I have not given up. I still have faith. I still know that God Wins."IMAGE COPYRIGHTGAB
image captionSome QAnon influencers refused to give up after the promised day of reckoning failed to materialise

Some influential accounts told followers to keep the faith and not give up so easily.

One popular Telegram channel reassured its 130,000 subscribers that Mr Trump and the "Q" team were still in control behind the scenes, and the "evil deeds" of the deep state would be exposed "over the next four years".

One claimed Mr Biden was running his administration as an inmate inside a military compound, but he "doesn't know it yet".

Later in the day, Ron Watkins, one of the most influential figures in the QAnon community, called on his followers to move on - to the surprise of many observers.

The son of Jim Watkins, the man behind 8chan and 8kun - message boards filled with extreme language and views, violence and extreme sexual content on which "Q" posts - the younger Watkins has been one of the main purveyors of election conspiracies and played a vital role in encouraging some QAnon supporters to gather in Washington DC on 6 January.

"We gave it our all," he said to his 120,000 subscribers on Telegram.

"Now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as best we are able."

Screenshot of a post by Ron Watkins, a popular QAnon influencer, on Telegram, telling followers they have a responsibility to respect the Constitution, and urging them to remember all the friends and happy memories they made togetherIMAGE COPYRIGHTTELEGRAM
image captionRon Watkins, a prominent QAnon influencer, appeared to throw in the towel after the inauguration

As inauguration day drew to a close, QAnon communities were still filled with mixed emotions.

Some said they were waiting for "Q", who has been largely silent since election day, to post as they had so many unanswered questions.

And some expressed hope that Mr Trump would communicate directly with them soon.

A considerable chunk of the community remains steadfast in their belief, urging one another to remain patient and keep the faith.

It is difficult to predict where the movement goes from here.

But some experts and researchers think that QAnon, which has successfully duped hundreds of thousands of followers into thinking they alone could stop a global cabal of criminals ruling the world, will not simply vanish overnight.

Followers "will likely remain a threat until they can exit the QAnon space", tweeted extremism researcher Marc-Andre Argentino.

"Even without QAnon, without 'Q', without Trump, the core elements that lead these individuals to believe in QAnon will still remain and they will need to find outlets for their conspiratorial mindsets and their anti-democratic ideals," he added.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Pretty good article from BBC. Seems there's some hope that the Qtards will slowly come out of their spell.

Reveal hidden contents

BBC Monitoring

Published
6 hours ago
A Trump supporter wears face paint at a protest in Washington, DCIMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionInfluential QAnon figures were among those who joined the Capitol riots

Followers of the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory are divided after Joe Biden's inauguration confounded their predictions that Donald Trump would remain president in order to punish his enemies in the "deep state".

Many reacted with shock and despair as Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th US president.

"I just want to throw up," said one in a popular chat on the Telegram messaging app. "I'm so sick of all the disinformation and false hope."

For weeks, QAnon followers had been promoting 20 January as a day of reckoning, when prominent Democrats and other elite "Satanic paedophiles" would be arrested and executed on the orders of President Trump.

But, as Mr Biden took his oath and no arrests were made, some in the QAnon community had an uncomfortable meeting with reality.

image captionJoe Biden's inauguration passed off without major incident, dashing the hopes of Q followers

In the hours that followed, thousands more made similar comments on platforms like Gab, Telegram and other online forums where believers go to discuss the conspiracy, after being kicked off mainstream social media in the wake of the Capitol riots.

Doubt even seeped into posts by some of the biggest influencers of the movement, as some started to question the phrase "Trust the plan" - a key QAnon slogan that has been used by "Q", an anonymous figure whom followers believe to be an influential government insider.

"This is a very difficult day for all of us," said one influencer whose Twitter account with 200,000 followers was recently suspended.

"Today's inauguration makes no sense to the Christian patriots and we thought 'the plan' was the way we would take this country back."

One woman whose husband is a QAnon follower told the BBC that inauguration day had been "the most disappointing" of his life.

She's hopeful Wednesday's events may have shaken his faith in the conspiracy, but fears what comes next.

"I'm not a told-you-so kind of person and never seek to belittle or humiliate," she said, adding that his beliefs had put a strain on their marriage in recent months.

