Camping World Bowl

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Utah drops to the Alamo if they lose to Oregon. If Utah wins, they go to the playoff or Rose. Then Oregon falls to the Alamo. Assuming OU beats Baylor and makes the playoffs, we’d go to the Alamo as Baylor would take the Sugar Bowl spot that OU vacates. If OU doesn’t make the playoff, we go to Camping World as OU goes to the Sugar and Baylor goes to San Antonio. 

Curious, does the Alamo or the Camping World get first pick? Never sure who is higher in the pecking order these days

3 minutes ago, Xian said:

Beating ND would actually be a decent way to end the year.  

Utah and udub would rape us. Do not want. 

Yes Utah I'd want to avoid at all costs. They'll be mad to be in a level of bowl we are in. Washington we could beat. 

2 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

I would be pleased if OU gets elbowed out of the playoffs by f’ing Utah. 

Utah hasn't beaten a Top 25 team this year. The only team they played ranked in the Top 25 was SC and they lost. 

Committee ranked OU at 7 just to squeeze them in if they win out. 

Brand matters.

If they beat Oregon, that's a top 12-14 team. The committee might move Oregon to the top 10. Both lost by 7 on the road to an 8-4 team. If Utah throttles Oregon, they have a good chance, especially if OU struggles with Baylor again. Frankly, OU shouldn't get double credit for beating Baylor given this stupid game only exists to artificially inflate the Big 12 team's resume. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Much as I'd love it to happen, Utah over OU ain't happening.

CFP rankings have Utah ahead of OU right now.  But if GA beats LSU, the Dogs are in, along with LSU.  Too bad for them, their RB Swift is probably out; LSU will most likely win.

back to Utah, being ahead already and beating Oregon is better than OU beating Baylor, I'd imagine the Utes would get in, which would be awesome.

If Utah makes the CFP , who goes to the Rose , especially considerng Ohio St is in the CFP.

Edited by NowThis

It’s pretty fucking simple for anyone who has paid attention. We need Baylor to brutally rape OU next weekend, Utah to beat Oregon, and then Utah needs to roll through the playoffs for their first national title while Baylor sobs and claims highway robbery. And then we also need OU to get depantsed again in their bowl game. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

CFP rankings have Utah ahead of OU right now.  But if GA beats LSU, the Dogs are in, along with LSU.  Too bad for them, their RB Swift is probably out; LSU will most likely win.

back to Utah, being ahead already and beating Oregon is better than OU beating Baylor, I'd imagine the Utes would get in, which would be awesome.

If Utah makes the CFP , who goes to the Rose , especially considerng Ohio St is in the CFP.

I agree about the resume, but I have little faith in the committee not to pick the "name" team. Rose would be Oregon - Wisco.

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I agree about the resume, but I have little faith in the committee not to pick the "name" team. Rose would be Oregon - Wisco.

ESPN spent $6 billion on the CFP.  IF any reasonable argument can be made for the name brand "helmet" team, ESPNwill instruct its selection committee to put in the brand-name team.  So yes, OU's definitely going in over Utah if they have the same record and are both 1-loss P5 champs.  Texas would get the same benefit of the doubt, if we could ever stop tripping over our own dicks and win a conference championship.

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s pretty fucking simple for anyone who has paid attention. We need Baylor to brutally rape OU next weekend, Utah to beat Oregon, and then Utah needs to roll through the playoffs for their first national title while Baylor sobs and claims highway robbery. And then we also need OU to get depantsed again in their bowl game. 

All of this.  Anything that's good for OU is bad for us.  Anything that's good for Baylor is also bad for us, but not as costly.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

My rooting interests in college football are real fucking simple:

1) The University of Texas

2) Whoever can help Texas by winning

thats it. Im not a pussy that has a 2nd team or a cousins-mothers-favorite team or some bullshit childhood team

its texas

I personally don't care who wins between baylor/ou hope it's a boring shitfest of a game so even the winner would get ranked lower than coming into the game

On 12/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Our fanbase is literally drinking its way into games our team didn't earn.

We are looking at nasty weather tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning. With ISU in the morning and then those two playoff games, Saturday ought to be a pretty cool day of football. Hoping to sit on my ass all day long and watch games. 

14 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

We are looking at nasty weather tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning. With ISU in the morning and then those two playoff games, Saturday ought to be a pretty cool day of football. Hoping to sit on my ass all day long and watch games. 

We're just supposed to get a bunch of rain at this point, but it will still be pointless to do anything else outside.

A group of buddies (some Hawk, some Clone) are all gathering at one central place tomorrow night before Iowa's game to start a 2 day Bowlapalooza.  Same crew I did the CyHawk game with, so the food will be top notch.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, MrPhlegm said:

oh lord. channel 6 the cbs affiliate here in otown just had a story on the bowl game between isu and the retarded lepercons and they had the fucking Iowa shitbird logo up for isu. morons.

You live in Florida? That makes so much sense now.