The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pacman said:

stable genius

here is some background on the antisemitic Rothschild theory, this one is a new conspiracy for me lol

Does the Rothschild family control every central bank in the world? | The Straight Dope | Savannah News, Events, Restaurants, Music | Connect Savannah

That’s pretty much the Grandaddy of all conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, pacman said:

stable genius

here is some background on the antisemitic Rothschild theory, this one is a new conspiracy for me lol

Does the Rothschild family control every central bank in the world? | The Straight Dope | Savannah News, Events, Restaurants, Music | Connect Savannah

I lasted 43 seconds.  I don't have more for some dude wearing makeup spouting bullshit. Unless I'm going to the movies, then I'll even pay money. 

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I lasted 43 seconds.  I don't have more for some dude wearing makeup spouting bullshit. Unless I'm going to the movies, then I'll even pay money. 

I made it zero seconds.  He looks like he's 12 years old.  I'm sure he has it all figured out.

• 1 month later...

These people are just fucking stupid.  There's no other explanation.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3na53/qanon-queen-bills-electricty-canada

Followers of a QAnon influencer who's convinced some Canadians she’s the true Queen of Canada are saying their utilities are being cut off because they were told by their sovereign that they no longer had to pay bills. 

One woman has repeatedly told her fellow QAnon Queen followers she’s “stopped paying hydro, water, natural gas, property taxes, line of credit, and my credit cards.” She pushes hard on her fellow true believers to join her in not paying their bills and chastising those who continue to pay.

“The more who do it, the quicker we can be free of enslavement,” she wrote on one of the group’s Telegram channels. “Those still living in fear are making it harder to get out. Don’t be afraid, because we’re in this together.”

Many, many others have posted that they, too, have stopped paying their bills after hearing that Romana Didulo—a QAnon influencer who has them convinced she’s running Canada behind the scenes—made a decree that electricity is free. Several have posted their power has been shut off or that they were on the verge of having it shut off and relented to finally paying. 

Spoiler

"Dear (Queen Romana), when will the service companies stop shutting off our services for nonpayment?" one follower asked Didulo recently. "I just had my water supply shut off today in Stratford, Ontario."

Didulo, a Victoria, B.C.–based woman in her 50s or 60s, had little to no public profile until about two years ago. The short, soft-spoken Filipino immigrant has since rocketed to popularity over the last two years—thanks to other QAnon (a big-tent conspiracy movement that revolves around a secret war against a cabal of pedophilic elites) personalities giving her far-fetched claims of essentially running Canada from the shadows a giant boost. Since being "confirmed" by other QAnon influencers, her reach has grown to include over 70,000 followers on Telegram, many of whom follow her in real life.  

Didulo is currently on a crowd-funded tour of Canada in a rented RV with several of her followers. The group makes frequent “meet and greets” in towns across the country and has drawn crowds as large as 50.

Are you a follower or a former follower, or do you have a loved one who follows Romana Didulo? We would love to hear your story. You can get in touch with Mack Lamoureux at mack.lamoureux@vice.com.

Didulo has issued several “royal decrees” on her Telegram page, some regarding utility bills. The critical ones are “Decree 24,” claiming that electricity is now free in Canada; “Decree 15,” which abolishes income tax; and “Decree 23,” which makes water bills illegal. Another decree, number 79, reverts the price of rent, housing, and propane back to 1955 levels. Other decrees issued by Didulo are that critical race theory is illegal in Canada (this was her very first decree, in fact) and that the age of consent was changed to 24—which sparked an outcry from her followers. 

The bill-payment claims are causing direct harm to her followers, with many saying in their group chat that they've racked up thousands of dollars of bills. Many of Didulo's followers are vulnerable people, including seniors on fixed incomes, who could face steep consequences for these decisions. A page created by Didulo which allows her followers to ask her questions is filled with questions about bill payments. 

"Dear Queen Romana I received a 24-hour notice for the power bill. Should I make a payment? Or will it be shut off?" reads one.

"Queen Romana please What do I say to the City of Red Deer trying to shut off my water on Monday," reads another. Some said that when they reach out for help about the situation, they’re mocked for their beliefs. 

Christine Sarteschi, an extremist researcher who specializes in sovereign citizens and their pseudo-legal trickery, has been keeping a close eye on Didulo and her followers in recent months. Sarteschi says the prevalent discussions about followers’ utilities are disconcerting. 

"A couple of times a week you see somebody who is posting about something like 'please help me, my utilities are going to get cut off' or something along those lines where they're experiencing some type of negative consequences from attempting to follow her decrees,” said Sarteschi. “It looks like the (bill payment) decree is the one I see mentioned the most in terms of people being harmed.”

One man who followed Didulo’s decree briefly spoke to VICE World News about his decision to stop paying his bills. He said he ceased payment four months ago and has yet to face any negative consequences. He said he’s not worried and that i”the ones who should be worried is the utilities companies, failure to comply with Queen Romana Royal Decrees carries a heavy penalty.” VICE News reached out to numerous people who said they have ceased paying their bills, but we received no response—like in many conspiracy cultures, this community tends to believe the media are corrupt and evil and are told not to speak to them. 

If the followers’ claims and documents they post online are to be believed, the consequences for some extend further than just strongly worded email. Recently, the group panicked when a popular user had their power disconnected. The user, a person who posted regularly, had recently gone quiet. The group rallied around her. 

“Joanna's power and water supply have been cut off,” a follower wrote on April 20. “Can we get a bunch of We The People to call and email her power company to inform them of the new laws, decrees, and let them know they are committing criminal offences against We The People!”

