The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'd find it more heartening if the revelation were that everything Q told them was bullshit, including all the stuff about liberals and pedophilia. Instead, it seams those beliefs are being kept, it is only Q himself that is being questioned. 

I celebrate with unbridled enthusiasm every single step out of that hole, no matter how small, no matter how few.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Plenty of cults have predicted apocalyptic events on certain dates that never happened. Generally leads to a short-term reinvigoration followed by dissolution of the cult over time. Q has / will suffer the same fate, although the diehards will either keep spinning further down the rabbit hole or commit suicide. 

https://www.insider.com/a-once-thriving-doomsday-cult-has-shrunk-2020-2

https://slate.com/technology/2011/05/apocalypse-2011-what-happens-to-a-doomsday-cult-when-the-world-doesn-t-end.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seekers_(rapturists)

20+ million Seventh Day Adventists stand as an alarming counterexample. 

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Well this seems like a pretty big deal:

Well, we really had a great run, guys, didn't we? Did our best to frame innocent people, put lives in danger, incite an insurrection... that one kid in Jersey killed a mob boss! We'll always have the memories to replace all the jobs, friends and family members you've lost and I don't know about any of you that aren't facing potential prison time, but I can't wait to get started on our next project.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Haha 7

He's not wrong about good triumphing over evil today. He's just wrong about what that would look like.
I do find it heartening that most are finally realizing they've been had.

Are "most" of them, or some of them? Seems like a lot of them are too invested to admit defeat.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Are "most" of them, or some of them? Seems like a lot of them are too invested to admit defeat.

I celebrate with unbridled enthusiasm every single step out of that hole, no matter how small, no matter how few.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Well, we really had a great run, guys, didn't we? Did our best to frame innocent people, put lives in danger, incite an insurrection... that one kid in Jersey killed a mob boss! We'll always have the memories to replace all the jobs, friends and family members you've lost and I don't know about any of you that aren't facing potential prison time, but I can't wait to get started on our next project.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

This is the way.

We should all really try our hardest to applaud every incremental step these people around us make towards admitting they were duped.  Reserve your finger pointing and laughing for those who have already morphed their delusions to match the reality that Biden is now POTUS.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

This is the way.

We should all really try our hardest to applaud every incremental step these people around us make towards admitting they were duped.  Reserve your finger pointing and laughing for those who have already morphed their delusions to match the reality that Biden is now POTUS.

Yep, today is about celebrating the fact that our nation collectively backed away from the ledge.  But soon enough, we have to figure out how to live with all of these Trump supporters and vice versa.  If we don't, then what just happened with Trump will be repeated in the future.  I think a lot of it boils down to shoring up the middle class and making it to where the vast majority of Americans can live a comfortable middle class life.  The continued consolidation of wealth into the 1% is not sustainable and is a large part of what made so many successible to crackpot populism like Qanon.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep, today is about celebrating the fact that our nation collectively backed away from the ledge.  But soon enough, we have to figure out how to live with all of these Trump supporters and vice versa.  If we don't, then what just happened with Trump will be repeated in the future.  I think a lot of it boils down to shoring up the middle class and making it to where the vast majority of Americans can live a comfortable middle class life.  The continued consolidation of wealth into the 1% is not sustainable and is a large part of what made so many successible to crackpot populism like Qanon.

this is absolutely true.  while these idiots were ironically useful idiots for people working to ensure a continued divide between the billionaires and everyone else despite fancying themselves a bunch marats, dantons, and robespierres...the trumpkin/qanon movement is an extremely lame precursor to something else if the gini coefficient in this country continues to be pushed towards the extreme.

that said, things would be just a bit simpler if this particular group would just jonestown themselves.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, I can’t wish the q folks to Jonestown themselves, because I would be wishing some family members to kill themselves.  I just hope they can reflect and be a bit more discerning in what they choose to believe in the future while the powers that be fix the context where decent people can get caught up in a mass digital cult.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh.  "The Storm" turned out to have the same amount of moisture in it as Ben Shapiro's wife's vagina...

...when she see's a black man.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Okay if this doesn't shut them up I don't know what will.

Unless...it's part of the plan. Trust the plan.

140995753_10158536621094927_324040777075

more importantly, what does Toby Keith have to say?

46 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

This is the way.

I know I should think that way.

Maybe later.

For now, I hate these ignorant fucksticks and what they did to my country, and I expect some accountability.  I'll get past that at some point.  But not today, or tomorrow.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, I can’t wish the q folks to Jonestown themselves, because I would be wishing some family members to kill themselves.  I just hope they can reflect and be a bit more discerning in what they choose to believe in the future while the powers that be fix the context where decent people can get caught up in a mass digital cult.

counterpoint, go read texags for 15 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Well this seems like a pretty big deal:

So the dude who was instrumental in warping the minds of millions logs off and acts like nothing happened.

