Has anyone been fired yet?

Orange&White

32 minutes ago, staboner said:

now we have to try and get new assistants to come here when there may also be a hot seat under Tom himself, which means fuck all. it may all be fucked. you do it right the first time or its a fucking circus from here on out. going to take some luck and a strong CDC to make the right changes that get us moving forward again

Tom's got a contract through 2023, He's not going anywhere before 2022.

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Yes they will.  Money talks.  They will/can demand and get above market prices and get it. 

Thats not how it REALLY works in this situation. We will snag some "co-oc" that really hasnt called plays and just piggiebacking the success of another playcaller. We will just be used as leverage for good OC's to get nice raises at where ever they are at.

We gonna do all this stupid shit just to have even larger staff buyouts next year when we shitcan Herman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Only an idiot would be money whipped here. Smart coordinators/coaches use Texas to get raises on their current contracts. 

Sorry double post.

Already happened at Texas with Gilbert and Strong.  Took a two year deal and the staff was fired after one.  

Yes they will.  Money talks.  They will/can demand and get above market prices and get it. 

You're right, but does anyone want to work for Herman at this point. I wouldn't if I knew what I was doing. That means we probably can't hire anyone that is proven or great at there job. Would you trust Herman at this stage. Herman's probably been the one releasing info (leaks) about changes at the end of the year. To keep the heat off of himself. We could live with a crap guy who could coach, but we are stuck with a shit that can't coach. When a guy thinks he knows everything, he is incapable of learning anything else. This is what we have.

We can either shit can his ass now or win the B12 next year. Hopefully both.

• Like 1

We're not really in a great place here. Fire a coach at the end of a 3 year tenure and off of a 10 win season, sugar bowl victory the season before. When it's rather evident to most at this point, even at times last season, that Herman appears to not be the solution we hoped for and part and parcel to the problem we've endured for a decade now. Or ride Herman again with a supposedly Russian roulette of new coordinators with nothing but a flimsy promise that they'll be rented out for a year if Herman can't figure it out. Again, we find ourselves in a situation where the letting go of personnel sends a message to prospective replacements that we're a program that has no patience for short term failure. Flip side of that is we seem to keep hiring staffs that apparently don't know how to solve getting out of a wet paper bag with a machete in the short term. We're still walking that fine line of sticking with the hires we've made in the respect of continuity versus cutting our losses and trying to find a whole new solution. A 4th iteration of that solution is rather frightening at this point but I can safely say that my expectations have been tempered like a Babylonian whore in hopes of rescue from her destitute existence. This recycle of coaches, head or otherwise, is getting tiresome. I sincerely doubt there will be a hire that moves the needle at this point. Finna be a long offseason. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Thats not how it REALLY works in this situation. We will snag some "co-oc" that really hasnt called plays and just piggiebacking the success of another playcaller. We will just be used as leverage for good OC's to get nice raises at where ever they are at.

We gonna do all this stupid shit just to have even larger staff buyouts next year when we shitcan Herman.

This is where I am on the matter.  His extension raised his buyout by $10M and that should not be a factor in firing him considering the guaranteed money we will have to throw around to buy him a new staff.  Next year his buyout will be down $5M but guaranteed assistant $ could easily exceed that.  

If you have to fire your whole staff because they suck, you’re the one who sucks.   

Just now, mdmost said:

??? There are no posters in here whose kids I have inadvertently insulted. 

Oh he's here...waiting to come swooping in with a tale of the very important person he was at dinner with who also happens to summer with Chris Del Conte in the Hamptons and how they discussed at length how the coaching situation was being handled in a manner that most of us small time donors would never be able to comprehend....but we won't get that now will we Mr Degenerate Generic Kid Mentioner.  

30 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Nope. I don't.

Because Herman doesn't think they're the problem.

It will be explained to Herman that there's a problem that needs to be fixed.  Either he can fire himself or shed some assistants.  We can joke about his intelligence, common sense, etc. but I am fairly certain that Herman knows  that one or more assistants will need to be looking for work after this season.

this is why you upgrade coaches off a good to very good year.  its the perfect opportunity.  we were a shitshow on D most of the year last year but Herman stood pat because aligmen with his juco coaching staff.  unfortunately, Herman is an idiot.  we have had 2 straight idiots as head coaches.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Oh he's here...waiting to come swooping in with a tale of the very important person he was at dinner with who also happens to summer with Chris Del Conte in the Hamptons and how they discussed at length how the coaching situation was being handled in a manner that most of us small time donors would never be able to comprehend....but we won't get that now will we Mr Degenerate Generic Kid Mentioner.  

CDC does not summer in the Hamptons, at least from the first- and second-hand gossip my manservant has passed on to me. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

It will be explained to Herman that there's a problem that needs to be fixed.  Either he can fire himself or shed some assistants.  We can joke about his intelligence, common sense, etc. but I am fairly certain that Herman knows  that one or more assistants will need to be looking for work after this season.

one or 2 aint enough and herman doesn't have the humility to show how much he fucked up "alignment".

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

CDC does not summer in the Hamptons, at least from the first- and second-hand gossip my manservant has passed on to me. 

Ahh never let real facts get in the way of the important sounding details that are necessary when a thread is being Lobo-tomized.

Edited by Surly Bevo

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

one or 2 aint enough and herman doesn't have the humility to show how much he fucked up "alignment".

Depends on who goes.  His humility will be staring down the barrel at his future as a head coach.  Charlie Strong is not who he wants to follow.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Maybe it's the orange goggles but I have to think there are some good coordinators looking at the talent at Texas thinking they could right this ship in year one.

Plenty of egos out there - more than a few are probably thinking that they could come in, right the ship, and then bail a year or two later for their own HC gigs.  If it's just about money, somebody making six figures could bust their ass for a year or two, help UT improve considerably, and boom they are going to start getting 7-figure offers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If Tom is truly “Mensa”, he will self-diagnose the problem(s) and adjust accordingly.

Self-diagnosis has never been one of his strengths due to his ego.

I know I should have the fatigue of years prior against me, but I kind of think that if we hire a good OC and move Beck to a position coach along (or he isn't back) with replacing a few staffers who are on most everyone's collective shit list, I think we have a really good year next year.  

On the other hand if we do that and our season next year is an even bigger dumpster fire than this year - I don't think I would be surprised either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, staboner said:

i was going to say the same thing. he is a kid trying to figure out the mess he left behind by opening his mouth after the suga bowl win.

the failure of this season is 100% on Tom Herman and has been in the works since he made shitty hires from the start.

now we have to try and get new assistants to come here when there may also be a hot seat under Tom himself, which means fuck all. it may all be fucked. you do it right the first time or its a fucking circus from here on out. going to take some luck and a strong CDC to make the right changes that get us moving forward again

Can't wait until we have to fly Fenves to Kansas so we can hire the Wichita State OC.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Tom's got a contract through 2023, He's not going anywhere before 2022.

I sure do hope you’re right, as that would mean great success for longhorn football over the next few years.  I think there’s a greater chance you’re wrong, though, because another season like this one and there’s zero chance he’s here in 2021.  zero.  period. 

• Like 1