The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

On 8/21/2020 at 7:48 AM, bolverk said:

The new catchphrase, “We Are the Storm,” is an unsubtle cue to a group that the F.B.I. has labeled a potential domestic terrorist threat. It is instantly recognizable among QAnon adherents, signaling what they claim is a coming conflagration between President Trump and what they allege, falsely, is a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile Democrats who seek to dominate America and the world.

You don't say....

On 8/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, TexasEd said:

Deep Thoughts:

In a world where everything Trump accuses others of is really a confession

• and QAnnon says that there is a group of left-wing Child Sex Traffickers attacking Trump
  • and Trump repeats the message and accuses Clinton of being in the group
  • and he defends Ghislaine Maxwell.

Then reality is that Trump is the head of a child sex trafficker ring out to get the Democrats (or he's its agent sent to distract everyone from what they are doing)  

I think I made a strong case.  :)

no mention of lizard people.  FAIL

20 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Any there there that 8chan founder is Q?  If so, whoa, boy.  I know there had been rumors, but given all of the candidates up that have been sympathetic (to be kind), it should get interesting.  

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/who-is-qanon-jim-watkins-rumors/

Would not surprise me if it was him and his little inner circle, but it would also not surprise me if it wasn't him, and the person(s) directly responsible for Q simply found a kindred spirt in him.

Just reinforces all of the connections, and reinforces that Q came out of the chans.

Friendly reminder: TexAgs has a long-ass thread supporting Qanon.

Q is not Russia. Russia abets it, sure, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: this 100 percent pure-d all-American regarded Evangelical claptrap, and the idea that some Russian could come up with something so simultaneously stupid and authentically American is as ridiculous as the idea that I, or any other American, could write Crime and Punishment in Russian. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Q is not Russia. Russia abets it, sure, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: this 100 percent pure-d all-American regarded Evangelical claptrap, and the idea that some Russian could come up with something so simultaneously stupid and authentically American is as ridiculous as the idea that I, or any other American, could write Crime and Punishment in Russian. 

Sounds like something a Russian would say. Kidding, not kidding. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That's excellent. Think of how well he would have delivered that five years ago. Hang in there, Joe!

WTF are you on?  He is not in mental decline.  If you watched his speech yesterday you would know that.  Are you falling for the right wing bullshit talking point?

14 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

@maninblack also a potential Q enthusiast 

I am not sure "keeping informed about the Q moment" equates with support. I look at their missives from time to time. I bookmarked one the maps for source information. Most of it appears to be post-hoc rationalizations based on recent-past events. There is nothing magical about it. It has the feel of the Lyndon Larouche people from back in the day. 

Here is one missive from July that is prototypical QAnon. It's like a bad psychic reading and a horoscope . . . 