From a legal standpoint, did he break any laws? I mean he told fictional stories and millions of gullible intellectually challenged people believed him. I would love to see him held responsible but for what legal reason? I guess he could register Q as a religion and it would be no different than the other religions. Make believe stories.

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

So the dude who was instrumental in warping the minds of millions logs off and acts like nothing happened.

From a legal standpoint, did he break any laws? I mean he told fictional stories and millions of gullible intellectually challenged people believed him. I would love to see him held responsible but for what legal reason? I guess he could register Q as a religion and it would be no different than the other religions. Make believe stories.

i think he lives in japan.  who would have ever thought this guy would be the charismatic personality to cultivate a population of insane morons into destroying themselves.

1608037603637-screenshot-2020-12-15-at-1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know I should think that way.

Maybe later.

For now, I hate these ignorant fucksticks and what they did to my country, and I expect some accountability.  I'll get past that at some point.  But not today, or tomorrow.

It's hard. 

And I'm not talking about every Larry and Leroy I know who fell for this shit.  I'm talking about family and friends that we want to maintain a relationship with AND who show a willingness to admit that they were duped.  For those people, derision and shaming will not work - I've been trying that with one very old friend for more than 2 years with no results...  My plan now is to suppress the voice inside my head telling me to posterize him on the day when a big part of his world is crumbling and instead look for any glimmer that he's ready to enter reality with the rest of us. 

I'd want him to do the same thing for me if I was in the bottom of a bottle or whatever other dark place I might be stuck in and need some help finding my way out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

i think he lives in japan.  who would have ever thought this guy would be the charismatic personality to cultivate a population of insane morons into destroying themselves.

1608037603637-screenshot-2020-12-15-at-1

I loved him as Mitch in "Dazed & Confused."  Does he still touch the bridge of his nose a lot?  Holy shit, was that a sign to us like everytime he does it, we're supposed to take up arms against the government?  I knew it.  It all started with fucking post office boxes, which is a felony offense.  

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

It's hard. 

And I'm not talking about every Larry and Leroy I know who fell for this shit.  I'm talking about family and friends that we want to maintain a relationship with AND who show a willingness to admit that they were duped.  For those people, derision and shaming will not work - I've been trying that with one very old friend for more than 2 years with no results...  My plan now is to suppress the voice inside my head telling me to posterize him on the day when a big part of his world is crumbling and instead look for any glimmer that he's ready to enter reality with the rest of us. 

I'd want him to do the same thing for me if I was in the bottom of a bottle or whatever other dark place I might be stuck in and need some help finding my way out.

Just like any other addict whose disease has wrought destruction and mayhem all around, the choice and actions to enter recovery are all on them.  If they want to choose to break free, and take the actions necessary to do so, it's up to them.

We didn't break them, and we can't fix them.  It's up to them.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We didn't break them, and we can't fix them.  It's up to them.

No doubt.  It's just that they are much more likely to get "fixed" if they don't get shit all over with nanny-nanny-boo-boos at the first sign of starting to look for a mechanic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The Royal We said:

I want to dunk on the asshats in my life that fell for this shit, but I've been reading about how to best approach those that I actually want to maintain a relationship with and it's certainly not rubbing their nose in it like a dog who peed in the house.  I really only have 2 people that fall into this category, but thought I would mention it just in case any of you guys have people that you still want to have in your life.  I'll be reaching out to them today and while they probably fully expect me to kick them in the nuts, I'm not even going to say "I told you so." 

Now, if they continue to double/triple/quadruple down and try to hold out hope that Trump is coming back, then I'm probably going to lose my shit.

Season 5 Reaction GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I just had to see one of them about an hour ago and first thing I said was "wasn't it supposed to storm today? Hmm, who would have thought all that Q garbage turned out to be trump and republicans playing a bunch of idiots for votes with pure bullshit. Wonder who has been saying that for a long time. What do ya know?"

Fuck those people.  Their racism, hatred, and selfishness won't allow me to just forgive them. I won't disown them but if they want to play nice now they gotta kiss my ass a bit

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I dunno, I kinda wanna bang it while saying shit like this is a tremendous dick, the likes of which you have never seen before. Some people say it's the best dick

Yeah, but what if your dick was really tiny, like not even 6 or 6.5 inches?  Wouldn't you feel like a fraud?  It's like standing in your car hole garage and calling yourself a car.