1652190722763-new-project70.jpeg?resize=

The group got together the emails of the heads of B.C. Hydro (who cut off the woman’s power) and sent them a deluge of emails about Didulo’s decrees and demanding they turn their friend's power back on. This tactic of sending emails about Didulo’s power to utility companies seems to be the group’s primary way of fighting back. 

“If you supply the utility company's email address and your full name, I'll try to do whatever I can to help you get your utilities put back on,” one woman wrote to someone who said their power was shut off. 

Didulo has told her followers that “those sending the bills are robots,” so a few are posting actual images of the threatening messages they’re getting from bill collectors and electricity and hydro providers as trophies. One email sent to a woman from a lawyer said she had “Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument in the nature of a sham debt elimination scheme.” 

One of the things experts have long said is that being involved in these fringe communities can come at great personal cost. This includes the alienation of a person from loved ones and financial consequences. For one fan the decree led her to both. 

“I stopped (paying) Hydro three months ago. I got phone reminders, a reminder by mail and an actual person called my husband. He does not follow QR and he was not pleased. Told me to pay the hydro bill,” they wrote. “I want to help collapse the government not my marriage so I paid.”

Sarteschi said that she thinks the appeal of Didulo is the promises that she makes. That the promise of no more taxes or debt is an intoxicating offer for some people. For these people, who get so wrapped up in these ideas they may have to "learn the hard way.” 

"Until they get their utility shut off, they may not even realize that it's not real," she added.

Some who posted that they’d stopped paying their bills and faced consequences left the movement and turned on Didulo. A few of them have joined an online group whose stated goal is to ruin Didulo. But still, every day her followers report not paying their bills and gleefully brag about the notices they're racking up. 

“Is some help coming soon?” one of her followers asked in early May. “The warning to stock up and telling us not to pay utilities etc is really difficult. I’m scared I am going to get cut off and won’t have money to reconnect!”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hide contents

"Dear (Queen Romana), when will the service companies stop shutting off our services for nonpayment?" one follower asked Didulo recently. "I just had my water supply shut off today in Stratford, Ontario."

Didulo, a Victoria, B.C.–based woman in her 50s or 60s, had little to no public profile until about two years ago. The short, soft-spoken Filipino immigrant has since rocketed to popularity over the last two years—thanks to other QAnon (a big-tent conspiracy movement that revolves around a secret war against a cabal of pedophilic elites) personalities giving her far-fetched claims of essentially running Canada from the shadows a giant boost. Since being "confirmed" by other QAnon influencers, her reach has grown to include over 70,000 followers on Telegram, many of whom follow her in real life.  

Didulo is currently on a crowd-funded tour of Canada in a rented RV with several of her followers. The group makes frequent “meet and greets” in towns across the country and has drawn crowds as large as 50.

Are you a follower or a former follower, or do you have a loved one who follows Romana Didulo? We would love to hear your story. You can get in touch with Mack Lamoureux at mack.lamoureux@vice.com.

Didulo has issued several “royal decrees” on her Telegram page, some regarding utility bills. The critical ones are “Decree 24,” claiming that electricity is now free in Canada; “Decree 15,” which abolishes income tax; and “Decree 23,” which makes water bills illegal. Another decree, number 79, reverts the price of rent, housing, and propane back to 1955 levels. Other decrees issued by Didulo are that critical race theory is illegal in Canada (this was her very first decree, in fact) and that the age of consent was changed to 24—which sparked an outcry from her followers. 

The bill-payment claims are causing direct harm to her followers, with many saying in their group chat that they've racked up thousands of dollars of bills. Many of Didulo's followers are vulnerable people, including seniors on fixed incomes, who could face steep consequences for these decisions. A page created by Didulo which allows her followers to ask her questions is filled with questions about bill payments. 

"Dear Queen Romana I received a 24-hour notice for the power bill. Should I make a payment? Or will it be shut off?" reads one.

"Queen Romana please What do I say to the City of Red Deer trying to shut off my water on Monday," reads another. Some said that when they reach out for help about the situation, they’re mocked for their beliefs. 

Christine Sarteschi, an extremist researcher who specializes in sovereign citizens and their pseudo-legal trickery, has been keeping a close eye on Didulo and her followers in recent months. Sarteschi says the prevalent discussions about followers’ utilities are disconcerting. 

"A couple of times a week you see somebody who is posting about something like 'please help me, my utilities are going to get cut off' or something along those lines where they're experiencing some type of negative consequences from attempting to follow her decrees,” said Sarteschi. “It looks like the (bill payment) decree is the one I see mentioned the most in terms of people being harmed.”

One man who followed Didulo’s decree briefly spoke to VICE World News about his decision to stop paying his bills. He said he ceased payment four months ago and has yet to face any negative consequences. He said he’s not worried and that i”the ones who should be worried is the utilities companies, failure to comply with Queen Romana Royal Decrees carries a heavy penalty.” VICE News reached out to numerous people who said they have ceased paying their bills, but we received no response—like in many conspiracy cultures, this community tends to believe the media are corrupt and evil and are told not to speak to them. 

If the followers’ claims and documents they post online are to be believed, the consequences for some extend further than just strongly worded email. Recently, the group panicked when a popular user had their power disconnected. The user, a person who posted regularly, had recently gone quiet. The group rallied around her. 

“Joanna's power and water supply have been cut off,” a follower wrote on April 20. “Can we get a bunch of We The People to call and email her power company to inform them of the new laws, decrees, and let them know they are committing criminal offences against We The People!”