Advanced issues found

🙂
Spoiler

[infiltration]
Only those who could[can] be controlled [via blackmail or like-beliefs] were installed in critical leadership positions across all political and non-political Control and Command Positions [CCP].
CCP [necessary] to ensure protective blanket [insurance].
Traitors everywhere.
[D] leadership in joint ops w/ China [CCP] in effort to regain power?
It was never about the virus.
Sequence of events.
Flynn 1st strike designed to 1. cripple 2. prevent exposure of illegal acts [Hussein WH CoC] through NAT SEC [intel] discovery 3. Install ‘controlled’ replacement [rogue1_McMaster].
McMaster removal of ‘loyalist’ intel community_NAT SEC
Install ‘controlled’ [rogue2_Coats_DNI] prevent DECLAS [House-Senate blockade].
Pre_Install [rogue3-6] > referral(s) to POTUS re: McMaster_Coats_Wray_Bolton_+++
Install ‘controlled’ [rogue7_Bolton]
Bolton removal of ‘loyalists’ intel community_NAT SEC
Intel community [NAT SEC_WH] essential to control [infiltration] to prevent DECLAS_public exposure of true events [illegal surv [R] candidates 1&2, House members 1-x , Senate members 1-x , Journalists 1-x , Amb 1-x] + CLAS 1-99 events.
Mueller installed [Comey termination_loss of power][POTUS inside of a box][prevent counter-attack].
Impeachment installed [Mueller termination _loss of power][POTUS inside of box][prevent counter-attack].
C19 insurance plan _above fail
C19 installed [Impeachment termination _loss of power][POTUS inside of box][prevent counter-attack].
C19 _stage 1: Inform POTUS [intel + CDC + WHO + S_advisor(s)] _nothing to fear _do not close travel _do nothing [the political ‘set up’]
C19 _stage 2: Inform POTUS of Dooms Day ‘inaccurate’ scenarios [models] predicting death count 1mm+ [the political ‘force’] _lock down [wipe economic and unemployment gains]
C19 _stage 3: Activate ‘controlled’ [D] GOVS to ‘spike’ death count + project statewide fear by presenting ‘alarming’ on-ground conditions [hospital [care-supplies] projections].
C19 _stage 4: Push testing, testing, testing to spike ‘infected’ rate incline due to daily testing inc [the political ‘set up’] _controlled MSDNC failure to report death count [rates] proportional to ‘infected’ rate _deliberate miscounting of infected numbers [%] _change non_positive to positive _label death of non_C19 as C19 _etc.
C19 _stage 5: Eliminate / censor any opposing views [anti-narrative]
[Ready when needed] Activate 4-year BLM narrative 4x power [use as division + [2020] C19 infect rates to justify close-limit until Nov 3].
C19 calculated [D] political gain:
1. Eliminate record economic gains
2. Eliminate record unemployment gains
3. Shelter Biden from public appearances _limit public exposure of mental condition
4. Shelter Biden from Ukraine exposure _narrative change _media focus C19
5. Shelter Biden from P_debates [requested demands due to C19]
6. Delay [D] convention _strategic take-over of nominee post conf
7. Eliminate_delay POTUS rallies _term energy
8. Eliminate ability for people to gather _ divide
9. Eliminate ability to find peace – strength in time of need [strict Church closures]
10. Promote mail-in-voting as only ‘safe’ method _bypass NSA election security [installed midterms +1].
11. Push state-bailout stimulus [CA][NY] + wish list items
12. Increase national debt [place China into controlling debt position _regain leverage]
13. Test conditional limits of public acceptance [obey]
14. Test conditional limits of public non_acceptance
15. Test conditional limits of State authority [Gov-mayor]
16. Test conditional limits of Media [social] censorship
Who benefits the most?
[D]?
China [CCP]?
Russia is the enemy.
China is our friend.
[MSDNC [social media] programming]
All assets deployed.
Everything seen yesterday, today, and tomorrow = calculated political moves/events designed and launched by [D] party in coordination with other domestic and foreign entities in an attempt to regain power over you.
Prevent accountability.
SHADOW PRESIDENCY [HUSSEIN]
SHADOW GOVERNMENT
INFORMATION WARFARE
INSURGENCY
Your voice and your vote matters.
Patriots stand united.
Welcome to the Revolution.
Q

Someday it will be a black comedy film starring Jared Leto as Q (while living in a white suburban neighborhood as his wife cuckolds him for a Bernie supporter). 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

WTF are you on?  He is not in mental decline.  If you watched his speech yesterday you would know that.  Are you falling for the right wing bullshit talking point?

I've been watching Biden for decades. I've always liked him. He's easily conversant on any issue. 

What I see now is a something like what I see with Nancy Pelosi: a once vital person still of good mind but being slowly undone by the erosion of time. I'm not saying either person is unqualified, but their speaking abilities are impaired by age.

I actually think you can find a way to compliment Biden on how he's dealing with this life change. He knows better than to plunge ahead with an answer or comment counting on his quick wits to fill in the blanks as he goes. In the speech you cite, Biden takes a moment to compose an answer he could have fired off like a missile ten years ago. He knows himself. He pauses. He delivers the goods.

