TEXAS GAMEDAY 29 NOV 2019: wake up SURLY... BEAT TECH!

gclass

Herman sucked the air out of our enthusiasm and seems incapable of turning this around.

There are obviously several areas of concern but most are physical (play calling, line play, pass coverage, etc.)

BUT the lack of fire is really disturbing.  When's  the last time we saw defensive players slapping someone on

their butt and encouraging them?  Jumping around, enthusiastically, showing emotion?  Acting like it matters?

(Not talking about the sidelines faking it on kickoffs, either).

Blowing bubble gum bubbles doesn't inspire anything except ridicule.  Imagine Saban or Bellichick or Darryl

or (fill in the blank) acting like Herman does.  Another chapter in the episode of "What's Happened to Texas"

is about to unfold.  Expensive payout, frantic coach search, a speech by the new guy about "building the

program" (whoopee, heard that before?),  five star recruits playing like walk-ons, rinse and repeat.

I'm WAY too old to go through these continual cycles.

Merry Christmas all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboyropers said:

Herman sucked the air out of our enthusiasm and seems incapable of turning this around.

There are obviously several areas of concern but most are physical (play calling, line play, pass coverage, etc.)

BUT the lack of fire is really disturbing.  When's  the last time we saw defensive players slapping someone on

their butt and encouraging them?  Jumping around, enthusiastically, showing emotion?  Acting like it matters?

Probably when Herman starts calling plays again like he used to on offense? Maybe if we manage to put up points before the final seconds of the half/game? I'd wager that if the offense managed to put up the 40 something ppg they were averaging earlier in the season, you'd see a different defense at this point. 

Of course, we don't come to play on both sides of the ball every game, so in that event, it'll still be a one possession game... fuck this season can't be over soon enough. Can't wait to read these boards this weekend and watch whatever transformation is about to take place. 

Tech hates being 4-7 and their fans hate their coach’s guts, but I bet they are more excited to be playing than our guys.

Four months ago, we were gonna win 10, or 11. I said nine, and I was called everything but a white man. Now seven seems like we’re climbing Mt. Everest.

A win, any win today, will be great. My wife’s family are all raider red’s. They are going to sweep us in hoops, and probably on the diamond this season, so we need a win today. 

FIGHT!!!

My guess is that if you recorded the Cowboys game yesterday you could start that at 11am and let it run and it will be about the same.  This team will do a few good things early but because Tom is a dumb fuck and doesn't build on early momentum (which I guess you got to believe in to build on) they will let Tech hang around then then fold like the checked out players that they are the first sign of true adversity.  

Did they just show in Texas Gameday a shot of the student section that were already seated (and which were comprised of one single row of people)? If so, contrast that with similarly timed shots of the student section during the prior games to fittingly show how this season has turned out.

*I know it’s the day after Thanksgiving and shit weather and all but it’s still pretty fitting

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I, for one, would like to know what G Class did to piss so many people off.

^^^ @Bullneck actually nothing my good pal.  i'm just a BIG TIME longhorn FANATIC... that will canvas this mighty globe for my horns.  some may proclaim that they do not like my posting style.  however, i have NEVER EVER tried in earnest to win any sort of GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORD or heck, any form of PEACE PRIZE in regards to the best OPEN FORUM posting competition.  just like you... i just harbor my very own style and i'm pleased with it.  much obliged, for your query.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours.  HOOK'EM!

While this game is in no way on the same level of disgruntlement, I attended Mackovic’s last game at home against Kansas.  Talk about empty seats.  While the crowd was most sparse I had ever seen before, I was amazed at the number of empty pint bottles on the ground below seats while leaving when the game was over.  Looked like about three empty bottles for every person in attendance.