The group got together the emails of the heads of B.C. Hydro (who cut off the woman’s power) and sent them a deluge of emails about Didulo’s decrees and demanding they turn their friend's power back on. This tactic of sending emails about Didulo’s power to utility companies seems to be the group’s primary way of fighting back. 

“If you supply the utility company's email address and your full name, I'll try to do whatever I can to help you get your utilities put back on,” one woman wrote to someone who said their power was shut off. 

Didulo has told her followers that “those sending the bills are robots,” so a few are posting actual images of the threatening messages they’re getting from bill collectors and electricity and hydro providers as trophies. One email sent to a woman from a lawyer said she had “Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument in the nature of a sham debt elimination scheme.” 

One of the things experts have long said is that being involved in these fringe communities can come at great personal cost. This includes the alienation of a person from loved ones and financial consequences. For one fan the decree led her to both. 

“I stopped (paying) Hydro three months ago. I got phone reminders, a reminder by mail and an actual person called my husband. He does not follow QR and he was not pleased. Told me to pay the hydro bill,” they wrote. “I want to help collapse the government not my marriage so I paid.”

Sarteschi said that she thinks the appeal of Didulo is the promises that she makes. That the promise of no more taxes or debt is an intoxicating offer for some people. For these people, who get so wrapped up in these ideas they may have to "learn the hard way.” 

"Until they get their utility shut off, they may not even realize that it's not real," she added.

Some who posted that they’d stopped paying their bills and faced consequences left the movement and turned on Didulo. A few of them have joined an online group whose stated goal is to ruin Didulo. But still, every day her followers report not paying their bills and gleefully brag about the notices they're racking up. 

“Is some help coming soon?” one of her followers asked in early May. “The warning to stock up and telling us not to pay utilities etc is really difficult. I’m scared I am going to get cut off and won’t have money to reconnect!”

...I mean, if she were really Queen couldn't she just go on TV, tell people that the bills would stop and the actual bills would stop? What's the explanation for all the secrecy? To catch the Pedos?

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

e72bbfda-e2e0-43b6-91eb-a15e61064845_tex

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

template-custom-meme-907-0c6db91aec9c.jp

TL;DR   QAnon folks conned into "investing" into crypto.  You all know what has happened lately to the crypto shit.

https://www.logically.ai/articles/qanon-crypto-lose-followers-2-million

A Logically investigation can reveal that, for the past year, two QAnon-affiliated influencers have been persuading their thousands of followers to invest in a portfolio of cryptocurrency tokens marked as fraudulent by the Stellar network — a major blockchain, alongside the better known Bitcoin and Ethereum — causing their followers to collectively lose millions of dollars, one of whom died by suicide after losing more than $100,000.

Combining conspiracizing with bad investment advice, the WhipLash347 and Quantum Stellar Initiative (which has no relationship with the Stellar network) Telegram channels coordinated to produce a weekly curated list of cryptocurrency assets, claiming that they had access to secret military intelligence and knew which assets were going to succeed. The leaders, WhipLash347 and PatriotQakes (also active in the community under her real name, Emily Tang), capitalized on distrust in both financial institutions and mainstream media to lend credence to the assets they promoted, and bombarded their tens of thousands of followers with misinformation about crypto ventures.

“I am without doubt that WhipLash347, Emily, and QSI are scam artists,” Rocky Morningside, a former admin of the QSI chats, told Logically. “[They] were promoting pump and dumps, and this appeared to be a very large and well organized Ponzi Scheme.”

WhipLash347 and the Quantum Stellar Initiative

There are two main Telegram hub channels that coordinate to share the fraudulent tokens – Quantum Stellar Initiative (QSI) and WhipLash347. The WhipLash347 channel has 277,000 subscribers and the QSI channel has 30,000.

There is also a large central chat for QSI with 10,000 subscribers, and multiple regional satellite QSI chats where locals can organize their own investment groups based on the influencers’ advice and opinions. These are labeled according to places (such as QSI Queensland). 

The primary service of the chats is to provide a curated list of domains and tokens on the Stellar network, and to share information about the supposed banks, fintech companies, or metals-backed commodity ventures that are creating the tokens. This information contains a mix of conspiracy promoting content (such as links from Disclose.tv), genuine news articles, and official pages or statements from banks presented in misleading ways. 

“Whiplash targets patriot-types, Q followers, financial Replacement Value enthusiasts, and the like,” a former admin for an WhipLash347/QSI-affiliated investment chat told Logically. “He uses current events, Q posts, cryptic crap, and news to duct tape it all to the QSI shitcoins.”

This extends to speculation about UFOs and the “white hats,” or secret military intelligence operatives. Morningside told us that Tang has said that aliens want us to trade cryptocurrency “as an on-ramp to familiarize ourselves with the quantum financial system until we can evolve into 5D and trade assets with our consciousness. How crazy is that?”

Spoiler

The QAnon community has several narratives that align with the crypto community’s ethos, beyond the general distrust of government, banks, and media. The WhipLash347/QSI channels often draw on NESARA/GESARA, a long-running pyramid scheme that asks adherents to send more money and wait for a financial redistribution that never comes. The WhipLash347/QSI channels also favorably reference the Iraqi Dinar scam of the 2000s, in which people were encouraged to buy large amounts of valueless foreign currency with the promise its value would soon skyrocket. 

