The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

Wow, that is a huge blow to Qanon folks.  That was a focal point of their group and a very active sub.

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-great-awakening-subreddit-conspiracy-theory-q-anon-latest-storm-1119060

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/406344-reddit-bans-qanon-subreddit

Reddit’s move to get rid of the critical Q group comes one day after it banned r/milliondollarextreme, according to BuzzFeed News, a subreddit for the sketch comedy group Million Dollar Extreme that is popular with the alt-right. The subreddit was one of the most popular on the site, sharing white supremacist and white nationalist content.

Over the past year, Reddit has taken more general steps to clean up its platform amid abuse and problematic content.

Not just one sub.  

The community, called /r/GreatAwakening, had more than 71,000 subscribers making over 10,000 comments on average per day before it was banned, NBC News reported. A backup subreddit, /r/the_greatawakening, was also banned, along with 17 other Qanon focused communities, including r/BiblicalQ and r/Quincels.

The Qanon subreddits have been host to escalating threats of violence from proponents of the conspiracy theory — despite repeated calls from the community’s moderators urging them to stop.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:43 AM, Bama Chick said:

“Qincels”

I bet that’s a totally sane group of dudes.

I read that and thought to myself, self, if those fuckers would quit believing in every hair brained theory that they read on the internet and would go talk to the types of people they would like to have sex with, they’d be a lot happier, because maybe they’d actually learn enough of a game to get laid once in awhile. 

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I am a bit startled at how happy supposed liberals are about the absolute crackdown on free speech.  Due process?  Nope, fuck it.  Free speech?  Who needs it?  Very Hitlerian.  Everything is gesundheit.

Hot take from someone who clearly doesn’t understand how free speech works in a free society.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I am a bit startled at how happy supposed liberals are about the absolute crackdown on free speech.  Due process?  Nope, fuck it.  Free speech?  Who needs it?  Very Hitlerian.  Everything is gesundheit.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Notice that it says Congress and not Twitter or Reddit, both of which are private companies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Here's a tip: it ain't free speech if there's a long list of terms of service.

Bitte schoen.

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Actually I think you have seen a fair bit of noise on this site about what appears to be a lead in to the crackdown on free speech. However, we are talking about actual free speech issues, such as POTUS calling the feee press the enemy of the people. What other examples are there that so called liberals are ignoring?

So, where do you buy these Q shirts? Is there a Q store or something?

I ask because there are a bunch of people/groups, anonymous included, trying to expose Q and if there is a site selling tons of shirts you'd think it'd be easy to follow the money.

Edited by NaTeWHO

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 4:22 PM, Fondren & Main said:

It's nice to see that some on the left are actually coming out and supporting private business owner's rights though amirite? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has to be really fun to be one of the Q pushers from the top level.  Can you imagine the board meetings?  It has to be like a Seinfeld writer's meeting.

"Ok, so there's a guy who peddles soup in midtown Manhattan and he's a Nazi, but if you order in a certain specific way, you get your soup, and no one is the wiser.  But all it takes to take him down is an armoir that can only be hacked by taking up with street toughs who will steal the FAKE armoir that is bandied about on the street by one of the unknowing plebs!"

• Like 3

On 11/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, SmokeyTheBear said:

The ones I know tend to think of themselves as computer geniuses that will destroy our infrastructure and banking system, if we mess with Trump, their god.  They can do that without leaving mom's basement.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, SmokeyTheBear said:

Nothing these losers do scares me in the least.  Get a grip, my man.  They fit every jabba the hut looking dbag living in mom’s bassment stereotype you can dream up.  

On 9/4/2018 at 2:55 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russians absolutely have involvement in it.  It aligns so perfectly with their designs on the American population and nothing coming out of Q is anti-Putin/Russian.

But it’s also a massive clickbait scheme to attract niche platform support, like Texags & TD.

Another observation I’ve made is the Kremlin isn’t only into sowing discord and confusion online, they’re now into cult building.

This is hilarious.  You reject some over the top conspiracy nonsense like Q anon, but have plenty of your own slightly less convoluted versions that you believe with complete confidence.  The gap between you and a typical college graduate is greater than the gap between you and the typical Q anon lunatic.  You repeat & spam this place with ridiculous talking points day and night.  You claimed that Kavanauhh would not even testify before Congress to answer the claims from Ford’s allegations because he was afraid of Kamala Harris.  This is the type of laughably ridiculous bullshit you repeat with no thought because you don’t have the ability to analyze and so you copy and paste any old bullshit as long as it aligns with what you want to believe.  Q anon are your people; they just sit on the other side of the aisle. 

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nothing these losers do scares me in the least.  Get a grip, my man.  They fit every jabba the hut looking dbag living in mom’s bassment stereotype you can dream up.  

No, they don't. They fit the school shooter, Austin serial bomber, nightclub shooter stereotype. And like said above, they have the intelligence to fiddle with infrastructure and data systems that can disrupt society.

Years ago I was loosely involved in anonymous. I wasn't a master hacker by any means but lived on their boards and know that destructive actions are fun to them. Give them a real purpose, and that scares me. 

3 hours ago, Aphelion said:

This is hilarious.  You reject some over the top conspiracy nonsense like Q anon, but have plenty of your own slightly less convoluted versions that you believe with complete confidence.  The gap between you and a typical college graduate is greater than the gap between you and the typical Q anon lunatic.  You repeat & spam this place with ridiculous talking points day and night.  You claimed that Kavanauhh would not even testify before Congress to answer the claims from Ford’s allegations because he was afraid of Kamala Harris.  This is the type of laughably ridiculous bullshit you repeat with no thought because you don’t have the ability to analyze and so you copy and paste any old bullshit as long as it aligns with what you want to believe.  Q anon are your people; they just sit on the other side of the aisle. 

This is high quality bait.  Good job, good effort.

• Like 2