The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

A rising far-right conspiracy theory claims that a popular donut shop in Portland, OR, Voodoo Doughnuts, is a front for child trafficking. As of this writing, a YouTube video featuring the claim has more than 63,000 views, while the hashtag #donutgate appears to be gaining traction on Twitter. The allegation is an echoand an offshoot of Pizzagate, a conspiracy theory President Donald Trump supporters popularized during the 2016 election cycle, which baselessly claimed Democratic politicians operated a pedophilia ring from Washington, D.C. pizzeria Comet Ping Pong.

On August 4, a man named Michael Whelan, known on Twitter as VeganMikey went on Nathan Stolpman’s YouTube channel Lift the Veil to share an incident after, according to him, he “was made aware of people that were participating in sexual abuse and trafficking of children in the city of Portland, OR.” Stolpman claimed the incident was connected to the owner of Portland’s Voodoo Doughnuts and that they were going to “be linking this to Comet Pizza as well.”

1 hour ago, UncleCharlie said:

I listened to a few videos on YouTube by a believer named Praying Medic.  It's fucking scary, I fear those morons more than the Nazi movement.

It's the same morons. 

So Anonymous has been doing some work.  They doxed a main guy pushing Qanon on Reddit. He was from Arizona.

Also the guy arrested for starting some fires in California was a Qanon loyalist, judging from his Facebook posts.

I did some preliminary fact checking on this too.

Based on his social media pages, Clark is a sovereign citizen who believes in just about every kooky conspiracy out there, including QAnon, Pizzagate, Jade Helm 15, flat earth theories, NESARA, Jesuit conservancies, shape-shifting lizard overlords. You name it, he believes it.

I've read through eight years of Facebook posts, and he's been making sovereign arguments since at least mid-2010, when he was active in the Restore America Plan (RAP,) which later turned into the alt-gov group Republic of the united States of America (RuSA.)

The people who believe to the RuSA alternative government believe that the real/de jure) US government ceased to exist in 1871 and that an imposter/de facto government has been in power ever since.

To remedy this situation, RuSA has put together a substitute government true to the pre-1871 model and they are waiting until the current government collapses at which time they will step in with their "lawful" alt-gov and take control.

They have a fake President, VP, Cabinet, Supreme Court, House of Representatives, Marshal Service, and so on. Perhaps the most interesting bit is that they are allied with the Constitutional Sheriffs and Police Officers Association (CSPOA.)

Despite the group's significant early noise (they sent letters to the State Governors telling them to step down or else...) and mind-numbing levels of bureaucracy, they haven't ever really attracted more than a few thousand adherents.

One of their early supporters was the Forrest Clark, the arson suspect arrested in Southern California earlier this week.

DkNskyVU8AAwG4b?format=jpg&name=medium

Clark was very excited when Timothy Turner of Alabama was elected POTUS of the RuSA in 2010. Alas, Turner was unable to complete his Presidential term as he is currently serving 18 years in federal prison for fraud.

Clark was such an enthusiastic support he even traveled to the first real gathering of the group in Colorado in late 2010. President Turner is the guy in the middle, Clark is the one with the sunflower.

DkNs9KYU8AAVv91?format=jpg&name=900x900

I found several other sovereign markers, ranging from redemption theory schemes to tax protest scams.

Over the years, Clark bought into just about every nutty theory out there. Satanic rituals, shape-shifting lizard people, Jade Helm 15, Agenda 21, targeted individuals, medical quackery, and so on.

The guy was like a canary in a coal mine.  He was always one of the first true believers to glom onto whatever conspiracy theory was new and sexy that month.

While all this may sound harmless, his timeline in recent years is filled with pictures of advanced skin cancers on his leg and face, and he was treating this disease with home remedies he found online --baking soda and essential oils, for example.

Like so many in the country, he recently became fixated with fabricated politically motivated pedophilia, and was an early QAnon "researcher."

If you've followed me for a few months, you'll recognize several of his posts.

Fake Judge Anna, for example. (Full name and title: Anna Maria Wilhelmina Hanna Sophia Riezinger-von Reitzenstein von Lettow-Vorbeck, Private Attorney in service to His Holiness, Pope Francis)

DkNvEDzUYAA5vQf?format=jpg&name=small

And remember that fake cop who tried to convince people that Antifa was planning a violent overthrow of the government last November. Fake uniform, fake badge, fake cop car, criminal rap sheet. I posted about 5 threads debunking this guy.

DkNvUrqU4AAYcrT?format=jpg&name=small

Based on his timeline, Clark spent a lot of time on YouTube absorbing 9/11 truther theories, Sandy Hook was fake theories, and just about every major Alex Jones "false flag" story.

DkNvnWjUYAAhK4j?format=jpg&name=small

The So Cal HolyFire started next to Clark's cabin, but his was the only one of 14 cabins that wasn't destroyed. 20,000 people have been evacuated. countless animals maimed or killed. and as many as 17,000 homes are at risk.

DkNv4zLUYAA0akc?format=jpg&name=small

I get a lot of comments from conspiracy theorists who think it's annoying that I spend time debunking their myths, but these fake stories have real consequences.

In the case of Forrest Clark, nestled in between Sandy Hook and QAnon posts, there are conspiracy theories involving fires.

