The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

My sis lives in North Texas and runs around with a bunch of very white, very suburban "oily mamas."  It seems that almost all of them are plowing head first into this BS.  She's also an evangelical, so I am holding out hope that her preacher or some other elder in the church will be shocked by her turn and try to snap her out of it.  I think that might be the only hope at this point.

Lol. Evangelical? Dude, that guy is telling her Bill Gates is chipping people. He’ll push her even faster down the path to QLunacy. He’ll be the accelerant on the fire. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Depressing news:

I’ve seen this in my own family. It’s depressing as shit and makes you realize that most of us aren’t that much brighter than an average chimpanzee. If not for a precious few geniuses over the last few millennia, we’d all spend our short lives chasing elk herds with pointy sticks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I’ve seen this in my own family. It’s depressing as shit and makes you realize that most of us aren’t that much brighter than an average chimpanzee. If not for a precious few geniuses over the last few millennia, we’d all spend our short lives chasing elk herds with pointy sticks

At least in this scenario we wouldn't have a dying planet. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:43 PM, BrickHorn said:

I’ve seen this in my own family. It’s depressing as shit and makes you realize that most of us aren’t that much brighter than an average chimpanzee. If not for a precious few geniuses over the last few millennia, we’d all spend our short lives chasing elk herds with pointy sticks. 

If the elk herds had pointy sticks I don’t think we would have made it past the Stone Age regardless of those few geniuses 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/11/qanon-website-shuts-down-after-nj-man-identified-operator/3472475001/

A popular website for posts about the conspiracy group QAnon abruptly shut down after a fact-checking group identified the developer as a New Jersey man.

Qmap.pub is among the largest websites promoting the QAnon conspiracy, with over 10 million visitors in July, according to web analytics firm SimilarWeb Ltd., and served as the primary archive of QAnon’s posts. The website aggregates posts by Q, the anonymous figure behind the QAnon theory, and the creator of the Qmap.pub website is known online only as “QAppAnon.”

The fact-checking site Logically.ai identified Jason Gelinas of New Jersey on Sept. 10 as the “developer and mouthpiece” for the site. New Jersey state records connect QAppAnon to Gelinas’s home address, Bloomberg found.

Reached outside his home, Gelinas declined to comment on the Logically report, saying only that someone had sent it to him on Twitter after it was published.

“I’m not going to comment on any of that,” Gelinas said when asked if he was behind the website Qmap. “I’m not going to get involved. I want to stay out of it.”

Wearing an American flag baseball cap, Gelinas said that QAnon is a “patriotic movement to save the country.”

Hours after the initial contact from Bloomberg News, the website was no longer accessible.

A LinkedIn profile for Gelinas says he works as an information security analyst at Citigroup. Citigroup declined to comment.

lulz

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

An award winning film made by a young woman who shares her experiences as a social commentary against the sexual exploitation of children....

While...

right wing nuts freaking out about this film are the same people who take their honey boo boo and force them to be in these child pageants. 

How can kids growing up with these people as their moral guides and role models, hope to become perceptive adults connected to objective reality?
How can they come out of homes like this mentally unscathed?
How can they learn to reject nonsensical conspiracy when they have been weaned on it?

Pavlovitz nails it

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Soooo how is that supposed to forward the sex trafficking industry?  Once they know your location do they break into your house and kidnap you?  I don't follow their supposed logic.

1) Get location

2) Get underpants

3) ???

4) Profit

Putin and his team of cybertrolls have to be Randy_Marsh_spent.jpg literally everyday with how fucking stupid Americans are

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

We’re going to need mass deprogramming to try to save some of these people. 

I really don’t know how this happens. Fox, Breitbart, etc aren’t just going to turn on their viewers. And then you have the rise of OAN and the thousands of YouTube videos, Facebook groups, etc. 

This shit isn’t going away. It has infected millions of people. I don’t have an answer. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 6:38 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

The lizard people angle has always puzzled me. Like too many episodes of Twilight Zone puzzled me. I appreciate lizards. As a gardener, they are beneficial predators. We have geckos, skinks, and green anoles in our garden. The anoles are my favorites as they frequently peek out from plants to watch the human putter around the plants.

Below is one of my little friends on the clematis, but I haven't quite figured out what a lizard person is. Is it someone like a sleestak?

The Prop Store of London - LA - Sleestak from Land of the ...

Ted Cruz?

Political leaders are “Lizard-People” and other conspiracy ...

Quite odd. Komodo dragon/monitor lizards are a little frightening, but I find the whole idea needs a reboot.

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

The reference to Lizard people comes from the concept of the reptilian brain, or lizard brain.    I got told this a few years back by my ex-friend the local Q tard.

Reptilian complex[edit]

The reptilian complex (also known as the "R-complex", "reptilian brain" or "lizard brain") was the name MacLean gave to the basal ganglia, structures derived from the floor of the forebrain during development. The term derives from the idea that comparative neuroanatomists once believed that the forebrains of reptiles and birds were dominated by these structures. MacLean proposed that the reptilian complex was responsible for species-typical instinctual behaviours involved in aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays.[6]

• Like 1

A lot of the original Qtards were nerds who inhabited basements and loved to see themselves as ever so much clever than anyone else.   The originating group was fairly small.  As it grew, the conspiracy theories grew too.  Mainly because the core group had to keep putting up tests to the neophytes, almost like initiation rites.  Like "you want to be part of us, you have to believe this shit about the Rothschilds, or that's not the real Hillary walking around, its a clone, or JFK Jr is in the wings."  