The QAnon community "risks fracturing", said another influencer on Gab, a right-wing social media platform, adding that "real friendships might be irreparably damaged because people are angry".

The widely accepted belief within the movement was that at some point before Joe Biden stepped on the stage to take the presidential oath, members of the military - on the orders of Mr Trump - would intervene to arrest Mr Biden and his wife along with Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Barack and Michelle Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton, George and Laura Bush and other members of "the deep state".

A number of extremist and neo-Nazi Telegram channels have already tried to capitalise on the chaos in the QAnon community, asking their members to seek out and convert distraught followers.

Screenshots of a post by a QAnon influencer saying: "I will continue speaking truth. I have not given up. I still have faith. I still know that God Wins."IMAGE COPYRIGHTGAB
image captionSome QAnon influencers refused to give up after the promised day of reckoning failed to materialise

Later in the day, Ron Watkins, one of the most influential figures in the QAnon community, called on his followers to move on - to the surprise of many observers.

The son of Jim Watkins, the man behind 8chan and 8kun - message boards filled with extreme language and views, violence and extreme sexual content on which "Q" posts - the younger Watkins has been one of the main purveyors of election conspiracies and played a vital role in encouraging some QAnon supporters to gather in Washington DC on 6 January.

"Now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as best we are able."

Screenshot of a post by Ron Watkins, a popular QAnon influencer, on Telegram, telling followers they have a responsibility to respect the Constitution, and urging them to remember all the friends and happy memories they made togetherIMAGE COPYRIGHTTELEGRAM
image captionRon Watkins, a prominent QAnon influencer, appeared to throw in the towel after the inauguration

As inauguration day drew to a close, QAnon communities were still filled with mixed emotions.

Some said they were waiting for "Q", who has been largely silent since election day, to post as they had so many unanswered questions.

And some expressed hope that Mr Trump would communicate directly with them soon.

A considerable chunk of the community remains steadfast in their belief, urging one another to remain patient and keep the faith.

But some experts and researchers think that QAnon, which has successfully duped hundreds of thousands of followers into thinking they alone could stop a global cabal of criminals ruling the world, will not simply vanish overnight.

Followers "will likely remain a threat until they can exit the QAnon space", tweeted extremism researcher Marc-Andre Argentino.

"Even without QAnon, without 'Q', without Trump, the core elements that lead these individuals to believe in QAnon will still remain and they will need to find outlets for their conspiratorial mindsets and their anti-democratic ideals," he added.

What does it say about my friend that when he reads BBC it auto translates in his head to big black cock?

51 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I wandered into the Texags Q thread, and they were dissecting pictures of the carpet in the real Oval Office, against pictures of of a fake Oval Office from a LA movie set. These people are fucking insane.

Reveal hidden contents

BBC Monitoring

Published
6 hours ago

From qconline:

Believe it or not: Some still think Apollo 11 moon landing was fake |  National | qconline.com

image.jpeg

We like to refer to Q followers as crazy, but I'd like people to understand that as a group they are neither clinically nor legally insane. They have bizarre, unfounded beliefs that cannot be shaken, which is often the hallmark of a delusional disorder. However, it is shared by so many people that it stops becoming truly and uniquely bizarre. Clinically speaking, the fact that so many other espouse the same beliefs makes it more "normal" and less "delusional." Delusions are usually idiosyncratic, even if they carry common themes of government surveillance, grandiosity, romantic attraction, or other themes. I say this because as a forensic psychologist I've done lots of forensic mental health evals on Q people, sovereign citizens, etc to ferret out potential mental illness. Almost invariably, I arrive at the opinion that they merely espouse unusual beliefs but do not meet criteria for a delusional belief system. Some do, but they are usually far sicker than the people in these videos.  What that means is that they don't meet criteria for an illness that could be the basis for a mental health defense. 