DkNyVN6UYAAC8V3?format=jpg&name=small

If you care to browse through the mind someone obsessed with conspiracy theories, here's his Facebook page. Realistically. it'll probably be shut down in the next couple of days. facebook.com/ForrestGClark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

incredulous.gif

I've seen this gif a million times, and I just noticed that the guy in black in the background does almost the exact same hand gesture as our favorite Jags fan, a few seconds later.

Perhaps they were both signaling to Q? Secret signal during a national televised football game...the ESPN cameraman in cahoots? Something big is coming! All will be revealed soon!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:36 PM, Chooky said:

Goat balls.  This shit is so far down the idiot trail it's hard to even laugh anymore.  All of it.  Close to half of this country is full on ready for an autocracy and all their leaders have to do now to create an enemy is simply lift a finger and point in a direction.  Any attempt at discourse with these gibbons is futile.  It'd be like trying to have a conversation with a group of skinheads at a keg party while they're amped up on bro power and the band 'Screwdriver.'  Unless people like George Will or P.J. O'Rourke learn to write in bumper sticker format, there's no reaching them.  Fuck it.  Yeah, there's a wave coming.  A dumb wave.  The dumbest wave imaginable.    

Just keep reminding yourself, approximately half the population is dumber than average.  Now, think about how dumb the average American is.  </georgecarlin>

24 minutes ago, Pods said:

We are facing a legitimate existential crisis. Hugo's alarm is more than justified.

Belittling it emboldens those who would see everything this country stands for destroyed. 

It’s okay, F250 doesn’t want regulation but like hardliners on almost anything, his position will be his undoing.  

It’s only going to take a few more catastrophic events from these whack jobs before they get labeled a terrorist organization or the government steps in because the social media platforms refuse to clean up their shit. 

But free market! 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s okay, F250 doesn’t want regulation but like hardliners on almost anything, his position will be his undoing.  

It’s only going to take a few more catastrophic events from these whack jobs before they get labeled a terrorist organization or the government steps in because the social media platforms refuse to clean up their shit. 

But free market! 

It's not about that.

I was just making fun of the post where you were blaming social media for feeding a guy craziness because social media feeds your compulsive nature to unhealthy levels.

You are an example of an unhealthy ingestion of social media.

thatsthejoke.jpg

18 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's not about that.

I was just making fun of the post where you were blaming social media for feeding a guy craziness because social media feeds your compulsive nature to unhealthy levels.

Side note, I wonder sometimes if OCD actually serves a purpose for humanity. The higher functioning ones are often people who just cannot let things go and seem to have this endless supply of energy to fight injustice. We sort of need that, I think. (I'm not suggesting Hugo specifically is OCD or anything, your comment just provoked that thought)

21 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's not about that.

thatsthejoke.jpg

And that’s fair.  

14 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Hugo specifically is OCD or anything, your comment just provoked that thought)

Oh, I get fixated on things at an OCD level. 

I like challenges at an unhealthy level. If I see a problem, I get pretty determined to see it solved.

Problem is, I neglect other shit.

I’ll eventually move on to another problem but for now, this stuff fascinates me.

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

Side note, I wonder sometimes if OCD actually serves a purpose for humanity. The higher functioning ones are often people who just cannot let things go and seem to have this endless supply of energy to fight injustice. We sort of need that, I think. (I'm not suggesting Hugo specifically is OCD or anything, your comment just provoked that thought)

Some of my best security code reviewers had a number of OCD issues and were on the spectrum. They were excellent at bug hunting but God awful at anything that required multitasking or any on the fly decision making.

One time, I had one of them assist during a security breach, I remember telling him, "I need you to help out out a fire not paint the fire hydrant." The dude could not keep up with the constant change in priorities involved in a breach.

6 hours ago, TornACL said:

I've seen this gif a million times, and I just noticed that the guy in black in the background does almost the exact same hand gesture as our favorite Jags fan, a few seconds later.

Perhaps they were both signaling to Q? Secret signal during a national televised football game...the ESPN cameraman in cahoots? Something big is coming! All will be revealed soon!

Big news coming next week!

20 hours ago, ndawg said:

Me, I'm at my day job working from home, and I'm here to procrastinate.

OCD serves a purpose. Are you sure your hands are clean? Maybe you should wash them again just to be certain. 

Are you sure your hands are clean? Maybe you should wash them again just to be certain. 

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

It is crazy/shocking/hilarious how many true believers populate texags.  They are all in and it's all about Hillary and human trafficking.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/294

It's not really surprising when you remember who these people are and the fact they have been trained to believe bullshit since fish camp.

350px-Aggie-logic.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_02_28_at_5.14.34_PM.png

tenor.gif

f92613c37952e1cc7e56e4b424390d62--aggie-

24 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Is it just an aggy phenomenon or is every chik fil a the most popular place in town now?  I mean here in aggy land they have cars stacked up 10+ deep in the drive through pretty much all day.  

I think that's just a Chik-Fil-A thing.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And those people vote. And there are lots of them. Like, enough to have a real role in electing a president.

It’s time to nuke ourselves and do the world a favor.

Nah. Just because we live in a state full of aggy shouldn’t mean we should just nuke ourselves. It’s our responsibility to point out to the world the idiocy of aggy and repress it and its goals as much as possible. 

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And those people vote. And there are lots of them. Like, enough to have a real role in electing a president.

It’s time to nuke ourselves and do the world a favor.

It is like an ocean of stupid, and I fear the rational among us will all die of exhaustion trying to boil it.