As the group grew bigger more outlandish tests needed to be posed to insure the core group was still above all smarter than everyone else.   They honestly believed, and still do believe that their computer mastery could stop the world tomorrow with a full on assault through the interweb.  

I think it is about to be the snake that eats itself from the tail up.  It;s own methods to grow itself are going to catch up with them.   

These new recruits, these suburban women will latch onto it for a bit, but eventually will see how hollow it is and will abandon it.  They haven't taken the time to learn anything about the group they are all enamored with.   They have only picked up a few of the more possible (not probable) theories.   And when they abandon, they will burn the house down.  In other words, Q is about to taste the wrath of a woman made a fool many times over.   

But like Trump, Q moves so fast, all their bullshit is covered up with new deflective bullshit the next day.   The best thing anyone could do to hasten this is to start listing each and every dumbass theory these people have proposed.  You could release one every hour from now until the election and still not cover them all.   A Letterman top 10000 list of Q stupidity.  Hire some really sneaky ass influencers to start the ball rolling.  Nothing will turn those women faster than having someone laugh at them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really don’t know how this happens. Fox, Breitbart, etc aren’t just going to turn on their viewers. And then you have the rise of OAN and the thousands of YouTube videos, Facebook groups, etc. 

This shit isn’t going away. It has infected millions of people. I don’t have an answer. 

Pass a law requiring you to take an IQ test when you’re 16. If you score below 95, you don’t have the right to have children. I’m joking but....

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We went from Tea Party to these maniacs in about 11 years.  I shudder to think how horrible the next iteration of white trash assholes will be.

I miss the juggalos. did we forget about them? i feel like we forgot about them.

All we cared about was the magnets. Such simple, less stupid days

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

The reference to Lizard people comes from the concept of the reptilian brain, or lizard brain.    I got told this a few years back by my ex-friend the local Q tard.

Reptilian complex[edit]

The reptilian complex (also known as the "R-complex", "reptilian brain" or "lizard brain") was the name MacLean gave to the basal ganglia, structures derived from the floor of the forebrain during development. The term derives from the idea that comparative neuroanatomists once believed that the forebrains of reptiles and birds were dominated by these structures. MacLean proposed that the reptilian complex was responsible for species-typical instinctual behaviours involved in aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays.[6]

Bolded mine; I think they need to look at Rand Paul. His neighbor obviously was onto him.

Seriously, thanks for the info. I learn a lot from you all.

The Tea Party had morphed into the Freedom Caucus and that group (which included Jim Jordan among others) seems to be welcoming the Qpod. I'm not sure they're going to be compatible in the long run. Ultimately there has to be some sanity with your grift game or you fizzle. Freedom caucus may believe they can use the Q people to retain power due to the hive mentality, but it's going to get ugly real quick for all of us.

33 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

There is a whole lot of stupid in that video..........and I think the chick on the bench with the knife guy needs to use the bathroom, or she's tweaking.

She and her boyfriend remind me of Jennifer Coolidge (Stifler's Mom) and the Old Husband in "Best in Show."  When they're being interviewed about the things they have in common...

"We both have so much in common.  We both love knives.  And we love the outdoors.  And we love snow peas.  Tweaking.  Or not tweaking.  

11 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

We’re going to need mass deprogramming a meteor to try to save some of these people. 

Fixed

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Pass a law requiring you to take an IQ test when you’re 16. If you score below 95, you don’t have the right to have children. I’m joking but....

image.png.3af9b2ff0c110ce62ae23257e56d256e.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Agreed, I just don’t see how someone goes from believing that Donald Trump is leading an effort to take down a secret cabal of devil worshipping cannibal child molesters back to a normal well adjusted life. 

I’m just really glad my parent don’t fuck around on the Internet. 

I'd like to think it's more some mob mentality thing.  Much like the German populace before and during WW2.  Once the system that had brainwashed them was removed, the most of them came back to their senses, expressing remorse and humility.  Yes, there were the fanatics that clung to Nazism, but the majority went back to normal.  Well, as normal as a German can get, I suppose.  

And the bulk of Hitler's propaganda (at beast at the onset) had some believable basis, like pride in a country and its superiority, it's capacity to rise above the shame of the WW1 loss, to be a stellar example of what a country could be if they set their mind to it.  

But that's a lot saner than what Dark Horse just described, which is spot on.  

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Stupidity is not constrained by IQ test results in this case. Gullibility is certainly in play. 

I wish we had some test that was a combination of common sense, IQ and empathy.   

• Hook 'Em 2

The mob mentality mentioned above is why anyone and everyone who has any sanity left needs to take back the "Patriot" label that the GOP and the Q crowd has co-opted with great success. The have paired the Trump flag with the American flag to the point that their crowd doesn't distinguish the difference. That is a dangerous symbol.

We Are Americans needs to repeated over and over again by the Democratic Party and with lots and lots of American Flags. It reminds everyone that it is the United States of America not Trump not Biden.

As a side note, Q people are freaking out because Kamala Harris was speaking at a roundtable and said the "Harris Administration." That's going to get Fox aflutter. I have no idea if that's reliable, I didn't stop to verify so be forewarned that it could be manipulated.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Because grammar.
  • Hook 'Em 2