WhipLash347 is an anonymous personality in the QAnon community who has claimed close personal connections with Elon Musk, former President Donald Trump, and John F. Kennedy Jr, who is dead. Although at one point there was a WhipLash347 QAnon influencer account on Twitter and Facebook, the social media behavior of the WhipLash347 Telegram account makes it likely that the account has changed hands within the past year. Currently, the group mostly contains forwarded messages from other crypto investing groups, and contains far fewer Q-related posts than it did at the account’s inception. 

Emily Tang, the person behind PatriotQakes, openly runs the QSI channel. She frequently hosts YouTube talks and livestreams, socializes with other QAnon followers, and occasionally attends cryptocurrency events. Conversations with former members of QSI confirmed that Tang was also an admin in the WhipLash347 group. Tang did not respond to our request for comment. 

Tang has been caught out several times by other companies for promoting tokens that appear to be attached to those businesses but are actually not. The cryptocurrency company Pendulum had to issue a statement on their official Telegram channel in response to Tang, saying that it did not issue coins. Fintech company Novatti registered its concern that Tang had not checked with Novatti to check the veracity of the coin, had not taken action to correct the post when she was informed, and had blocked the Novatti executive from the QSI chat when they attempted to correct the record.

Several current admins of the WhipLash347 chat were identified but most did not reply to requests for comment. @Whiplash34SeVeN, named as an admin of the channel by QSI, did respond to request for comment, but refused to confirm or deny whether they were an admin, despite having knowledge of the chat’s operations. Whiplash34SeVeN claimed they were under a “military NDA” and could not reveal anything, and that the real WhipLash347 was in Iraq and that all the admins were in other parts of Asia. They also said that WhipLash347’s posts do not amount to financial advice, and that users are at fault if they lose money. 

The case of Indus.gold

Stellar is a major blockchain that aims to facilitate the exchange of digital assets for other digital assets or for fiat money. Users buy into the network by purchasing Stellar Lumens (XLM), currently worth about $0.10, which they can then exchange for any other cryptocurrency, including entirely new ones. Stellar enables the creation of tokens with very little technical know-how.

The indus.gold URL and domain were created on February 16, 2022 and first appeared on the WhipLash347/QSI channels on February 20. Indus.gold shares an IP address with another apparently unrelated crypto domain, “quantum-system.finance,” which was shared on WhipLash347 throughout February. 

Alt: a screenshot from the Quantum Stellar Initiative chat shows the quantum-system.finance domains and the indus.gold domains represented as different things.

WhipLash347 and QSI made a number of posts talking about the legitimacy of Indus.gold, claiming that a New York banking company was investing in gold around the world. Although there is an IndusInd Bank that has a product called Indus Gold, it has no relationship with the products promoted by Whiplash347 and QSI. Indus.gold minted dozens of assets, 15 of which were traded at scale. Each token that Indus.gold minted was supposedly backed by a different project — one called “Sungold” was supposedly backed by a Kazakh gold mine, and purportedly linked to the real Russian company Sungold.

Nowhere on Sungold’s webpage are any cryptocurrency assets listed, nor does it indicate it partners with cryptocurrency companies at all. Logically asked Sungold to confirm whether or not it backed any crypto assets, but it did not reply. The most recent updates displayed on the Sungold website are from 2020.

Accounts on the Stellar blockchain, also called wallets, can only be created by other wallets. They are identified with a 56 character alphanumeric code, and are commonly referred to by the last four characters of that code.

The indus.gold wallet, ending in ABDC (supposedly standing for “asset-backed digital currency), minted 900 billion Sungold tokens on March 1. Wallet ABDC sent the entire 900 billion stock of tokens to account PQOQ, which then sent the entire stock on to account 2SIA, which was created only two days before. PQOQ and ABDC were both created by the same account on February 19, wallet QUJH

The Sungold token was first advertised on WhipLash347 and QSI on March 5. WhipLash347 posted about the Sungold token 64 times between March 30 and April 5, many of these posts were the same copy-pasted post about the supposed legitimacy of the enterprise. WhipLash347 and QSI encouraged their followers to hold onto the tokens, saying it would make the price skyrocket.

A screenshot from Whiplash347, showing the Sungold logo, the indus.gold wallet address, a conspiratorial map of companies and countries, and photos of world leaders.

a screenshot from Whiplash347, showing links to real news articles about actual gold mines. The text in the message from Whiplash implies that the gold mines back the indus.gold venture.

From March 30 to April 1, account 2SIA gradually increased the price of Sungold token. The 2SIA account was selling 18 different indus tokens at the time, all promoted on WhipLash347/QSI. 

On April 1, account 2SIA sent all its remaining Sungold to the newly-created account TJZP, which traded for 1.3 million XLM, or $210,000, within three hours. That XLM was sent the same day in batches of 100,000 to a currency exchange via another account where it could be traded for Bitcoin, Ethereum, or fiat. 

Account 2SIA continued selling the other indus.gold tokens through April 4. When the combined profits of all the indus.gold tokens reached a high of 10 million XLM, worth approximately $1.8 million at the time, 2SIA then split the profits into two new accounts created on April 4, where it was then sent off to a currency exchange in batches of 400,000 XLM, or approximately $80,000 at the time.

A map titled "indus Gold" showing the connections between the wallet that minted the tokens, and the wallets that made all of the profit from the tokens. Total profit was 12.6 million XLM.The indus.gold domain and its Sungold token was merely one of dozens in a long curated list, posted weekly to the WhipLash347/QSI channels. Central Bank Digital Currency, or cdbc tokens, have a direct relationship to the same wallets that controlled indus.gold. A supposed Swiss bank called Swiss Custody shares a relationship with the wallets that pushed indus and another domain called Stellar Commodities. Stellarmart.org (not to be confused with the actual StellarMart.com), DogeToken, Turkish-Gems, and many more. 

