Camping World Bowl

Vic Mackey

Well, sorry about that.  

As for the bowl, obviously either ISU or KSU has to end up at 8-4.  And I think OSU will be competitive with OKL today, but will also end up at 8-4.  I think OKL getting that win over a Top 20 OSU today, and Top 10 BAY next weekend, that has to be enough to push them into the CFP, especially if their lone loss to KSU, ends up being to an 8-4 Wildcat team that is the Top 25 before bowl season.  That means BAY to Sugar Bowl.  Alamo Bowl then gets to pick from basically the 8-4 team that emerges from ISU/KSU, 8-4 OSU, and 7-5 TEX.  I still think the Alamo will give TEX a hard look since ISU was just there last year and OSU there just three years ago.  While we went 3 times under Mack Brown, it's been awhile since we've made that bowl game (6 years to be exact).  But an 8-4 KSU would be very tempting for them over us, since they travel well and are excited about where their program is headed again (despite our outlook on ours).  In the end, 8-4 OSU probably gets that spot, with us as a very close second.  So yeah, that puts us in Camping World Bowl.  

The other outlier is what if OKL doesn't make the CFP after all.  They go to the Sugar Bowl.  BAY gets the Alamo Bowl bid.  I think Camping World Bowl would really prefer us over that other pool of teams.  

I don't see any plausible way we fall to the Texas Bowl, let alone the Liberty Bowl.  If OSU were to upset OKL, I think that's the only way.  

Well, sorry about that.  
As for the bowl, obviously either ISU or KSU has to end up at 8-4.  And I think OSU will be competitive with OKL today, but will also end up at 8-4.  I think OKL getting that win over a Top 20 OSU today, and Top 10 BAY next weekend, that has to be enough to push them into the CFP, especially if their lone loss to KSU, ends up being to an 8-4 Wildcat team that is the Top 25 before bowl season.  That means BAY to Sugar Bowl.  Alamo Bowl then gets to pick from basically the 8-4 team that emerges from ISU/KSU, 8-4 OSU, and 7-5 TEX.  I still think the Alamo will give TEX a hard look since ISU was just there last year and OSU there just three years ago.  While we went 3 times under Mack Brown, it's been awhile since we've made that bowl game (6 years to be exact).  But an 8-4 KSU would be very tempting for them over us, since they travel well and are excited about where their program is headed again (despite our outlook on ours).  In the end, 8-4 OSU probably gets that spot, with us as a very close second.  So yeah, that puts us in Camping World Bowl.  
The other outlier is what if OKL doesn't make the CFP after all.  They go to the Sugar Bowl.  BAY gets the Alamo Bowl bid.  I think Camping World Bowl would really prefer us over that other pool of teams.  
I don't see any plausible way we fall to the Texas Bowl, let alone the Liberty Bowl.  If OSU were to upset OKL, I think that's the only way.  

2e0a803565e2d3f89c9dbf7c242dcd2b.jpg

7-5 gets us Alamo or Camping World.

Dumb hypothetical - 8-4 - what do we get?
9-3?

I think 8-4 and it’s still camping world or Alamo. 9-3 Alamo with chance to play in bxiiccg and maybe bounce to sugar - but not likely.

I mention all this to say that it seems to me like there are 3 reasonable expectations:

1. Undefeated - play in playoffs
2. 1-3 losses - playoff or a decent bowl
3. 4-5 losses - this is for fun - there’s nothing to be proven - at least let the boys go to Disney world for their outing instead of Northstar mall or Herman Zoo.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Well, sorry about that.  

So...are we cool? I can give you Disney World tips...err I mean if you happen to have people related to you that might be of an age where that place would be of interest to them. 

I think two bowls wouldn't want us, Alamo and Texas. We were just in Houston and it was a sparse showing. Alamo would take us but I'm sure they'd rather have Baylor, Iowa State or Kansas where they can get out of town people coming in and buying up all the hotel rooms that Texas fans wouldn't. Camping World never thought we'd be an option so I'm sure they'd jump at getting Texas in their secondary bowl. 

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, the ND talk in this thread confuses me.  2 loss ND will be in a NY6 at large, no?

