The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

No no no no no no
NO

Those traitors were business owners and CTOs making $250,000 and cops and defense contractors and realtors who flew to DC on PRIVATE FUCKING JETS.

Quit excusing racist traitorous violent thugs with this “economic anxiety” bullshittery, Bernie.

God.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Wow, I know y'all get sensitive when non-Democrats like me shit on some of your party leadership.  But for a guy that really seemed to have his finger on the pulse of things in 2016, that was just a horrible, horrible take by Bernie. 

He accurately described the mindset and challenges of millions of working families in this country.  But then his M. Night surprise ending wasn't about progressive policy, but rather "TA-DA.....and that, kids, is how Qanon is made!"  What a fucking schlub. 

And also, how fucking condescending.  "I get what you're going through 'Working Poor America', and when you quit falling for stupid stuff like conspiracy theories...I'd appreciate your support next election."  Anyway, I'm sure my take is wrong and he's still a pillar of the party, or not of the party, whatever the fuck y'all call him nowadays. Good luck with this guy, seems real connected to what's going on out here in the middle of the country.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow, I know y'all get sensitive when non-Democrats like me shit on some of your party leadership. 

I don't have a general opinion of you. I will say that it's opening sentences like this that rub people the wrong way. Just state your opinion without starting off with an unsubstantiated claim about a lot of people.

Who is the "y'all" to whom you refer? GOPs cling to their leaders as though they are the messiah. Seventy million voters for a lying fraud like Trump out front should have told you. I can't think of anyone here who hasn't criticized Dem leadership. I also can't think of anyone blindly defending  a Dem leader. 

I vote Dem. I'm not a Bernie Bro. He's made some very good points at different times. This opinion, as represented here, is idiotic even though he is not an idiot. I don't want him to be president.

My only guess as to why you make your absurd opening claim is that you mistake defense and admiration for someone like AOC as being "sensitive." She has been intentionally misquoted, persecuted for dancing on a rooftop while in college, and falsely labeled stupid by GOPs who thought they'd found a new woman of color to use as a punching bag. Of course, she destroyed them with ripostes and didn't need help defending herself, but many of us countered points made on this site by the usual amateur operatives.

I'm likely belaboring my point. I have no negative opinion of you and don't accuse you of the examples I list above. Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to blanket assumptions whose roots have not found basis in reality.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was attempting to establish a preface about Bernie before I laid into him, message received.  Plus, my condemnation of Trump and his minions is well documented here, and has been well received.   But to this day, whenever I question or berate high-level Democrats (or former 'D' presidential candidates), I still get lots of shit (some if it certainly deserved, but not all or even most).  I have grave concerns about Pelosi, Hillary, Bernie, Schumer, Breyer, O'Rourke, et. al.  Apparently y'all do as well, but I get shit about it as a matter of course.  I was being defensive with that opening claim, my bad.  If it hadn't been for my comment about Pelosi last week that was met with several posts about she's already being held to task by loyal Democrats and there's no room for people like me to chime in, I wouldn't have bothered with that statement...again...my bad.  (And for the record-I have never attacked AOC personally.  Just her policy positions).   

A point I'd love to drive home with the Bernie's and the Trump's of the world is simply---the disruption in the two major parties you caused created millions and millions of people like me.  Politically engaged, target demographics, influence over community, but now---men with no country.  The stakes are too high to meddle with Libertarian and Green Party identities.  And we can't just sit out election after election because nothing suits our ideology anymore.  We are used to voting, we are used to contributing, we are used to volunteering, we even bundle and lobby.  And both parties are just sending out one disconnected shitbag after another to tell us what we're thinking.  I'm gonna tear down shitbags when I see 'em, I don't care who it offends and I don't care what party they occupy.  I worked my fucking tail off putting together a healthy six figure raise for Biden here in Texas, not because I like him but because he was my best change to destroy Trumpism and Empowered Stupidity.  And I will do whatever I can to help Bernie Sanders go the fuck away for eternity.  The man no longer serves this nation.  I appreciate some of what's done in the past, but he's dismissed with my best wishes.  Millions of us are tired of this shit, hence my lame preface.  I'm tired of people hearing my name or zip code and assuming I'm for Trump.  I'm tired of people seeing what I look like and hearing me speak Spanish and assuming I'm for Democrats.  Fuck Pelosi.  Fuck Trump.  Fuck Bernie.  Fuck McConnell.  Burn it all. 

tl;dr---Some disenfranchised take up arms, buy into conspiracies, or sack Capitols.  The other wave of disenfranchised people like many of us take a different tack.  No violence.  No protesting.  Just work to ensure that the walking dead get buried.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Wow, I know y'all get sensitive when non-Democrats like me shit on some of your party leadership.  But for a guy that really seemed to have his finger on the pulse of things in 2016, that was just a horrible, horrible take by Bernie. 

