Has anyone been fired yet?

Orange&White

On 11/30/2019 at 12:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Over/Under of 4.5 for Texas assistant coach changes this offseason seems to be a decent betting line from what I recently heard on a podcast... 

Beck will either be gone or demoted/reassigned 

Meh is getting fired 

Warehime is getting fired

Meekins is getting moved to an admin role or fired.

I don't see any changes happening on defense other than perhaps one spot opened on offense being used to hire an extra DL or LB coach.

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Wasn't this on many levels the worst defense in school history? 

Only if you look at total yards or other worthless metrics. If you look at advanced stats you find that we started good on defense and ended well while being mediocre but not terrible (with the exception of Kansas) in the middle. The fact that that middle coincided with injuries  concentrated enough to force us to play a walk on RB at safety is probably enough to buy everyone there a mulligan. I think we do need to assign an extra assistant there to balance the distribution of position coaches.

5 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Wasn't this on many levels the worst defense in school history? 

I’m no downplaying what you’re getting at, our defense sucks, but with the way offenses are performing, many schools are probably experiencing their worst defense in history.

Unfortunately, Texas defense ranks near the bottom of the current worst defenses in history.

6 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Only if you look at total yards or other worthless metrics. If you look at advanced stats you find that we started good on defense and ended well while being mediocre but not terrible (with the exception of Kansas) in the middle. The fact that that middle coincided with injuries  concentrated enough to force us to play a walk on RB at safety is probably enough to buy everyone there a mulligan. I think we do need to assign an extra assistant there to balance the distribution of position coaches.

You know your right. If we ignore all of the festering piles of shit that have plagued the defense for two years and only focus on the positives parts then we are just slightly below mediocre.

Edited by Not a Sock

22 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Beck will either be gone or demoted/reassigned 

Meh is getting fired 

Warehime is getting fired

Meekins is getting moved to an admin role or fired.

I don't see any changes happening on defense other than perhaps one spot opened on offense being used to hire an extra DL or LB coach.

THF4C ?

13 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

You must mean worthless metrics like missed tackles, return yards, interceptions.....stuff like that. Worthless stats. 

Scores too have very little value , for losers. You likely enjoy provoking people.....with advanced worthless posts.

17 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

You know your right. If we ignore all of the festering piles of shit that have plagued the defense for two years and only focus on the positives parts then we are just slightly below mediocre.

14 minutes ago, cochamps said:

You’re*

no, he meant “you know your right.”  if he wants to ignore the negatives and only focus on the positives, that’s his right.  and he knows it.