In each case that Logically examined, the wallets that created the tokens were directly tied to the wallets earning an enormous profit. In most cases, the assets themselves, though apparently different, were linked on the blockchain ledger or through IP addresses of the domains hosting the websites that were supposedly promoting the assets. 

A map titled "Central Bank Digital Currency" showing the connections between the wallet that minted the CBDC tokens, and the wallets that made all of the profit from the tokens. Total profit was 882,906 XLM.Swiss Custody, which is still promoted on the channel, was first promoted back in October 2021. WhipLash347 had linked to the supposed bank’s unverified Twitter page, which has a link to a broken Wix website. The domain and URL have since been changed, but the asset is still promoted. Who.is information about the domain (shared on WhipLash347 and QSI) reveals a misspelling of the French word “banque,” which they have written as “bankque.” Swiss Custody is listed as a scam on Stellar Explorer. 

This has been a common problem. “On Stellar Expert, the domains took me to a Wix website. Emily claimed the white hats were upgrading the site,” said ALWarrior, a former WhipLash347 investor, to Logically. “This happened for every Indus and Swiss Custody token.”

: Domain tools information showing the domain's registrant as "Bankque depositaire Suisse," with the word "bank" spelled incorrectly in French

Some of the domains that WhipLash347 shared, although they appear to be unrelated, show similarities in registration and hosting details. These domains in many cases are created only a few days before they first appear on the WhipLash347/QSI channels. Many of the domains and assets pushed by WhipLash347 have since been delisted by the wallet app Lobstr or the Stellar network, or marked as scams by Stellar.

a map showing a list of domains shared on the Whiplash347/QSI channels. Although they are portrayed as completely unrelated cryptocurrency enterprises, metals-backed securities companies, and banks, they share an IP address.

One of the domains pushed regularly by both WhipLash347 and QSI, anclap.io, appeared to be a clone of a different crypto asset company’s website – anclaps.home – and was linked by IP address to a domain with “Whiplash347” in the URL. Archived versions of the website show it redirecting to the cloned version of the anclaps.home page. 

The scale of loss

Many of the WhipLash347/QSI investors got into crypto trading as a way of earning money over the pandemic, as they were unable to work due to lockdowns, closures, or illness. While a tiny minority reported breaking even, or even netting a small profit, the vast majority lost anywhere between several hundred and tens of thousands of dollars. 

People shared their stories in a Telegram chat group dedicated to warning people about WhipLash347 and QSI. They cataloged their losses – while some lost hundreds of dollars, some lost thousands, or even tens of thousands. An informal survey of one chat group of former WhipLash347/QSI investors, based on self-reported responses from 52 people, found that the estimated losses were a collected $223,494. 

Message reads: I was defrauded out of $20,000 in Doge Token alone. A few thousand more in other stuff.Message reads: I lost $6000 on DogeT, S-doge, Dogef, stellarman Wins and ctgx.Message reads: I lost about 2 thousand total before I cashed out.Message reads: I lost 3k through their scams. I followed whiplash 347 invested in lobstr tokens promoted and well I'm down 3k.Message reads: I lost about 4 grand. I'd like to ring some necks personally. I also dumped my entire LOBSTR wallet to recoup what I could. 846k in CTGX alone. Bet they hated me dumping that much CTGX.

One man in Washington state (who we are not naming, at the request of his family) lost his life after suffering a huge financial loss. The man’s brother told Logically that they ran a WhipLash347/QSI regional chat investment group. The man had invested over $100,000 of his own money, spread across 30 cryptocurrency wallets, into tokens that WhipLash347 had promoted. Screenshots of these 30 wallets seen by Logically with about 500 XLM, or about $70 USD each, were all that remained — a total of $2,100 out of over $100,000 originally invested. The man died by suicide after losing his house and construction business due to unpaid debts.

Buyer beware

“The ‘shitcoin’ sector has its own weird morality when it comes to scams,” said Alex Hern, U.K. Technology Editor for The Guardian. “The underlying ethos is ‘DYOR’ – do your own research – and there’s a feeling amongst many of the investor/gamblers that losing your money to a scam is almost the victim’s fault.”

“Obfuscating the initial sales, though, is wrong in both conventional morality and the weird world of shitcoins.”

“The pattern you’ve uncovered suggests the developer is pumping a coin they hold – and so simply encouraging people to pay them money – but hiding that fact, to help maintain the fiction that they’re providing some sort of neutral advice.”

While the true number of people who lost money might not be known, estimates based on “trustlines” indicate it could be in the tens of thousands.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

template-custom-meme-907-0c6db91aec9c.jp

TL;DR   QAnon folks conned into "investing" into crypto.  You all know what has happened lately to the crypto shit.

https://www.logically.ai/articles/qanon-crypto-lose-followers-2-million

Reveal hidden contents

The QAnon community has several narratives that align with the crypto community’s ethos, beyond the general distrust of government, banks, and media. The WhipLash347/QSI channels often draw on NESARA/GESARA, a long-running pyramid scheme that asks adherents to send more money and wait for a financial redistribution that never comes. The WhipLash347/QSI channels also favorably reference the Iraqi Dinar scam of the 2000s, in which people were encouraged to buy large amounts of valueless foreign currency with the promise its value would soon skyrocket. 

