Has anyone been fired yet?

Orange&White

14 hours ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Thats not how it REALLY works in this situation. We will snag some "co-oc" that really hasnt called plays and just piggiebacking the success of another playcaller. We will just be used as leverage for good OC's to get nice raises at where ever they are at.

We gonna do all this stupid shit just to have even larger staff buyouts next year when we shitcan Herman.

CS v 2.0, how soon the BMDs and Bellmont "forgets".

20 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You people just need to chill the fuck out, most of the staff has contracts ending this year so they aren't gonna announce any firings. The first thing you'll hear about it is when someone is hired and that's not gonna happen today.

what do you mean, "you people?"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

As mentioned above, Herman reached out to a large number of parents over the last couple days. His message: “Let me fix this.”

says the guy who broke the damn thing in the first place.

Herman's just gonna rearrange the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.  until Herman is the one that's fired, we're just wasting time.

• Like 2

The sad truth about the Tech win is that Herman will look at the offense's successes against the weakest defense in the league and say to himself, "We have the tools. We just need to perfect them." He doesn't want to fire anyone, and besides, a truly accomplished OC won't touch this dumpster fire. The best Herman can do is a new co-offensive coordinator, who'll get about as much done as Harsin before he escaped. (Seems as soon as Harsin got rolling, Mack named Applewhite Co-OC.) We're basically fucked for the next year, then, if we're lucky, we can unload this pretender for a real talent.

On Defense, sort of the same thing. No true talent is going to hitch his wagon to Herman's.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

This nugget of truth is so depressing. We haven't developed NFL talent consistently for a decade.

It's a damning indictment of coaching that Texas guys get drafted low or picked up as UDFAs and go on to productive NFL careers. The NFL sees the talent but needs to correct what they got here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

My dad had this old lady that had been the admin for his org for years. She had no plans to retire....just to keep sucking on the corporate tite.

Anyway, he fucking sent out invitations for a big retirement party to the whole staff. For her.

She came. Everyone said goodbye. And she drove off. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was it Karen?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

says the guy who broke the damn thing in the first place.

Herman's just gonna rearrange the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.  until Herman is the one that's fired, we're just wasting time.

I'm sad to say I think you're right. 

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

In case yah missed from Thurs, Saty posted this:  

Thursdays in the Humidor: 11/28/19   (Thx @satyanash)

By: Justin Wells and Eric Nahlin

We'll pick up from Monday's Scoop:  "Based on what I'm hearing from booster lines, I expect significant changes starting underneath the head coach, though check back on that in a week or two. From agent circles I've heard four names (at a minimum) of coaches who aren't expected to return. I'd take the over. Don't bother asking for names."

Nearly every signal we're picking up on coaching changes points to Tom Herman getting a chance to invest heavily on a reboot. That's in fact what he's been telling the parents of players he's sort of re-recruiting and that's what it sounds like from agent circles and beyond. I say 'nearly every signal' because I think there was a bit of a donor push for Texas to cut bait with Herman, though we think Chris Del Conte has chosen to invest significantly in a reboot. We expect Texas to be very proactive in making changes, and aggressive in hiring the best of the best. Only time will tell whether or not they can pull it off.

We believe changes will start occurring by Sunday at the latest and Bryan Carrington and Andre Coleman will be elevated to coaching staff so they can hit the road and recruit. Those are of course short-term arrangements. Carrington hit the road aggressively two years ago and was an immediate help on the trail. We'll be monitoring who he visits closely next week. Perhaps some new targets emerge. Texas is fortunate the nucleus of the class is as solid as it is.

Who Texas parts with immediately will have ramifications towards the bowl. Coaching changes are more important than the bowl, but you still need guys to coach the next three weeks and the game. We could see two waves of changes -- before and after the bowl. The same could happen for new hires, especially if the candidate has a meaningful game or two remaining. Just keep in mind if someone is retained well into December it might not mean a whole lot. We also expect at least one coach, but maybe two, to be re-assigned either within the staff or to support staff.