He accurately described the mindset and challenges of millions of working families in this country.  But then his M. Night surprise ending wasn't about progressive policy, but rather "TA-DA.....and that, kids, is how Qanon is made!"  What a fucking schlub. 

And also, how fucking condescending.  "I get what you're going through 'Working Poor America', and when you quit falling for stupid stuff like conspiracy theories...I'd appreciate your support next election."  Anyway, I'm sure my take is wrong and he's still a pillar of the party, or not of the party, whatever the fuck y'all call him nowadays. Good luck with this guy, seems real connected to what's going on out here in the middle of the country.  

D2E7DF68-064E-4FF3-B207-BAFE6C0D2A71.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

^

Oh, I like that.  I like that very much.  I've read Intelligence Deficit.  But deficits aren't bad anymore because of Trump.  Poverty of Intelligence leading to Empowered Stupidity?  Excuse me, I have shirts to order. 

Didn’t know where to post this but meeting a buddy at a Waffle House before we go check out a motorcycle he’s looking to buy.

Just shoulder checked the fuck out of a cunt wearing an “Alex Jones Did Nothing Wrong “ shirt.  

Him: “excuse me?”

Me: blank stare back

Him: walk away.

Food deed for day done.

I went to HS with this guy, Greg.

His ex divorced him because after an auto accident caused a TBI, he went crazy onboard with Trump & is now one of the biggest Qcumbers on my FB list.

Refuses to get vaccinated even though he has an adult child with severe CO & the son is frequently an extended stay patient in hospital with lung issues.

Remarried an RN & recently said "There is no way I can be racist - I'm married to a Korean & my 1st wife is a jew!"

8413332c216c080a3c45efdc073069fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4106aae51b5d05fd265eaa92ad4532a4.jpg

On 4/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, Bama Chick said:

No no no no no no
NO

Those traitors were business owners and CTOs making $250,000 and cops and defense contractors and realtors who flew to DC on PRIVATE FUCKING JETS.

Quit excusing racist traitorous violent thugs with this “economic anxiety” bullshittery, Bernie.

God.

Bernie is not incorrect on AN (not the) origin of this populist right movement.  https://faculty.uml.edu/sgallagher/Trump_Populism_Norris.pdf

The confounding part is how many of them turn their backs on those who will help them the most. 

Self-loathing economic refugees. 

Edited by washparkhorn
added citation. Changed from the cause to a cause
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Kinda sorta demonstrating gun safety there, as you'd expect from a former MP...whose men wanted to frag him.

I bet there's a dusty Army field manual somewhere that shows how to rig that snub-nose pistol up with a protractor, and convert it into a mini-mortar capable of delivering harassing fire into dead zones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

There are a lot of blue collar and rural white people who are well below the peak of the bell curve in terms of income and net worth who 50 years ago would have been closer to the middle.  They are struggling and are angry and frustrated that their contract with America is becoming more and more a one-sided affair.  A context established largely by economically elite conservative ding dongs who seek to consolidate wealth and power in the hands of a traditional few.

Trump showed all those conservative ding dongs that the misery and anger of the masses were being underutilized as political capital.  That you don't have to substantively help those people.  You just have to tell them your enemies are theirs and then yell at your enemies like hell.   Those struggling masses will love you for it, shower you with what little they have to spare, rise against your enemies at your call and, best of all, never connect the dots to who is really responsible for reneging on their American dream.