WhipLash347 is an anonymous personality in the QAnon community who has claimed close personal connections with Elon Musk, former President Donald Trump, and John F. Kennedy Jr, who is dead. Although at one point there was a WhipLash347 QAnon influencer account on Twitter and Facebook, the social media behavior of the WhipLash347 Telegram account makes it likely that the account has changed hands within the past year. Currently, the group mostly contains forwarded messages from other crypto investing groups, and contains far fewer Q-related posts than it did at the account’s inception. 

Emily Tang, the person behind PatriotQakes, openly runs the QSI channel. She frequently hosts YouTube talks and livestreams, socializes with other QAnon followers, and occasionally attends cryptocurrency events. Conversations with former members of QSI confirmed that Tang was also an admin in the WhipLash347 group. Tang did not respond to our request for comment. 

Tang has been caught out several times by other companies for promoting tokens that appear to be attached to those businesses but are actually not. The cryptocurrency company Pendulum had to issue a statement on their official Telegram channel in response to Tang, saying that it did not issue coins. Fintech company Novatti registered its concern that Tang had not checked with Novatti to check the veracity of the coin, had not taken action to correct the post when she was informed, and had blocked the Novatti executive from the QSI chat when they attempted to correct the record.

Several current admins of the WhipLash347 chat were identified but most did not reply to requests for comment. @Whiplash34SeVeN, named as an admin of the channel by QSI, did respond to request for comment, but refused to confirm or deny whether they were an admin, despite having knowledge of the chat’s operations. Whiplash34SeVeN claimed they were under a “military NDA” and could not reveal anything, and that the real WhipLash347 was in Iraq and that all the admins were in other parts of Asia. They also said that WhipLash347’s posts do not amount to financial advice, and that users are at fault if they lose money. 

The case of Indus.gold

Stellar is a major blockchain that aims to facilitate the exchange of digital assets for other digital assets or for fiat money. Users buy into the network by purchasing Stellar Lumens (XLM), currently worth about $0.10, which they can then exchange for any other cryptocurrency, including entirely new ones. Stellar enables the creation of tokens with very little technical know-how.

The indus.gold URL and domain were created on February 16, 2022 and first appeared on the WhipLash347/QSI channels on February 20. Indus.gold shares an IP address with another apparently unrelated crypto domain, “quantum-system.finance,” which was shared on WhipLash347 throughout February. 

Alt: a screenshot from the Quantum Stellar Initiative chat shows the quantum-system.finance domains and the indus.gold domains represented as different things.

WhipLash347 and QSI made a number of posts talking about the legitimacy of Indus.gold, claiming that a New York banking company was investing in gold around the world. Although there is an IndusInd Bank that has a product called Indus Gold, it has no relationship with the products promoted by Whiplash347 and QSI. Indus.gold minted dozens of assets, 15 of which were traded at scale. Each token that Indus.gold minted was supposedly backed by a different project — one called “Sungold” was supposedly backed by a Kazakh gold mine, and purportedly linked to the real Russian company Sungold.

Nowhere on Sungold’s webpage are any cryptocurrency assets listed, nor does it indicate it partners with cryptocurrency companies at all. Logically asked Sungold to confirm whether or not it backed any crypto assets, but it did not reply. The most recent updates displayed on the Sungold website are from 2020.

Accounts on the Stellar blockchain, also called wallets, can only be created by other wallets. They are identified with a 56 character alphanumeric code, and are commonly referred to by the last four characters of that code.

The indus.gold wallet, ending in ABDC (supposedly standing for “asset-backed digital currency), minted 900 billion Sungold tokens on March 1. Wallet ABDC sent the entire 900 billion stock of tokens to account PQOQ, which then sent the entire stock on to account 2SIA, which was created only two days before. PQOQ and ABDC were both created by the same account on February 19, wallet QUJH

The Sungold token was first advertised on WhipLash347 and QSI on March 5. WhipLash347 posted about the Sungold token 64 times between March 30 and April 5, many of these posts were the same copy-pasted post about the supposed legitimacy of the enterprise. WhipLash347 and QSI encouraged their followers to hold onto the tokens, saying it would make the price skyrocket.

A screenshot from Whiplash347, showing the Sungold logo, the indus.gold wallet address, a conspiratorial map of companies and countries, and photos of world leaders.

a screenshot from Whiplash347, showing links to real news articles about actual gold mines. The text in the message from Whiplash implies that the gold mines back the indus.gold venture.

From March 30 to April 1, account 2SIA gradually increased the price of Sungold token. The 2SIA account was selling 18 different indus tokens at the time, all promoted on WhipLash347/QSI. 

On April 1, account 2SIA sent all its remaining Sungold to the newly-created account TJZP, which traded for 1.3 million XLM, or $210,000, within three hours. That XLM was sent the same day in batches of 100,000 to a currency exchange via another account where it could be traded for Bitcoin, Ethereum, or fiat. 

Account 2SIA continued selling the other indus.gold tokens through April 4. When the combined profits of all the indus.gold tokens reached a high of 10 million XLM, worth approximately $1.8 million at the time, 2SIA then split the profits into two new accounts created on April 4, where it was then sent off to a currency exchange in batches of 400,000 XLM, or approximately $80,000 at the time.

A map titled "indus Gold" showing the connections between the wallet that minted the tokens, and the wallets that made all of the profit from the tokens. Total profit was 12.6 million XLM.The indus.gold domain and its Sungold token was merely one of dozens in a long curated list, posted weekly to the WhipLash347/QSI channels. Central Bank Digital Currency, or cdbc tokens, have a direct relationship to the same wallets that controlled indus.gold. A supposed Swiss bank called Swiss Custody shares a relationship with the wallets that pushed indus and another domain called Stellar Commodities. Stellarmart.org (not to be confused with the actual StellarMart.com), DogeToken, Turkish-Gems, and many more. 