Similarly, they rarely meet criteria for "legal insanity," which is different than clinical insanity. Clinical insanity (no longer a term of art, but I use it as a counterpoint to the term "legal insanity") is meeting criteria for an identified mental illness as classified by medically-accepted diagnostic guidelines. Legal insanity (in lay terms) refers to a substantial inability for a person to know right from wrong (or in some states, to stop themselves from criminal activity even when knowing right from wrong) because of a mental illness. Clearly the people in those videos (P Barnes guy and Black's Law Dictionary woman) knew right from wrong and were well within their capacities to comport their behavior to the law -- they simply chose not to, because of strong yet totally inaccurate beliefs. 

Because they don't usually meet either definition of insanity, these Q people, sovereign citizens, truthers, and the like will almost always be held culpable for their behavior. I want people to understand that even though they say crazy stuff, the courts are going to find them culpable for their crimes.  

the_more_you_know2_400x400.jpg&f=1&nofb=

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

We like to refer to Q followers as crazy, but I'd like people to understand that as a group they are neither clinically nor legally insane. They have bizarre, unfounded beliefs that cannot be shaken, which is often the hallmark of a delusional disorder. However, it is shared by so many people that it stops becoming truly and uniquely bizarre. Clinically speaking, the fact that so many other espouse the same beliefs makes it more "normal" and less "delusional." Delusions are usually idiosyncratic, even if they carry common themes of government surveillance, grandiosity, romantic attraction, or other themes. I say this because as a forensic psychologist I've done lots of forensic mental health evals on Q people, sovereign citizens, etc to ferret out potential mental illness. Almost invariably, I arrive at the opinion that they merely espouse unusual beliefs but do not meet criteria for a delusional belief system. Some do, but they are usually far sicker than the people in these videos.  What that means is that they don't meet criteria for an illness that could be the basis for a mental health defense. 

Similarly, they rarely meet criteria for "legal insanity," which is different than clinical insanity. Clinical insanity (no longer a term of art, but I use it as a counterpoint to the term "legal insanity") is meeting criteria for an identified mental illness as classified by medically-accepted diagnostic guidelines. Legal insanity (in lay terms) refers to a substantial inability for a person to know right from wrong (or in some states, to stop themselves from criminal activity even when knowing right from wrong) because of a mental illness. Clearly the people in those videos (P Barnes guy and Black's Law Dictionary woman) knew right from wrong and were well within their capacities to comport their behavior to the law -- they simply chose not to, because of strong yet totally inaccurate beliefs. 

Because they don't usually meet either definition of insanity, these Q people, sovereign citizens, truthers, and the like will almost always be held culpable for their behavior. I want people to understand that even though they say crazy stuff, the courts are going to find them culpable for their crimes.  

the_more_you_know2_400x400.jpg&f=1&nofb=

So they’re just assholes?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’m watching an episode of FBI: most wanted (cbs procedural) right now and they are using qanon, but they changed it to Z-All. Same beliefs. FBI are chasing radicalized elements who are taking hits from other users on people who are part of the child trafficking ring and whatnot. 

wonder how long ago this was written and filmed. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I had forgotten that years ago I learned that the sovereign citizens believe that you can write some sort of script in place of a license plate.  It’s like they are asking for the cops to give them shit. 

The cops get so frustrated with them that they probably head over to a minority neighborhood and assault some black folks or Hispanics to blow off steam. 

I went down the YouTube hole a bit watching the videos of sovcits finding out.  I was shocked at how many of them were black.  I mean... that’s death wish territory.  

Dumb question but how do I access their forums or whatever? I keep seeing screenshots of believers freaking out on "Q" but is there an actual website?
I have read they have migrated from 8chan to 8kun but can't find it.
Gab.com has some crazy shit on it.
Sorry in advance I'd links to Q have already been posted

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

This. Now they're talking about how Q was really all about some kind of crowdsourcing techonology. There are serious posts that could be titled, "What Q means to me." Many are saying it was about discovery and opening your mind, regardless if it was all nonsense.

It is about finding the truth, a worthwhile pursuit.

I my self never saw the Q team claim to be prophetic. But what Q did do is reveal a lot of truth, never sought glory or monetization for itself, and constantly pushed people to "do their own research and think for themselves".  

The Q also woke and educated MILLIONS of people to the information/disinformation manipulation that have been being used on us the American public. And for that I will be forever grateful. 