In this race, he is necessarily compared to his opponent, Donald Trump. There are kernels of corn in Biden's shit more mentally prepared to be president than Donald Trump. Biden is a soaringly better man than Trump. He's the clear choice. He's the man of the hour. I'm sure he would join me in the wish that he were ten years younger.

I think you know that I am not very good prey for right wing hate tactics. I just see things differently than you do on the details of Biden's acuity. To deny what I see and then assert what I want to be would make me an amateur operative willing to abandon truth. I never want to be that. Those people are the creation of the right wing hate engine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I've been watching Biden for decades. I've always liked him. He's easily conversant on any issue. 

What I see now is a something like what I see with Nancy Pelosi: a once vital person still of good mind but being slowly undone by the erosion of time. I'm not saying either person is unqualified, but their speaking abilities are impaired by age.

I actually think you can find a way to compliment Biden on how he's dealing with this life change. He knows better than to plunge ahead with an answer or comment counting on his quick wits to fill in the blanks as he goes. In the speech you cite, Biden takes a moment to compose an answer he could have fired off like a missile ten years ago. He knows himself. He pauses. He delivers the goods.

In this race, he is necessarily compared to his opponent, Donald Trump. There are kernels of corn in Biden's shit more mentally prepared to be president than Donald Trump. Biden is a soaringly better man than Trump. He's the clear choice. He's the man of the hour. I'm sure he would join me in the wish that he were ten years younger.

I think you know that I am not very good prey for right wing hate tactics. I just see things differently than you do on the details of Biden's acuity. To deny what I see and then assert what I want to be would make me an amateur operative willing to abandon truth. I never want to be that. Those people are the creation of the right wing hate engine.

Well said.  Was just checking to make sure you weren't having a psychotic break.

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is extremely insightful and something I hadn't fully considered when watching Joe. It explains how he apologizes in a way that was never ever his style.

Great post, man.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:38 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's a helluva money-making scheme, so that's pretty all-American.

I also think you have to have some mental problems on some level to truly be a believer.  I've got an in-law who is a Q follower (we know she follows Q, she sends us their shit all the time, it just doesn't have Q labeling, but 30 seconds on the internet reveals it), along with her dipshit boyfriend.   These days, she basically lives off of money her dad and step-mom give her through a bank account they set up (she occasionally works temp or fast food jobs when she's after something that her parents won't cover).   The other siblings monitor said account to make sure she's not doing anything shady/whatever (drugs, etc.).  

A while back, my wife noticed some purchases from a site that, upon further inspection, had a lot of Q stuff.  We confronted her about it - she was complaining to her parents that things were getting expensive and that she barely had enough money to get food, and we called her out, and she got emotional and started spouting some shit about how she wants other people to know they aren't alone in following Q or something.

I almost wish she had a drug problem, because I sometimes think it would be easier to treat/deal with than this Q shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's a helluva money-making scheme, so that's pretty all-American.

I also think you have to have some mental problems on some level to truly be a believer.  I've got an in-law who is a Q follower (we know she follows Q, she sends us their shit all the time, it just doesn't have Q labeling, but 30 seconds on the internet reveals it), along with her dipshit boyfriend.   These days, she basically lives off of money her dad and step-mom give her through a bank account they set up (she occasionally works temp or fast food jobs when she's after something that her parents won't cover).   The other siblings monitor said account to make sure she's not doing anything shady/whatever (drugs, etc.).  

A while back, my wife noticed some purchases from a site that, upon further inspection, had a lot of Q stuff.  We confronted her about it - she was complaining to her parents that things were getting expensive and that she barely had enough money to get food, and we called her out, and she got emotional and started spouting some shit about how she wants other people to know they aren't alone in following Q or something.