In each case that Logically examined, the wallets that created the tokens were directly tied to the wallets earning an enormous profit. In most cases, the assets themselves, though apparently different, were linked on the blockchain ledger or through IP addresses of the domains hosting the websites that were supposedly promoting the assets. 

A map titled "Central Bank Digital Currency" showing the connections between the wallet that minted the CBDC tokens, and the wallets that made all of the profit from the tokens. Total profit was 882,906 XLM.Swiss Custody, which is still promoted on the channel, was first promoted back in October 2021. WhipLash347 had linked to the supposed bank’s unverified Twitter page, which has a link to a broken Wix website. The domain and URL have since been changed, but the asset is still promoted. Who.is information about the domain (shared on WhipLash347 and QSI) reveals a misspelling of the French word “banque,” which they have written as “bankque.” Swiss Custody is listed as a scam on Stellar Explorer. 

This has been a common problem. “On Stellar Expert, the domains took me to a Wix website. Emily claimed the white hats were upgrading the site,” said ALWarrior, a former WhipLash347 investor, to Logically. “This happened for every Indus and Swiss Custody token.”

: Domain tools information showing the domain's registrant as "Bankque depositaire Suisse," with the word "bank" spelled incorrectly in French

Some of the domains that WhipLash347 shared, although they appear to be unrelated, show similarities in registration and hosting details. These domains in many cases are created only a few days before they first appear on the WhipLash347/QSI channels. Many of the domains and assets pushed by WhipLash347 have since been delisted by the wallet app Lobstr or the Stellar network, or marked as scams by Stellar.

a map showing a list of domains shared on the Whiplash347/QSI channels. Although they are portrayed as completely unrelated cryptocurrency enterprises, metals-backed securities companies, and banks, they share an IP address.

One of the domains pushed regularly by both WhipLash347 and QSI, anclap.io, appeared to be a clone of a different crypto asset company’s website – anclaps.home – and was linked by IP address to a domain with “Whiplash347” in the URL. Archived versions of the website show it redirecting to the cloned version of the anclaps.home page. 

The scale of loss

Many of the WhipLash347/QSI investors got into crypto trading as a way of earning money over the pandemic, as they were unable to work due to lockdowns, closures, or illness. While a tiny minority reported breaking even, or even netting a small profit, the vast majority lost anywhere between several hundred and tens of thousands of dollars. 

People shared their stories in a Telegram chat group dedicated to warning people about WhipLash347 and QSI. They cataloged their losses – while some lost hundreds of dollars, some lost thousands, or even tens of thousands. An informal survey of one chat group of former WhipLash347/QSI investors, based on self-reported responses from 52 people, found that the estimated losses were a collected $223,494. 

Message reads: I was defrauded out of $20,000 in Doge Token alone. A few thousand more in other stuff.Message reads: I lost $6000 on DogeT, S-doge, Dogef, stellarman Wins and ctgx.Message reads: I lost about 2 thousand total before I cashed out.Message reads: I lost 3k through their scams. I followed whiplash 347 invested in lobstr tokens promoted and well I'm down 3k.Message reads: I lost about 4 grand. I'd like to ring some necks personally. I also dumped my entire LOBSTR wallet to recoup what I could. 846k in CTGX alone. Bet they hated me dumping that much CTGX.

One man in Washington state (who we are not naming, at the request of his family) lost his life after suffering a huge financial loss. The man’s brother told Logically that they ran a WhipLash347/QSI regional chat investment group. The man had invested over $100,000 of his own money, spread across 30 cryptocurrency wallets, into tokens that WhipLash347 had promoted. Screenshots of these 30 wallets seen by Logically with about 500 XLM, or about $70 USD each, were all that remained — a total of $2,100 out of over $100,000 originally invested. The man died by suicide after losing his house and construction business due to unpaid debts.

Buyer beware

“The ‘shitcoin’ sector has its own weird morality when it comes to scams,” said Alex Hern, U.K. Technology Editor for The Guardian. “The underlying ethos is ‘DYOR’ – do your own research – and there’s a feeling amongst many of the investor/gamblers that losing your money to a scam is almost the victim’s fault.”

“Obfuscating the initial sales, though, is wrong in both conventional morality and the weird world of shitcoins.”

“The pattern you’ve uncovered suggests the developer is pumping a coin they hold – and so simply encouraging people to pay them money – but hiding that fact, to help maintain the fiction that they’re providing some sort of neutral advice.”

While the true number of people who lost money might not be known, estimates based on “trustlines” indicate it could be in the tens of thousands.

Lol and @Immaculate Vibes will never own up to the fact that BTC only rose as much as it did because the crypto market was flooded with loads of dumb money. Dumb money that just happened to be pushing all the same deleterious conspiracy schlock that he dabbles in and occasionally repeats, at least with respect to COVID and elections

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Tang has said that aliens want us to trade cryptocurrency “as an on-ramp to familiarize ourselves with the quantum financial system until we can evolve into 5D and trade assets with our consciousness. How crazy is that?”

Crazy?  Seems perfectly on-brand for crypto bros.  It's so much insane "pump it up"-speak.