That's where Mark Burnett came in with repackaging Trump on television as the successful business man. Anyone with knowledge of Trump prior to that rolled their eyes, but there are a lot of people who are also below the bell curve on taking initiative to pay attention to details and alarm bells when assessing candidates. Trump is their Pied Piper of promises rolling into town as the outsider, just as they are on the sidewalk noses pressed against the glass. He invited them into the rallies and beguiled them and they can no longer quit that feeling and will chase it as long as they can.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That's where Mark Burnett came in with repackaging Trump on television as the successful business man. Anyone with knowledge of Trump prior to that rolled their eyes, but there are a lot of people who are also below the bell curve on taking initiative to pay attention to details and alarm bells when assessing candidates. Trump is their Pied Piper of promises rolling into town as the outsider, just as they are on the sidewalk noses pressed against the glass. He invited them into the rallies and beguiled them and they can no longer quit that feeling and will chase it as long as they can.

Spent a week with some friends up in Montana back in March. Talk briefly drifted into politics and Trump and was quickly squashed when we all understood that we did not think alike in the matter. But one thing was said that I took notice of and had to force myself not to respond to was that hey trump might not be the best guy to have a beer or be buddies with but he is the guy you want running your company.  It should be legal and encouraged to slap people that espouse such misinformed opinions. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Spent a week with some friends up in Montana back in March. Talk briefly drifted into politics and Trump and was quickly squashed when we all understood that we did not think alike in the matter. But one thing was said that I took notice of and had to force myself not to respond to was that hey trump might not be the best guy to have a beer or be buddies with but he is the guy you want running your company.  It should be legal and encouraged to slap people that espouse such misinformed opinions. 

It's always so tempting to ask, "so what was it that sealed these admirable aspects of corporate leadership for you? The profiting from illegal labor? The money laundering? The tax evasion? How to dodge bankruptcy when you've lost millions? The misogyny and racism? The connection with John Casablancas, known exploiter of beautiful teenagers? What?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I will support the immediate arrest of those four if we can have the immediate cardiac arrest of Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Rupert Murdoch and Roger Stone.

People can recovery from cardiac arrest. 

Edited by Dahobbs

On 5/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, Goredho said:

There are a lot of blue collar and rural white people who are well below the peak of the bell curve in terms of income and net worth who 50 years ago would have been closer to the middle.  They are struggling and are angry and frustrated that their contract with America is becoming more and more a one-sided affair.  A context established largely by economically elite conservative ding dongs who seek to consolidate wealth and power in the hands of a traditional few.

Trump showed all those conservative ding dongs that the misery and anger of the masses were being underutilized as political capital.  That you don't have to substantively help those people.  You just have to tell them your enemies are theirs and then yell at your enemies like hell.   Those struggling masses will love you for it, shower you with what little they have to spare, rise against your enemies at your call and, best of all, never connect the dots to who is really responsible for reneging on their American dream.

Yep. Easily duped. Donald Trump was good at acting on one piece of knowledge: there's a sucker born every minute, and many of them will vote for you if you tell them what they want to hear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.axios.com/qanon-churches-popular-religion-conspiracy-theory-c5bcce08-8f6e-4501-8cb2-9e38a2346c2f.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

QAnon conspiracy theories have burrowed so deeply into American churches that pastors are expressing alarm — and a new poll shows the bogus teachings have become as widespread as some denominations.

Why it matters: The problem with misinformation and disinformation is that people — lots of people — believe it. And they don't believe reality coming from the media and even their ministers. 

Russell Moore, one of America's most respected evangelical Christian thinkers, told me he's "talking literally every day to pastors, of virtually every denomination, who are exhausted by these theories blowing through their churches or communities."

Several pastors told me that they once had to talk to parents dismayed about the un-Christian beliefs of their grown children," Moore added. But now, the tables have turned.

That stunning window into the country's congregations followed a major poll, out last week: 15% of Americans, the poll found, agree with the QAnon contention that "the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation."

That's more than 1 in 6. The online poll was taken by Ipsos in March for the Public Religion Research Institute and Interfaith Youth Core. (Poll: 5,625 U.S. adults. Margin of error for full survey: ±1.5%)

"For those who hope that the events of January 6 are in our past, I think this data gives little in the way of assurance," said Kristin Du Mez, a Calvin University historian of gender, faith and politics, and author of "Jesus and John Wayne."