No. Notre Dame's only tie-in is the Orange Bowl and that's only if it doesn't take a Big 10 or SEC team first. If Alabama is there for the taking, they'll grab Bama. Then the ACC CCG loser goes there to play Bama. Peach and Fiesta are the playoff locations so their at large bids aren't available.  

Edited by mdmost

Well, since I live in Tampa, I guess I will be the one Horn fan in attendance.
I'm in Longwood and I ain't going. especially if it's the fucking irish. already been to one bowel game against those fucks and their goddamn drunken midget. here come the irish here come the irish. fuck that noise.

7-5 gets us Alamo or Camping World.

Dumb hypothetical - 8-4 - what do we get?
9-3?

I think 8-4 and it’s still camping world or Alamo. 9-3 Alamo with chance to play in bxiiccg and maybe bounce to sugar - but not likely.

I mention all this to say that it seems to me like there are 3 reasonable expectations:

1. Undefeated - play in playoffs
2. 1-3 losses - playoff or a decent bowl
3. 4-5 losses - this is for fun - there’s nothing to be proven - at least let the boys go to Disney world for their outing instead of Northstar mall or Herman Zoo.
fuck disney world. and universal. for a good time take em to Fun Spot.

https://fun-spot.com/

^ (H-town horn post) 
that will mean a little something to the selection committee, as will overall record (KSU and OSU have us there, but we did beat them head to head and are just sexier on paper no matter when we're at 60% interest level versus their 90% interest level).

But remember that OSU was at the CW Bowl in 2017.  Texas, KSU, and ISU have never been there.  You can toss out ISU from that group as being more alluring than TEX or KSU (based on overall record, finish to the season, and ratings/travel).  We ain't falling lower than the CW Bowl unless Baylor upsets OU and OU can't get an at-large bid to the Cotton Bowl after that.  So all that to say, there's still a 10-20% chance we fall to the Texas Bowl.  

ACC is only getting one team into the CFP/NY6 group-Clemson. If UVA were to upset them, Clemson still gets either a CFP spot or Cotton Bowl spot while UVA takes Orange Bowl spot as conference champion.  Which would also affect the Citrus Bowl spot for the ACC.  But let's say Clemson hangs on to form and the ACC misses out on Orange Bowl/Citrus Bowl possibility since they probably won't even have anybody else ranked in the Top 25 after Championship Saturday except for maybe an "Others Receiving Votes" in UVA at 9-4.  Even if UVA or VA TEch grabs one of those other coveted payday spots, the next bowl in their pecking order is the CampingWorld Bowl game.  The ACC has some leeway like most big conferences do, but there's no fucking way a 6-6 UNC gets that 2nd/3rd spot.  Absolutely no way even with the ratings bonanza that Mack Brown versus UT would get.  Long before that, it'd be Louisville (7-5), Wake Forest (8-4), Florida State (6-6, way more likely than UNC), UVA (9-4), VA Tech (8-4), Miami (6-6), or Pitt (7-5),

And if OSU goes from the Big XII, VA TEch won't go.  And vice-versa.  Could very well be Texas v. Virginia as a tribute to Phil Dawson retiring from the league finally.  They'd very much salivate over Texas/FSU or Texas/Miami as well.    I don't see how NOtre Dame slides down to Orlando (that's what she said)>  

Edited by Lobo

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Interesting day in the Big 12 with the 4 way tie for 3rd.

Texas went 2-1, Texas beats out OSU with the HTH.

OSU went 2-1

KSU went 1-2, KSU beats ISU with the HTH.

ISU went 1-2

Yep, all that and we still finish 3rd in the Big 12. Camping World Bowl if OU goes to playoffs, Alamo if they get left out. 

Utah drops to the Alamo if they lose to Oregon. If Utah wins, they go to the playoff or Rose. Then Oregon falls to the Alamo. Assuming OU beats Baylor and makes the playoffs, we’d go to the Alamo as Baylor would take the Sugar Bowl spot that OU vacates. If OU doesn’t make the playoff, we go to Camping World as OU goes to the Sugar and Baylor goes to San Antonio. 

Edited by mdmost