As for coaching searches, we're very confident Texas has its sights set on at least one big name for offensive coordinator (there could be more we don't know about). When you aim for a big name you're going to be up against a number of suitors, not just the coach's current school, and that's something that will have to be factored in towards fan expectations. If it's deemed this coach is a good fit, UT won't lose out for lack of trying. Remember, big fish will want "their guys" and that could be another hang up we'll be watching out for. So far UT seems to be in decent position with the coach we feel is their #1 offensive target at this time.

Where Texas would go after this guy, I'm unsure (some of the names on the rumor mill I haven't personally heard), but judging by the amount of general interest I'm hearing from my personal coaching contacts I'm sure there is no shortage of offensive coordinators and other coaches who are interested in Texas.

If defensive coordinator opens up, Utah's Morgan Scalley will get a full vetting. I heard he's been someone they've had their eye on dating back to when they were fearful Todd Orlando might land a head coaching gig. Scalley has the look of a Ute lifer, but his upward mobility is hindered greatly by Kyle Whittingham. This is basically a Petersen/Harsin dynamic. Scalley could chose to spread his wings, but it would take a great situation to get him to uproot.

As mentioned above, Herman reached out to a large number of parents over the last couple days. His message: “Let me fix this.” For the most part, I think kids will wait to see how the new staff shakes out. Players and parents are watching these hires intently. These hires are important for both Herman's long-term and short-term success. Good replacements could be the difference in losing one or two players, or a handful of talented ones. This pressure is a good thing in forcing Herman and Del Conte to make quality hires.

We're going to wait for Texas to announce any coaching changes and then immediately drop in to add a color. At this time we only feel like three coaches (not counting Herman) are safe, and one of those might be a stretch depending on some other hires.

my email(not that it matters) to CDC basically said fix this.  of course, I was saying, don't waste 2 more years with Herman like we have done so many times.   A dumbass who hires a bunch of friends/sycophants from a G5 school is not the right man for the job.  Recruiting at Texas isn't hard.  It's never been hard, if you have very good to great coaches who have decent relationships with high school coaches.  Don't hire your staff for recruiting, hire your staff for coaching.  We got fucked with OL recruiting with Mack and Charlie because our coaching was a joke.  

if any of this is true above we are fucked for 2 more years.  Herman is using up all his chips.  We will have to guarantee 2 or maybe even 3 year contracts to anyone worth shit that is making a lateral title move.

I was hoping CDC would use the fact that he didn't hire Herman to push the correct button.  It was always a very long shot that he would.  

Make no mistake, he will be hiring a new coach in 2 years.  If Herman had Gundy's recruits he would have won 4 games this year.

I just hope 2 years from now we ask the coach we are interviewing what his plans for assistants are because apparently we don't fucking ask that question.  I think when Royal hired Mack he asked that question and Mack gave the right answer.  Royal knew the value of assistants that could actually, you know, coach. Sure Mack had a rainmaker like Brewster and its OK to have a couple(RB coach is one) but everyone else needs to be a great coach first.

Herman is now going up against real P5 coaches and staffs on a consistent basis and its not pretty.  Easier to sneak up on guys from G5(He did recruit above his weight class at Houston).

Defense is a perfect example.  He lost a ton of guys to injury all year and his coaches sucked so they couldn't coach up the replacements.  Orlando is a whiteboard coach.

TLDR: CDC is making the wrong move(I realize the money men control the final call).  See you guys in Dec 2021 when it will be all wine and roses as we celebrate the next guy who we will be told is the right guy. 

The sad truth about the Tech win is that Herman will look at the offense's successes against the weakest defense in the league and say to himself, "We have the tools. We just need to perfect them."

See, we just need to impose our will. New coaches will misalign the alignment /Mensa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Saw a quote in the Dallas morning news from Herman that said “teams with bright futures don’t make a ton of changes and he thinks we are still on course and have a bright future”.

Anyone see this yesterday? because I didn’t see it till this morning but holy fuck I spit my coffee out and was pissed. This would be classic Herman not making clear changes that need to be made because we had 610 yards against a shitty tech team. I have this horrible feeling he will just move some positional coaches out and keep Orlando and Beck.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Saw a quote in the Dallas morning news from Herman that said “teams with bright futures don’t make a ton of changes and he thinks we are still on course and have a bright future”.