Another "reasonable person" standard. None of them really believe in crypto, the grifters say it so they do it to signal their virtue, lose your life savings cause "lets go brandon lol." I'll bet a zillion cryptos that not a single person who was grifted makes any sort of claim, they knew what it was, the comfort of lib tears was all they wanted out of the transaction. 

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

If there was any doubt left, Ron mistakenly outed himself. Only an admin could have posted with that trip code.

Yep, really fucking stupid to use the same code from Dec. 2020, especially as he and his dad would probably be the only ones with access to the back-end.

Either he did it intentionally or just wasn't thinking, but hell, I watched the documentary where he basically outted himself anyways, so nobody should be surprised that Q is some weird-ass American with a Japanese fetish.

• 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

2 more weeks Q boomers operation trust is a go

1658118996151454-pol.jpg

Hahahahhahah yeah that these people still haven't figured out they got Bolshevik'd is pretty amusing. Trust the plan! Two more weeks! Sit around waiting for the savior that is never going to come!

Their lord and savior signed the quaccine warp speed order in September 2019 and brought about Q4 money printing that ultimately added 40% to the M2 money supply in August 2019 both before patient 0 appeared in Wuhan but yeah that guy is totally gonna save you.

Godspeed on the plan trusting!

8 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Hahahahhahah yeah that these people still haven't figured out they got Bolshevik'd is pretty amusing. Trust the plan! Two more weeks! Sit around waiting for the savior that is never going to come!

Their lord and savior signed the quaccine warp speed order in September 2019 and brought about Q4 money printing that ultimately added 40% to the M2 money supply in August 2019 both before patient 0 appeared in Wuhan but yeah that guy is totally gonna save you.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

50 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Our resident lunatic is back. Off your meds?

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Good god with this “two weeks” bullshittery.

Do these people experience time in dog years?

1355331549061.jpg

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Trust

BQQMERS love a good pro wrasslin' story ;)

This is what a conversation with a Q nut is like, an actual conversation I had with my Qanon in-law, a while back.

Me (joking): So, I see some of your friends are gathered in Dallas, believing that JFK or JFK Jr will show up or are still alive.

Her: I really haven’t had time to keep up on anything, so I don’t know (which is bullshit, because her 40-something ass doesn’t work and isn’t in school)

Me: You don’t actually believe that either JFK or JFK Jr are still alive, do you?

Her: I don’t know, I haven’t looked into it or done any research so I can’t say.

Me: JFK had a big hole blown through his head in front of hundreds of people. Jr. flew into the ocean. 

Her: Is that what people claim?  I haven’t researched it.

Me: JFK is buried in Arlington, with round-the-clock security, and Jr’s ashes were scattered in the ocean decades ago.

Her (smirking): Very convenient, since nobody can access the bodies to research if it’s really them, I guess we will never know if they are still alive or not.

At this point, I want to slap the grin off of her face, but I haven’t hit a woman since the 90s and even then, alcohol and a large number of people were involved, and I genuinely feared for my well-being as she had a good 40 pounds on me and was a future professional barrel racer. Even then, I didn’t come out too well in that exchange.  

These Qanon nuts are children, only many children will sometimes actually question stupid shit they hear from other people.  Just fucking mentally ill. Many of them know their views are batshit, but are afraid to admit it and throw the “research” crap out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I overheard two coworkers completely seriously discussing how China is inflicting this heatwave on the world.  They don't know how they Chicoms are doing it, but they are absolutely convinced that the evil Chinese are to blame.  Idiots.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day I guess lol. China is one of the worst offenders for carbon emissions that's driving global temperature increases. I mean, we are too, but both sides or something, I think

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day I guess lol. China is one of the worst offenders for carbon emissions that's driving global temperature increases. I mean, we are too, but both sides or something, I think

true but something tells me the two mensa candidates think China has a giant hair dryer they're pointing at the U. S. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I told her if I wanted to kill a bunch of people I'd gut the EPA and let companies poison our air and water. She said if Trump was in power that would never happen.

Are you telling me that trump DIDNT slay the seedy payday loan industry??

• Haha 5

NWO:  we need to reduce the population to 500 million. Ideas on how to kill 6 billion?

I know, let’s let loose one of our diseases that will kill a few million people, then develop a fake vaccine that will kill/sterilize everyone who takes it- and then not mandate that it gets sent everywhere and also not mandate that anyone actually takes it. 

why don’t we just let loose a deadlier disease and let it kill the 6 billion?

nah let’s go with the first thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Bookman said:

So that Q-anon girl started texting me again a few weeks ago. She's still trying to convince me that the election was stolen and the vaccine is designed to reduce the world's population. Here's a question she asked me:

I told her if I wanted to kill a bunch of people I'd gut the EPA and let companies poison our air and water. She said if Trump was in power that would never happen.

Seems like an easy enough response.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I overheard two coworkers completely seriously discussing how China is inflicting this heatwave on the world.  They don't know how they Chicoms are doing it, but they are absolutely convinced that the evil Chinese are to blame.  Idiots.

That’s a shame. And Biden seemed to be doing so well in stopping them from spinning up hurricanes on us.  Maybe they just pivoted. 

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Our species sucks so fucking bad. Not all of us, for sure. But on balance, I can’t help but root for plague, famine, climate change, and giant asteroids. The universe would be better off without us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

So that Q-anon girl started texting me again a few weeks ago. She's still trying to convince me that the election was stolen and the vaccine is designed to reduce the world's population. Here's a question she asked me:

Abandon. Do not engage.

The only way those people stand a snowball’s chance in hell in coming back to reality is isolation from friends and family members. They’re like drug addicts.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1