QAnon: it's a search for truth, it's a fellowship of truth seekers, it's a lesson, it's call to action, it's a troll, it's a deep state psyop, it's a prophecy, it's a mysterious dream, it's a science, it's a purpose, it's a hobby, it's a forum for discussion, it's a floor wax and a desert topping!

Yes, my friends, QAnon is so many things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Dumb question but how do I access their forums or whatever? I keep seeing screenshots of believers freaking out on "Q" but is there an actual website?
I have read they have migrated from 8chan to 8kun but can't find it.
Gab.com has some crazy shit on it.
Sorry in advance I'd links to Q have already been posted

Texags.com

Probably the scariest thing about QAnon's reckoning is this: These people are DEVASTATED that liberals are not being rounded up and summarily executed. None of them are like, "So this satanic pedophile stuff was all bullshit? Oh thank God. Hillary Clinton really is just a bitch I don't like and not a sex trafficker? Huh." 

These people aren't relieved that the terrifying prophecies and secrets of Q are not real - they're pissed

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Probably the scariest thing about QAnon's reckoning is this: These people are DEVASTATED that liberals are not being rounded up and summarily executed. None of them are like, "So this satanic pedophile stuff was all bullshit? Oh thank God. Hillary Clinton really is just a bitch I don't like and not a sex trafficker? Huh." 
These people aren't relieved that the terrifying prophecies and secrets of Q are not real - they're pissed

A whole bunch of this.

The thing is, they DO still believe in all of the underlying “facts” of Q - all Dems ARE part of a pedophile cabal that drinks the blood of children and all other manner of crimes. No, the only thing that turned out to be wrong was the prediction that Trump would save us all from their evil.

So, they’re waiting on the next savior to save us from ....Hillary and the Jews drinking the blood of 800,000 children a year.

They’re fucking irredeemable.

32 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're going to see a handful of them publicly pop off in the next 6 months or so in a frantic attempt to "save children" or "expose the canal." We've already seen a few Q murders, kidnappings, and other crimes committed by the more loony of their club.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re fucking irredeemable.

And absolutely PERFECT candidates for a real fascist movement:

1) Staggering credulity 

2) Abandonment of individuality

3) Hatred of the media

4) Hatred of liberals

5) Anti-democratic

6) Crazy performative patriotism

7) Steady diet of nothing but propaganda (OAN, Fox News, Newsmax)

8) Fanaticism

I could go on. QAnon was yearning for fucking show trials, a military takeover, and the eradication of enemies, and all using religious rhetoric. These people are fascists. "Are we gonna split hairs here? Am I wrong?" 

I need to go dust off my copy of "the True Believer." 

Edited by Grandioso
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Hide contents

BBC Monitoring

Published
6 hours ago

giphy.gif

Thanks for the long excerpt. That is Q in its glory. Uneducated and unadulterated bullshit - pretending to be a secret mission. 

Reason No. 1 why a well-rounded education is remain vital to democracy.

Q is now pushing anti-catholicism and fucking art in the Capitol as proof of a conspiracy.

TLDR: The Founders took pride in the fact they were among the world's thought leaders - during the Age of Enlightenment in Western Thought. The Founders dreamed of big questions and went to the foundation of democracy - and why it is just. They celebrated the thinkers. Our nation's purpose is the betterment of humankind. Our nation is a product of the Enlightenment. 

Next will be Q in the age of enlightenment - a grand parade of deviants were celebrated by those in DC.  

Of course the Enlightened love to dream of the days of old. Aristotle and Plato will be repulsive to cuers. The Roman Republic will fool them. They will get lost in the age of kings and queens, and not really understand Protestants. When they get to the fancy boys of the Enlightenment, they are going to lose their shit (or fall in love with the women of that age, also thinkers in their own right).

They have no idea this nation was founded on the common good. 