I almost wish she had a drug problem, because I sometimes think it would be easier to treat/deal with than this Q shit.

Good god. How old is this person?  I’m still shocked when I see how many 30+ year olds are living off their parents. 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good god. How old is this person?  I’m still shocked when I see how many 30+ year olds are living off their parents. 

Early 40s.  She's the black sheep of the siblings - her other brothers and sisters have all turned out fine and most graduated from UT (an aggy in the bunch though, but they support themselves so it's acceptable).   I'm very much convinced that because she was coddled in her 20s when she dropped out of UT just a semester or two short of a degree, that it fucked her up somehow - her parents should have put the screws to her and made her fully support herself or get back in school right then and there.  Instead, her dad and step-mom have been bailing her out for the past 20 years.  And when her dad and step-mom kick the bucket, we are going to be left picking up the pieces and telling her to get a job or live under a bridge.

That's for another thread though.

Q is perfect for people like her though - that kind of stuff fills a lot of her spare time ("I'm just asking questions, there's some good information if you're willing to read!"), and she gets to blame other people for her problems.  

Q + internet + incels was a potent combination.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Q + internet + incels was a potent combination.

+ pandemic, which has created a bunch more people with nothing better to do than watch idiotic Youtube videos and then circle jerk over them and add new layers of bullshit. 

Yeah I think a drug problem might be easier to deal with. Deep down, almost all addicts/drunks/gamblers/whatever know they are wrong and are ashamed (first-hand experience) but Q-Nuts think we are the ones who have the problem, and not just that, but they believe they are on a Holy Crusade to Save the Children. They have to be deprogrammed. You can't just reason them into quitting or pack 'em off to rehab.  

On that Rabbithole podcast I heard this one woman who made it out the other side. She is the daughter of a retired career military intel officer and Q's lingo was convincing enough to ring true to her...But then he started dropping in Bible verses, and for her, it was like when Ralphie cracked the Ovaltine code. The spell was broken. She just refused to believe that anyone actively involved in military intelligence would go around proselytizing while "on the job."

So...she thinks Q is a fraud now, but she still believes that lizard people run the Swamp and there are Mole Children under the UN and Hollywood is full of Satanic Hollywood Cannibal Adrenochrome Blood Feasts, only Q is lying about how much he knows. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The lizard people angle has always puzzled me. Like too many episodes of Twilight Zone puzzled me. I appreciate lizards. As a gardener, they are beneficial predators. We have geckos, skinks, and green anoles in our garden. The anoles are my favorites as they frequently peek out from plants to watch the human putter around the plants.

Below is one of my little friends on the clematis, but I haven't quite figured out what a lizard person is. Is it someone like a sleestak?

The Prop Store of London - LA - Sleestak from Land of the ...

Ted Cruz?

Political leaders are “Lizard-People” and other conspiracy ...

Quite odd. Komodo dragon/monitor lizards are a little frightening, but I find the whole idea needs a reboot.

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

I'm pretty sure my sister is out front on this demographic shift.  I haven't talked to her about it yet, but it's a real bummer to even think about.  From what I can tell, her involvement in the essential oil community lead to an anti-vax echo chamber which has now morphed into running down the QAnon rabbit hole.

Depressing indeed.

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I'm pretty sure my sister is out front on this demographic shift.  I haven't talked to her about it yet, but it's a real bummer to even think about.  From what I can tell, her involvement in the essential oil community lead to an anti-vax echo chamber which has now morphed into running down the QAnon rabbit hole.

Depressing indeed.

We have the same sister?  Seriously, anti-vaxxer and starting to show signs of Q.  

My sis lives in North Texas and runs around with a bunch of very white, very suburban "oily mamas."  It seems that almost all of them are plowing head first into this BS.  She's also an evangelical, so I am holding out hope that her preacher or some other elder in the church will be shocked by her turn and try to snap her out of it.  I think that might be the only hope at this point.