This is our concern dude.
I don't think those closest to me are really that deep into it, but some of the people in my extend circle of friends that got them into Q in the first place have to be in a bad, bad place today.  I can't imagine the shame they feel deep down and the pit in their stomach they got as Joe took the oath today - red ears, sweaty palms and pure, uncut shame all crushing them like ton of bricks.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I keep one uber-deplorable on my Fb friend list. This guy checks most of the boxes, so he's a good proxy for right wing nutters as a whole. Racist, anti-semite, "pastor" of some charismatic tongue-speaking fundy church around Celburne, prepper, 51 year old blue collar white guy. Today he is big mad at the Qtards for being so gullible. You see, Q was obviously a LEFT wing propaganda stunt with the "trust the plan" business. They should have all been out taking ACTION* instead of sitting around waiting for some Q plan which was OBVIOUSLY never going to happen. 

*He's never taken any kind of "action" other than bitching on facebook and posting pictures of himself shooting guns on his ranchette in Johnson County. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

giphy.gif

It was the perfect set up.  The 10th Mountain Div had surrounded all the traitors in DC.  Trump was safely away.  They could round up all the pedos, blood drinkers, communists, marxists, CCP controlled, and corrupted officials in one fell swoop.

But yeah, the folks on Texags still believe that their eyes have been opened by all the facts that support massive celebrity/Democrat child trafficking rings, election fraud that changed the outcome, long game communist take over of America.  It's just that Q (the messenger) gave up the fight, but it's all truth left behind.

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I keep one uber-deplorable on my Fb friend list. This guy checks most of the boxes, so he's a good proxy for right wing nutters as a whole. Racist, anti-semite, "pastor" of some charismatic tongue-speaking fundy church around Celburne, prepper, 51 year old blue collar white guy. Today he is big mad at the Qtards for being so gullible. You see, Q was obviously a LEFT wing propaganda stunt with the "trust the plan" business. They should have all been out taking ACTION* instead of sitting around waiting for some Q plan which was OBVIOUSLY never going to happen. 

*He's never taken any kind of "action" other than bitching on facebook and posting pictures of himself shooting guns on his ranchette in Johnson County. 

He's partially correct. Q was amplified as part of a deep state psyop...Russia's deep state.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

This is the way.

You're right, and you're a better person than me.

Because I'm gonna point and laugh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.axios.com/qanon-biden-inauguration-d5329fde-ee80-4a25-915e-93a1742b57dc.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Supporters of former President Donald Trump who thought he was about to stop the inauguration, seize power and crush his enemies were left blinking in the sunlight Wednesday as President Biden took the oath of office.

Why it matters: It's an inflection point for anyone who realizes they've been strung along by QAnon and related strands of pro-Trump magical thinking. They could either retreat from conspiracy theories or tumble deeper down the rabbit hole.

Driving the news: Pro-Trump Telegram channels and other online forums were filled Wednesday with posts from users angry and disappointed that Trump did not black out U.S. communications networks and send in the military to arrest Biden and other Democrats and celebrities.

"The military, law enforcement, fbi, cia, and doj all betrayed their oath to the constitution and the american people," read one top-ranked post on a leading pro-Trump forum.

"Jesus was dead for three days before he was resurrected. Never lose hope," read another on a separate forum for QAnon believers.

Between the lines: Those two currents — frustration vs. lingering hope that there's still a grand plan to be revealed — dominated far-right online spaces Wednesday.

Once Trump lost re-election, it was inevitable that it would come to this. QAnon-style thinking, in which a secret plan to secure total victory over the left is just around the corner, has grown increasingly central to many Trump supporters' worldview, as GOP Sen. Ben Sasse warned in The Atlantic last week.

Biden's inauguration marked a hard stop of a sort that QAnon believers haven't had to confront since the conspiracy theory began in 2017.

The big picture: QAnon prophecies have failed before — all of them, in fact.

Spoiler

But that hasn't stopped QAnon, which began as a close cousin of the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, from spinning out into a sort of grand unifying conspiracy theory.

Along the way, it has absorbed countless far-right, science-skeptical and simply contrarian views involving topics ranging from child trafficking to 5G to vaccines to medical masks.

The question now is what happens to that broad coalition, now left angry and aimless.

What's next: "If #QAnon begins to splinter soon, we'll need to pay attention to the emergence of potentially violent offshoots," tweeted Colin Clarke, director of policy and research at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm.

"We know some adherents possess the propensity for extreme violence, those who feel duped could grow exceedingly desperate & seek to lash out. Humiliation fuels rage."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What's next: "If #QAnon begins to splinter soon, we'll need to pay attention to the emergence of potentially violent offshoots," tweeted Colin Clarke, director of policy and research at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm.

"We know some adherents possess the propensity for extreme violence, those who feel duped could grow exceedingly desperate & seek to lash out. Humiliation fuels rage."

Bingo.  This is our concern, dude.

• Rage+1 1