Anyone see this yesterday? because I didn’t see it till this morning but holy fuck I spit my coffee out and was pissed. This would be classic Herman not making clear changes that need to be made because we had 610 yards against a shitty tech team. I have this horrible feeling he will just move some positional coaches out and keep Orlando and Beck.

When we have our Charlie Strong at ND moment in Death Valley next year, remember this quote. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

A little dramatic, no?

ha. maybe  but have you seen our history with football coaches?  just documenting the inevitable collapse.  I know it reads like being pissed but after the KU game I'm pretty much, whatever.  II'll watch and go to games, be happy for a few wins, comment on the idiocy on the field and see you in 2021 for the new day.

18 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Think you misquoted Mensa.... (Fake News.. LOL).    All I found from DMN on Herman was:

On his message to Texas Fans:  "That we're going to be OK. Things are still heading in the right direction. Obviously we’re not happy with the totality of the season. The kids are fighting. We’ve got a lot of young, talented players that will be able to have another year, some of them their first year, under their belt to develop and fill some of these really big shoes that these seniors will leave. The future is very, very bright. But we’re not oblivious to the fact that we’ve got to evaluate what needs to be fixed and fix it.”

Edited by LTtxfan

16 hours ago, deech said:

Self-diagnosis has never been one of his strengths due to his ego.

I know I should have the fatigue of years prior against me, but I kind of think that if we hire a good OC and move Beck to a position coach along (or he isn't back) with replacing a few staffers who are on most everyone's collective shit list, I think we have a really good year next year.  

On the other hand if we do that and our season next year is an even bigger dumpster fire than this year - I don't think I would be surprised either.

our secondary coaching is atrocious.  I can't see anyway there isn't a change there.  LB coaching is s shitshow as well but LB coach is Orlando, who isn't leaving I'm sure.  I would like to see us get an actual LB coach.

It says after that quote that Herman said “teams with very very bright futures aren’t in big time evaluation mode”. This was earlier in the week and then yesterday said the teams future is still bright. 

it’s from chuck Carlton article and what I just quoted is in the same article you quoted just a paragraph down.

Nothing is going to happen. Maybe one or two position coaches go as sacrificial lambs, but we're running it back next year. CDC and Herman's recent public statements make that abundantly clear. Herman is a narcissist. He's going to chalk 2019 up to injuries and maybe some locker room malcontents, refuse to look inward, and do the same things next year as he always has. Maybe he'll introduce some new chotchky gimmick like the 10/80/10 rule diamond grill, because he's a basic bitch that has no clue what truly motivates P5 players.

We will suck again next year. If the Vegas win prop is anything over 7, I'll be hammering the under hard. I'll use the winnings to buy back into season tickets when we have a competent coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Nothing is going to happen. Maybe one or two position coaches go as sacrificial lambs, but we're running it back next year. CDC and Herman's recent public statements make that abundantly clear. Herman is a narcissist. He's going to chalk 2019 up to injuries and maybe some locker room malcontents, refuse to look inward, and do the same things next year as he always has. Maybe he'll introduce some new chotchky gimmick like the 10/80/10 rule diamond grill, because he's a basic bitch that has no clue what truly motivates P5 players.

We will suck again next year. If the Vegas win prop is anything over 7, I'll be hammering the under hard.

Over/Under of 4.5 for Texas assistant coach changes this offseason seems to be a decent betting line from what I recently heard on a podcast... 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
Over/Under of 4.5 for Texas assistant coach changes this offseason seems to be a decent betting line from what I recently heard on a podcast... 

Does that include all the analysts, etc.? If we're only talking coordinators and position coaches I'd take the under on that.

Just assistants/coordinators (on the field coaches)

Might see two on field coaches move to off the field roles (my guess Naivar & Meekins).

16 hours ago, deech said:

Self-diagnosis has never been one of his strengths due to his ego....

I think Herman's ego has taken a pretty big hit. My only question is what kind of drug stupor is he going to slide into for the next six months? Booze? Pot? Both? LSD?

Will he shave before he goes to the store? Will he sleep on the couch in his office? Shower in the locker room every week or so? Bring in prostitutes and drug dealers? Hold wild parties for the players and staff? Arrive at the ER in an ambulance or the back of a cab? Will he stay in Austin after he's fired, perhaps hanging around Congress Avenue with a cup and a guitar. Maybe he'll pitch a tent at Town Lake? Carry a "will coach for food" sign around?