1. To the Q'ers out there - time to bail. Chalk it up to a War of the Worlds experiment gone bad.
  2. Reconnect with facts.
    1. Associated Press news is straight news.
    2. Stop watching and listening to opinion. That's what got you here.
    3. Here is the Associated Press link:  https://apnews.com/  Make it a favorite - make it your home page.
  3. If you hold a BA and fell for the scam - please return your diploma.
  4. This prank was directed at business majors (not dumb, but history was boring as a subject) and small business owners.
  5. If you fell for it hook, line and sinker, 
    1. Someone close to you will need to monitor your "facts"
      1. you were fed thousands of lies and your truth meter may need a little fine tuning. 
    2. Get used to people politely saying - "You know, the person who came with that - lied and I am sorry so many innocent people were swept up in that lie. That wasn't a kind thing to do to kind people - like you. It was kind of like the War of Worlds on PCP, no?"
    3. Poke fun at yourself. 

you got carried away - caught up in a fever. Plug back into the main channel. Associated Press/Reuters only as you catch up to the flow of facts in the non-Q world. Safe journey back. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandioso said:

"Heeey, Rainy Face. I know you had your heart set rounding up liberals and executing them, but sometimes life doesn't turn out the way we want. You think life's a soft breeze blowing on your dick, but then you look down there and it's ebola. Snap! But life ain't all bad. Why, there's still the pandemic and that's bound to kill a whole mess of libtards. So come on now and show me that Freedom Hero Warrior I know, cuz I sure do miss him... Whoooo's my lil Freedom Hero Warrior?" *tickles nose with daisy*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Grandioso said:

This. Now they're talking about how Q was really all about some kind of crowdsourcing techonology. There are serious posts that could be titled, "What Q means to me." Many are saying it was about discovery and opening your mind, regardless if it was all nonsense.

QAnon: it's a search for truth, it's a fellowship of truth seekers, it's a lesson, it's call to action, it's a troll, it's a deep state psyop, it's a prophecy, it's a mysterious dream, it's a science, it's a purpose, it's a hobby, it's a forum for discussion, it's a floor wax and a desert topping!

Yes, my friends, QAnon is so many things. 

Yeah I've seen a fair bit of stuff like "Well, at least it got me back to prayin' like I used to when I was a kid" and then that one high profile one from near the source that said something like "just remember all the good times and the friends you made along the way."

So I guess some of them might settle for these:

51h2kBqXP2L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Man, this chart. It's just absolutely terrible.

Yeah, there's some stuff that's correct and a lot that's wrong.  Breitbart, for example, belongs in the "serious problems with reliability and extremism."  Don't get me started on where they have OAN and Newsmax.

Likewise, look where Jacobin is.  Come on, this is a publication that talks about how awesome the actual Bolsheviks were and is named after a group that cut off a bunch of heads.  Let's go ahead and not be afraid to put that in the firm "hyper-partisan left" box, hmm? It's not quite "The Nation" style liberalism. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have been irritated by the appropriation of the term "Q" because until about five years ago it was strictly the provenance of extremely dry conversations in theological research circles doing legitimate forensic literary analysis. It's the difference between a dissertation on how the various sources of Buddhist sutras might have been influenced by geopolitical change in the Indian subcontinent over the last three millennia vs. dropping acid and listening to "The Wall" at full blast during the new moon.
I'm down for that last bit!

12 hours ago, Foosters said:

Yeah I'm just not sure what to think that the tow truck driver show on Weather Channel has a left leaning bias.  I guess it is Canadian...

And oh wow, on the new chart the right wing appears to be detaching and heading in a different direction than the middle/left.  And the Weather Channel no longer rates? WTF?

15 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

This is 100% right. AP and Reuters are the most reliable, least biased sources out there. 

Media-Bias-Chart-5.1-Licensed.jpg&f=1&no

12 hours ago, Foosters said:

Seriously, the Weather Channel is straight communist propaganda. Don’t tell me it’s going to rain tomorrow. Only God and John Titor know the future.

15 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

This is 100% right. AP and Reuters are the most reliable, least biased sources out there. 

Media-Bias-Chart-5.1-Licensed.jpg&f=1&no

The chart creates the perception there is an ideological balance in the information space.  For every slanted left source there is an equally slanted right source available. I’m not sure I agree with that since it’s not adjusted for reach and audience numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

That media chart doesn't include the 50 youtube personalities and influencers from which QAnon supporters get their information.

I get all my news from Tik Tok "TruthslayerWWG1WGA"

Those are the DJ Monroe of the chart, they are so far right they aren't even on the playing field.

greg davis | mgoblog

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3