The poll found that Hispanic Protestants (26%) and white evangelical Protestants (25%) were more likely to agree with the QAnon philosophies than other groups. (Black Protestants were 15%, white Catholics were 11% and white mainline Protestants were 10%.) 

As a New York Times headline put it: "QAnon Now as Popular in U.S. as Some Major Religions, Poll Suggests."

Spoiler

Du Mez told me that the factors that produced this result include the decades conservative evangelicals spent "sowing seeds of doubt about the mainstream media":

"There's also an emphasis in certain circles on deciphering biblical prophecies that bears some similarities to decoding QAnon conspiracies — the idea that there is a secret meaning hidden within the text that can be discerned by individuals who have eyes to see."

"This isn't just a problem for faith communities, of course," the professor added. "It is deeply troubling in terms of the health of our democracy."

Catch up quick: QAnon is more a movement than an organization — there's no HQ or public leader. The conspiracies were spread by followers of President Trump, and "Q" signifiers were common at Trump rallies.

Moore, who recently joined Christianity Today magazine after serving as the top political voice of the Southern Baptist Convention, said that for many, QAnon is "taking on all of the characteristics of a cult, from authoritarian gurus ... to predictions that don't come true."

Context: Q first took hold on social media with a videogame-like structure, inviting the curious on a quest to unlock successive layers of hidden knowledge, Axios managing editor Scott Rosenberg points out.

Then its anonymous gurus promised a series of millenarian-style big reveals that never materialized.

Experts hoped the failure of Q's promises after President Biden's inauguration, along with a near-total ban of Q buzzwords from online platforms, would stifle the movement. 

Conspiracy theories thrive in turbulent times, as traumatized people desperately try to put unbearable losses and novel challenges into a framework that makes sense (to them). Half a century later, the U.S. still hasn't fully exorcized the JFK assassination conspiracy theories. 

Natalie Jackson — research director at PRRI, which released the poll — said the finding doesn't mean 15% of Americans "are spending their entire lives only paying attention to Q ... but it does mean this group is amenable to believing these conspiracy theories."

She notes that Republicans have no "unified voice pushing back on these forces, which could allow it to continue to grow."

1622468551191.png

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.axios.com/qanon-churches-popular-religion-conspiracy-theory-c5bcce08-8f6e-4501-8cb2-9e38a2346c2f.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Reveal hidden contents

Du Mez told me that the factors that produced this result include the decades conservative evangelicals spent "sowing seeds of doubt about the mainstream media":

"There's also an emphasis in certain circles on deciphering biblical prophecies that bears some similarities to decoding QAnon conspiracies — the idea that there is a secret meaning hidden within the text that can be discerned by individuals who have eyes to see."

"This isn't just a problem for faith communities, of course," the professor added. "It is deeply troubling in terms of the health of our democracy."

Catch up quick: QAnon is more a movement than an organization — there's no HQ or public leader. The conspiracies were spread by followers of President Trump, and "Q" signifiers were common at Trump rallies.

Moore, who recently joined Christianity Today magazine after serving as the top political voice of the Southern Baptist Convention, said that for many, QAnon is "taking on all of the characteristics of a cult, from authoritarian gurus ... to predictions that don't come true."

Context: Q first took hold on social media with a videogame-like structure, inviting the curious on a quest to unlock successive layers of hidden knowledge, Axios managing editor Scott Rosenberg points out.

Then its anonymous gurus promised a series of millenarian-style big reveals that never materialized.

Experts hoped the failure of Q's promises after President Biden's inauguration, along with a near-total ban of Q buzzwords from online platforms, would stifle the movement. 

Conspiracy theories thrive in turbulent times, as traumatized people desperately try to put unbearable losses and novel challenges into a framework that makes sense (to them). Half a century later, the U.S. still hasn't fully exorcized the JFK assassination conspiracy theories. 

Natalie Jackson — research director at PRRI, which released the poll — said the finding doesn't mean 15% of Americans "are spending their entire lives only paying attention to Q ... but it does mean this group is amenable to believing these conspiracy theories."

She notes that Republicans have no "unified voice pushing back on these forces, which could allow it to continue to grow."

1622468551191.png

So, if someone looks like an idiot, and talks like an idiot, they are probably a Republican. Got it.

• Like 1