Michigan - Ohio State

IDIOTsavant

Just now, aggie08 said:

I'm convinced that the reason it's still around is solely based on the Dolphins beating Belichick with it a decade ago in Brady's injury season.

I watched UW try it on three separate 4th and shorts in the same game this season, and it failed each time. Only thing stupider than using it in the first place is going back to it over and over when it's been proven to fail. 

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

I'm convinced that the reason it's still around is solely based on the Dolphins beating Belichick with it a decade ago in Brady's injury season.

It's time in the sun was when Arkansas used it with McFadden and Felix Jones. After that, people realized that unless one of the RBs is a true passing threat, just stack the box and leave the RB to decide whether to run into 20 guys or try to shot-put the ball to a TE.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

At this point, it's just lazy coaching to have a run-of-the-mill Wildcat package.

The Wildcat is what UK has been playing the last 6/7 weeks since losing their starting QB in W2 and the backup getting hurt vs. UF.  Lynn Bowden is a WR playing the QB position, in today's game with UL, UK had only 4 yds passing but over 500 yds rushing winning 45-13. 

This is why I an baffled why anyone would think Michigan would beat Ohio St. Harbaugh is still the coach. Michigan has nowhere near the talent or coaching. Yes they have looked lately against the likes of Notre Dame and Indiana. Neither are even close to Ohio St.

I don't think Harbaugh will ever beat Ohio St as long as he's at Michigan. Same shit, different year. Hype behind the game and Ohio St drills them into the ground.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This rivalry is boring and nowhere remotely close to one of the best in the country.

College football is a regional sport, though. Every fanbase and region thinks their rivalries are the best. We care about Texas-OU here. Do people on the west coast or midwest really care about it? Just like I really don't care about Ohio St-Michigan. Or the West Virginia-Pitt game back in the day. This game means everything to those fanbases.

Just now, immamac said:

Harbaugh gots to go. Can't lose 5 straight in blowout fashion to Ohio State. 

My season tickets are worth significantly less while he still coaches there. 

The apologists will say "but urban even admitted that he thought JT barrett was short on 4th down" 

gold jacket green jacket who gives a shit. Jimmy isnt going to get it done. I dont know what happened from his first 2 years to these past 3 but he literally looks like he doesnt give a fuck if they win or if they get their shit pushed in. 

I've always liked the Texas vs OU analogy for this series but it's very quickly devolving to something more like Texas vs aggy or Bedlam. Just noncompetitive. A whole generation of Ohio State fans has grown up 17-3 against Michigan in the past 20 years. If this continues and Ohio State gets a lead over UM all time, you have to wonder if they start thinking of PSU as their biggest rival. Their games have been much more competitive and consequential.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I've always liked the Texas vs OU analogy for this series but it's very quickly devolving to something more like Texas vs aggy or Bedlam. Just noncompetitive. A whole generation of Ohio State fans has grown up 17-3 against Michigan in the past 20 years. If this continues and Ohio State gets a lead over UM all time, you have to wonder if they start thinking of PSU as their biggest rival. Their games have been much more competitive and consequential.

That's entirely possible, considering everyone in the Big 10 is a rival with some weird trophy for their game. 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

O-H-I-O being chanted in the big house is definitely a new all time low for the program. Fuck the coaches for allowing it to happen, fuck the team for allowing it to happen and fuck the fans for allowing it to happen. 

It’s happened several times before. 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

O-H-I-O being chanted in the big house is definitely a new all time low for the program. Fuck the coaches for allowing it to happen, fuck the team for allowing it to happen and fuck the fans for allowing it to happen. 

Well, to be fair- it also happened during the 2017 game... and the 2015 game... and back in 2009.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1