Herman's story is just beginning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Whether they wind up right on their guesses or not, no one opining about this shit right now has a fucking clue unless Burton is saying something. Burton speaks directly and regularly to both Herman and CDC. Maybe he has Chip publish something. You don’t have to like any of that, but it is true. Nahlin, Scipio, Anwar, Ebberts, none of those guys have anything but whispered wishcasting and they’ve been historically and frequently wrong on these matters with no validation otherwise to justify lending them any credence, irrespective of whether they’re saying shit publicly or on private boards - they have nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

CDC forced fatterson to hire outside his comfort zone didn't he when the offense became a shit show at TCU? Maybe he will do the same here. 

CDC has said multiple times he doesn’t get involved in the hiring or firing of assistants. So if what you’re saying is true then cdc is full of shit. I’m not sure why he wouldn’t tell Herman behind closed doors that he has to make changes. This effects his legacy at Texas as well especially if Herman makes no changes or minimal ones and then we go 7-5 again. After the Texas fan base is screaming for changes and he ignores them it won’t go well for him either.

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

CDC forced fatterson to hire outside his comfort zone didn't he when the offense became a shit show at TCU? Maybe he will do the same here. 

You may be right on that, I don't know. Patterson, imho, is more interested in beating the shit out of other teams than he is interested in being right. Not to mention that his offense sucked and he knew it and being a defensive guy it probably didn't take a whole lot of pressure to convince him to do something different.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Whether they wind up right on their guesses or not, no one opining about this shit right now has a fucking clue unless Burton is saying something. Burton speaks directly and regularly to both Herman and CDC. Maybe he has Chip publish something. You don’t have to like any of that, but it is true. Nahlin, Scipio, Anwar, Ebberts, none of those guys have anything but whispered wishcasting and they’ve been historically and frequently wrong on these matters with no validation otherwise to justify lending them any credence, irrespective of whether they’re saying shit publicly or on private boards - they have nothing. 

What's being said in the Humidor and outside the Porta-Potty?

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why the hell is Burton getting the ear of CDC and Herman??

1 minute ago, Xian said:

When do these contracts officially expire?  After bowl season?  I bet will we just see the coaches reassigned to internal offices for a month so we can hire new coaches.   If that’s the case we might not hear of any firings until the new coaches already hired.  

March 2020

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

CDC has said multiple times he doesn’t get involved in the hiring or firing of assistants. So if what you’re saying is true then cdc is full of shit. I’m not sure why he wouldn’t tell Herman behind closed doors that he has to make changes. This effects his legacy at Texas as well especially if Herman makes no changes or minimal ones and then we go 7-5 again. After the Texas fan base is screaming for changes and he ignores them it won’t go well for him either.

Now I only half believe that quote from CDC.  He isn't in the coaches business about who comes and who goes but I can't believe any AD isn't trying to protect the coaches from themselves when it's painfully obvious that something needs to change.  He isn't saying,  "fire beck, hire joe Brady " but likely saying "you must make some changes now because I've seen some issues with the current staff.  Its up to you to get the best people for job."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think Herman's ego has taken a pretty big hit. My only question is what kind of drug stupor is he going to slide into for the next six months? Booze? Pot? Both? LSD?

Will he shave before he goes to the store? Will he sleep on the couch in his office? Shower in the locker room every week or so? Bring in prostitutes and drug dealers? Hold wild parties for the players and staff? Arrive at the ER in an ambulance or the back of a cab? Will he stay in Austin after he's fired, perhaps hanging around Congress Avenue with a cup and a guitar. Maybe he'll pitch a tent at Town Lake? Carry a "will coach for food" sign around?

Herman's story is just beginning.

That's some funny shit...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

We're talking about the guy that still publicly claims his schemes were good and the team just didn't execute, right?

There is an alternative future where Coach Herman picks himself off the ground, coaxes a close-knit trio of high school stars to turn the program around and win consecutive national championships, but that future relies heavily on 24th Century UT exes perfecting time travel technology and traveling back to make sure Tim Beck is never born.